Post subject: More Synopsis Questions
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:12 pm 

In tidying up the synopsis, I noticed I didn't use a header originally, just dropped down a couple of lines, and typed SYNOPSIS. Should I use a header? Something like . . .

THE BRIDE HUNT BALL/SYNOPSIS

And, should the main character's names be in bold? What about secondary characters . . . should I use their full names?

:? Tracy :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:42 pm 

Tracy Parker wrote:
In tidying up the synopsis, I noticed I didn't use a header originally, just dropped down a couple of lines, and typed SYNOPSIS. Should I use a header? Something like . . .

THE BRIDE HUNT BALL/SYNOPSIS

And, should the main character's names be in bold? What about secondary characters . . . should I use their full names?

:? Tracy :?

I use the following header:

TITLE OF BOOK/Synopsis/Bylin (w h i t e s p a c e t o f l u s h r i g h t) (page number)

The first time I identify the hero or heroine as the subject of a paragraph, I put the name all in caps. After that, it's all just regular type. For example, this is the first sentence of the synopsis for ABBIE'S OUTLAW:

"When the REVEREND JOHN LEAF sees Abigail Windsor standing in the door of the train, dressed in black and shielding her eyes from the sun, he knows that all hell is about to break loose."

Abbie gets her explanation later, so I capitalized her name in the second paragraph:

"ABIGAIL WINDSOR wants nothing more than to live a quiet life as a widow, but her daughter has run away from home and is searching for her biological father."

Hope that helps, Tracy. Frankly, the technical stuff isn't all that important Be brave and mail it!

[color=#0000FF][i]Victoria Bylin
Wyoming Lawman, LIH, Oct 2010
The Outlaw's Return, LIH, Feb 2011
The Maverick Preacher, RT Reviewers Choice Finalist!!!
[url]www.victoriabylin.com[/url]
[url]www.petticoatsandpistols.com[/url][/i][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:11 pm 

Thank you Vicki. :)

I feel cross-eyed right now. My son has been napping for the past two hours--very unlike him, he must be getting sick again--and I used the time to finish up the synopsis. Now, if I can only squeeze in a shower, too.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to print it out and scan it for errors.

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:30 pm 

Hi Tracy

Maybe he's just resting up so you can get your work done--can't have sick kid at his first Easter--what fun would that be?
I pretty much use the same format as Vicki. Only mine get really sucky after that opening intro.
I've seen some synopsis where everything is just the major 2-3 characters & some with all the characters.
That shower sounds good. Yet on my to do today list: scoop litter boxes,wash dishes, brown hamburger off, bake & decorate a BD cake, finish wrapping Kate's presents, buy a card(can't seem to find one here), & maybe that elusive shower. I'd love to just soak for hours, but the butt is too boney & the water keeps chillin' out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:15 pm 

Hi Judy,

What kind of birthday cake did you make? Me loves chocolate.