Post subject: Has anyone read...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 am 

The new Amanda Quick series, Ladies of Lantern Street? I think the first one is called Crystal Gardens and the new one coming out is The Mystery Woman.

I used to read every book she wrote but haven't in years. I was thinking maybe I would try this series. Just thought I would get some feedback first.

Post subject: Re: Has anyone read...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:54 pm 

I read it and would give it a 3.5 out of 5; I have already pre-ordered the next book in the series.

It is not as good as some of her books (from the 80's) but it is better than the Vanza series.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:36 pm 

Janice, I didn't read the Vanza series. I loved her old stuff but not so much the new. I do like her Jayne Castle stuff and I've been keeping up with those.

I might give it a shot...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:32 pm 

kylebmac wrote:
I do like her Jayne Castle stuff and I've been keeping up with those.

I'm also a Jayne Castle fan! Love her "Harmony" series with the dust bunnies! I also love the Jayne Ann Krentz "Arcane Society" books. I read Amanda Quick's stand-alone historicals before she started writing the historicals about the original founders of the Arcane Society. So it was pretty easy to keep track when the Jayne Castle's were set in the future, the Jayne Ann Krentz' were set in current times, and the Amanda Quick's were set in the past. Now the last few Jayne Castle's have been set in the contemporary time as well. So, I just read them as they're published (although most of them can be read "out of order" without being too confusing. When reading order does make a difference, she labels them as the "whatever"trilogy.

I think "Crystal Gardens" (Victorian times) seemed loosely related to her Jayne Castle (contemporary) Rainshadow series (particularly "The Lost Night") with the Crystal Gardens seeming a lot like The Preserve on Rainshadow Island. If you're a fan paranormals (hers are mostly psychic...not vamps & shifters),you should give her (all three of her) a try again.

I don't remember "the Vanza" series. Which ones were they?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:12 pm 

per FictFact the Vanza series is
With This Ring
I Thee Wed
Wicked Widow
Lie by Moonlight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:02 am 

JaniceC wrote:
per FictFact the Vanza series is
With This Ring
I Thee Wed
Wicked Widow
Lie by Moonlight

Ok, thanks! I actually enjoyed these, too. I'd forgotten the Vanza part. I just sort of lumped them in with the ARCANE series. I remember thinking they were quite a departure from the first Amanda Quick's I'd read (Ravished, Reckless, etc) with the introduction of the psychic elements into romantic suspense.