Post subject: Happy Dance ~ Book Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:04 am 

Hi All,

I've been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks, kept getting lost in the shuffle.

I'd had a book on my Wish List for almost 10 years. It never showed up for sale in my town. My sweetheart of a sister- in- law looked for it when she was out and about, without success.

Then I'm at Dollar General and there it is with a $3.00 label on the front. Yay!

Duke of Sin by Adele Ashworth (11/04)

I went to Fictiondb and clicked on the author website link to see what's going on with her lately. Big shocker there when it opened on an oriental-type gibberish filling the screen. No longer belongs to Adele Ashworth. So, beware of that link.

Anyone have an update on the author? I don't do Facebook so am wondering what's happened, is she no longer writing? Have a new name?

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

Post subject: Re: Happy Dance ~ Book Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:50 am 

I love when that happens. It's a great feeling when you find something that you've been looking for for years. I have the book and I really enjoyed it. I actually have the whole series. I believe that was the first book. I really liked the second book, Duke of Scandal. I also have the third one in the series, The Duke's Indiscretion. I didn't like that one as much. If u are interested in it, I can send you my copy.

I've been trying to find out what has happened to her as well. I think her last release was The Duke's Captive. That was in 2010. I don't know, but maybe she was dropped by Avon? Hopefully someone can find out what has happened to her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:15 pm 

Hey Beauty,

Thanks so much for the offer of the book. I've got those last two of the trilogy and feel the same as you, liked the second one more than the third. In my case... lots more.

Victorian Duke Trilogy
1. Duke of Sin (11/04)
2. Duke of Scandal (4/06) (B+ Hot)
3. The Duke of Indiscretion (4/07) (D+ Warm)

I have to laugh at myself with these books. So many times I've noticed that it's the thrill of the hunt for the books that excites me more than the reading. Well, when I had time to shop for them across country. Back in The Good Old Days.

I do hope someone has current info on Adele Ashworth. She has crossed my mind a lot since I last read anything by her and now I am really curious.

Nice chatting with you as always.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:35 pm 

Janie wrote:
Hey Beauty,

Thanks so much for the offer of the book. I've got those last two of the trilogy and feel the same as you, liked the second one more than the third. In my case... lots more.

Victorian Duke Trilogy
1. Duke of Sin (11/04)
2. Duke of Scandal (4/06) (B+ Hot)
3. The Duke of Indiscretion (4/07) (D+ Warm)

I have to laugh at myself with these books. So many times I've noticed that it's the thrill of the hunt for the books that excites me more than the reading. Well, when I had time to shop for them across country. Back in The Good Old Days.

I do hope someone has current info on Adele Ashworth. She has crossed my mind a lot since I last read anything by her and now I am really curious.

Nice chatting with you as always.

--Janie

You're welcome, Janie. The second book was excellent. It was very emotional. I cried a lot towards the end. I just didn't like the heroine in the third book. She was a bit off putting. The hero was more likable.

I've hunted for books as well and sometimes they are not as good as I was led to believe. I hate when that happens. But sometimes the hunt goes very well :D