Post subject: J. R. Ward
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:30 pm 

I was nosing around trying to find a site that showed all the characters in her BDB books, not just the brothers. So I went to Wikipedia first. And I found that there's going to be another book in 2014 entitled The King. It's a second story about Wrath and Beth. I was surprised and pleased -- I didn't know that. So I'm passing that on in case I wasn't the only one who didn't know that LOL.

Benjamin Franklin

Post subject: Re: J. R. Ward
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:49 pm 

Ward announced it at a signing last week. (I saw it on her facebook page.) Can't wait for another Wrath and Beth book. I'm in the middle of Lover at Last right now and loving it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:59 pm 

I very rarely read vampire books, but did enjoy a few of the first BDB books, one of which was Wrath and Beth's story. I have passed on the rest of the series as I was never invested in it, but I will more than likely read 'The King' as I liked both characters.

HR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 pm 

In one of the recent books, Beth talked with Layla about having kids. Evidently she hasn't had her needing yet, and she seems to really want to have kids. But also, there was a snippet of conversation between Wrath and...someone. I forget which character it was. And he (Wrath) was saying that for vampire males, the commitment to their females is more paramount than their commitment to their children. And also in one of the recent books -- they really all sort of blur together for me -- someone affiliated with Xcor was researching the validity of the claim to the throne of any of Wrath's offspring, since his queen is half-human. So anyway... Maybe the next "Wrath and Beth" book will focus on those aspects of their relationship, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:39 pm 

I saw the post where Ward said she was going to announce the next book but then I never checked to see who it was. Interesting that she's going to take a step back to the originals. I like it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:38 pm 

kylebmac wrote:
I saw the post where Ward said she was going to announce the next book but then I never checked to see who it was. Interesting that she's going to take a step back to the originals. I like it.

Actually Wrath has played a big part in all of the books (being the King), including details of his progression to blindness. And the most recent book foreshadows the next, with Beth telling Layla she wants a child and Xcor plotting with the glymera to challenge the succession of a part-human.