Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Harlequin Influenced by Sex & the City
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:34 pm
Posts: 9807
Location: Tennessee
Bridesmaids movie and Girls!

In the latest edition of Simply Books a Harlequin mini mag, there's an article on the new line- Kiss.

As a long time harlequin presents subscriber I've been dissapointed in its direction. It felt like chicklit. I'm not interested in chicklit. What I find interesting is all the authors writing for the new chicklit line- Kiss, wrote for the Presents line.

Now I wonder if Harlequin was trying to change the Presents line w/these Kiss authors?

I'm glad my feelings about the Presents were right. Maybe now Presents can go back to days when the stories were more memorable, the heroines were more likable and the heroes were more badass alpha.


I've never seen Girls. Heard about it. Disliked the promiscuous heroines storylines.

_________________
OccasionalOpine
R.I.P. Glen Doherty, Sean Smith, Chris Stevens, Tyrone Woods
"Arbeit macht frei"
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harlequin Influenced by Sex & the City
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:28 pm
Posts: 3090
Location: Australia
I've never liked the whole "Sex in the City" / chick lit books, I want romance!

Sex and the City is desperation of single women to become a "couple" or to breed. I want my HEA..... the story before real life hits.... :mrgreen:

I don't read chick lit....

_________________
"Sometimes I wrestle my inner Demons.....
Other times,we just hug and dance!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harlequin Influenced by Sex & the City
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:34 pm
Posts: 9807
Location: Tennessee
Klass wrote:
I've never liked the whole "Sex in the City" / chick lit books, I want romance!

Sex and the City is desperation of single women to become a "couple" or to breed. I want my HEA..... the story before real life hits.... :mrgreen:

I don't read chick lit....


I did see a few SATC episodes. It didn't hook me.

Its sad that those dramas are what Harlequin thinks women want to emulate. They might as well included the silly Real Houswives like reality show.

_________________
OccasionalOpine
R.I.P. Glen Doherty, Sean Smith, Chris Stevens, Tyrone Woods
"Arbeit macht frei"
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harlequin Influenced by Sex & the City
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:28 pm
Posts: 3090
Location: Australia
erika wrote:
Klass wrote:
Its sad that those dramas are what Harlequin thinks women want to emulate. They might as well included the silly Real Houswives like reality show.


Okay so Real Housewives are my guilty "trash", I watch them as warning that having money doesn't equate to class, tact, or decorum! How these grown women act, astounds me... like watching a train wreck, but SATC can't handle at'tall!

_________________
"Sometimes I wrestle my inner Demons.....
Other times,we just hug and dance!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harlequin Influenced by Sex & the City
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:34 pm
Posts: 9807
Location: Tennessee
Klass wrote:
erika wrote:
Klass wrote:
Its sad that those dramas are what Harlequin thinks women want to emulate. They might as well included the silly Real Houswives like reality show.


Okay so Real Housewives are my guilty "trash", I watch them as warning that having money doesn't equate to class, tact, or decorum! How these grown women act, astounds me... like watching a train wreck, but SATC can't handle at'tall!


I'm not ashamed to admit I watch the Real Housewives tho not Beverly Hills and New Jersey.
I can relax and not think for awhile.

_________________
OccasionalOpine
R.I.P. Glen Doherty, Sean Smith, Chris Stevens, Tyrone Woods
"Arbeit macht frei"
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harlequin Influenced by Sex & the City
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:28 pm
Posts: 3090
Location: Australia
Ha I watch Atlanta, NY and BH, tried the others and nah!

BH is a new one for me in the latest season.

_________________
"Sometimes I wrestle my inner Demons.....
Other times,we just hug and dance!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harlequin Influenced by Sex & the City
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:34 pm
Posts: 9807
Location: Tennessee
Klass wrote:
Ha I watch Atlanta, NY and BH, tried the others and nah!

BH is a new one for me in the latest season.


I liked BH till one of the husbands killed himself and the wife was all of sudden saying he abused her. When she's off the show I'll start watching BH again.

_________________
OccasionalOpine
R.I.P. Glen Doherty, Sean Smith, Chris Stevens, Tyrone Woods
"Arbeit macht frei"
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group