Post subject: New Game on Game Board
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:30 pm 

There's a new game posted on the game board. Robin started this quarterly game and the new quarter is beginning. Hope you can join us for this really fun game. Details below.

Quote:
The game will last three months (starting October). The players will pledge two books (used or new, any titles) to play. This game is based on what we read in the next three months.

At the end of October, the participants will list the books they read that month. Since we all read at a different speed (some 3 books a month, others 25 books), I'll limit the list to 10 book for the month for each reader. You pick which ones if you read more than 10.

You will have till the 10th of the next month to post your list of books. Then I will post a list of 5-10 point statements that I've already created. The statements will be stuff like:

Give yourself 2 pts for every book you read where the heroine is a school teacher.

3 points if any of your titles use the word "wild".

1 point if the author's first initial is the same as yours. (My name starts with "R" so I would get a point if I read a book by Rachel Gibson)

Subtract 1 point for every title that begins with "A" or "An".

Each participants will tally their own points and post them on the thread. At the end of three months, the person with the most points will be declared the winner. (If we have a tie, we will have tie breakers.) Everyone will send the two books they pledged to the winner.[/u]

Post subject: Re: New Game on Game Board
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:12 pm 

I'm ready to play. You always come up with some interesting point statement, Stacy.

Post subject: Re: New Game on Game Board
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:46 am 

Thanks again for doing this. It is fun.