Post subject: Jo Davis?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 am 

Does anyone know what happened to Jo Davis? She wrote some firemen books, and also some spicy spy books about a group called Shadow or something similar. I just finished reading Lucy Monroe's Heatseeker. I was about half way through when I realized I had no idea anything about the series (TGP/Atrati) and had confused it with Jo Davis.

I went to her website but it looks like it hasn't been updated in at least a year. Anyone know?

Post subject: Re: Jo Davis?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 am 

Looks like she has two books coming out in 2013, one Ebook Armed and Dangerous in April and Sworn to Protect in print in May.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:42 am 

The 'Sworn to Protect' novel is apparently a spin-off of her Firefighters series, featuring the police officer (or detective) brother of the h from 'Line of Fire'. I think his sister, Shea, was a nurse. (Hope all that info is right!)

HR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:43 pm 

I'm reading Savage Awakening right now by J.D. Tyler, which is Jo Davis. (I didn't know if you wanted her specifically or her Jo Davis pen name). This is the second book in the series--Primal Law was the first.

So far it's pretty good. I loved her I Spy a Dark Obsession but haven't read the fireman series.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:16 am 

HeatherBrown wrote:
I loved her I Spy a Dark Obsession but haven't read the fireman series.

You may want to give Jo Davis's 'Firefighters of Station Five' series a try. My faves were the first, 'Trial By Fire' (the H's nickname is 'Six Pack'--abs, not beer!) and the last, 'Ride The Fire' (the H is the captain of the squad and an alcoholic). The books are sexy, as are the men, especially 'Six Pack', whose given name is Howard. He is 6 and a half feet of HUNK :oops: ! FYI, the H in the second book, 'Under Fire', is a virgin and the character is really well written.

HR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 am 

hopeless romantic wrote:
HeatherBrown wrote:
I loved her I Spy a Dark Obsession but haven't read the fireman series.

You may want to give Jo Davis's 'Firefighters of Station Five' series a try. My faves were the first, 'Trial By Fire' (the H's nickname is 'Six Pack'--abs, not beer!) and the last, 'Ride The Fire' (the H is the captain of the squad and an alcoholic). The books are sexy, as are the men, especially 'Six Pack', whose given name is Howard. He is 6 and a half feet of HUNK :oops: ! FYI, the H in the second book, 'Under Fire', is a virgin and the character is really well written.

HR

I loved those books and I'm really excited to hear she has a new book coming out. It appears the first one is novella and the second one in May is the actual book about the same characters.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:27 pm 

Thanks for the tip! I've got Trial by Fire on my list. Still reading Savage Awakening, but I bought the next one, Black Moon to read next.