Post subject: Judith McNaught's New Book
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 pm 

Does anyone know when her next book is coming out? The last I remember was someone on the board writing it would be published in early 2013, I thought January or February.

It has been too long since she has one published. I need my JM fix. :lol:

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!

Post subject: Re: Judith McNaught's New Book
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 am 

Damn it, ya got me excited! For a moment I thought McNaught's long awaited book had an actual release date this year :(

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:42 pm 

I think we can give up waiting for anything from Judith McNaught. I think she's done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 pm 

A Random House editor was on another blog, so I recently asked her if Judith McNaught was still under contract with them. She said yes; JM is working on a book, but there is no publication date set.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:05 pm 

That was a cruel Judy, I was so excited to open this thinking there was some news :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm 

I don't know how reliable the following website is, but I Googled Judith McNaught and came up with the following:

www.mcnaughtized.com

According to this website, her book may be published by February, 2013.

It seems the title has been changed a few times, and it's now back to "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You."

If I read anything else, I'll post the info here.

Frani

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:58 pm 

The day I see another JM book is when I'll probably be rolling in my grave. Sorry, but rumors have been going on about a new book for years now and so far nadda. Nothing at all.

The publishers might first want to start seeing into putting her backlist books on E-readers and audible books first.

She's one of my favorites and I've been waiting years for her books to come on Audio or Kindle.

Is anyone out there in publishing listening?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:53 am 

Cigi004 wrote:
The day I see another JM book is when I'll probably be rolling in my grave. Sorry, but rumors have been going on about a new book for years now and so far nadda. Nothing at all.

The publishers might first want to start seeing into putting her backlist books on E-readers and audible books first.

She's one of my favorites and I've been waiting years for her books to come on Audio or Kindle.

Is anyone out there in publishing listening?

I don't have an e-reader so I didn't realize they weren't on Kindle or Audio. Strange, she and the publisher could be making good money with her backlog of books.

Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:56 am 

frani522 wrote:
I don't know how reliable the following website is, but I Googled Judith McNaught and came up with the following:

http://www.mcnaughtized.com

According to this website, her book may be published by February, 2013.

It seems the title has been changed a few times, and it's now back to "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You."

If I read anything else, I'll post the info here.

Frani

Thanks for the post. I hope this publication date is it.

Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:57 am 

Riley wrote:
That was a cruel Judy, I was so excited to open this thinking there was some news :D

Sorry Riley. I just wanted some "good news" and thought another reader might have it.

We have been waiting forever.

Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:06 am 

L.S. wrote:
I think we can give up waiting for anything from Judith McNaught. I think she's done.

I think she is a year or two older than me/I. When these authors age, I often wonder if the flow of the creative juices begins to diminish, and it is harder to write. Too many of the older ones have retired, and I sure do miss their books.

Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 am 

erika wrote:
Damn it, ya got me excited! For a moment I thought McNaught's long awaited book had an actual release date this year :(

Sorry. I won't post anything more on her until I find out something definite. :lol:

Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:44 am 

I preordered this book in 2007. The last notification I got from Amazon was a few weeks ago, in which they stated there is no longer a publication date, but they would "continue to keep me updated" in the event the book ever does see the light of day.

Personally, I have given up. I think McNaught is officially retired!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:22 am 

I think she has like one or two books on kindle and that's about it. For audio it's the same. She's such a good storyteller that I can't understand why her backlist is not on kindle or audiobooks. Maybe her publisher doesn't want to sellout to Amazon? :roll:

I agree.... I think she's retired.
It would be nice if she came out with one last hurrah. We shall see...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 am 

penfield wrote:
A Random House editor was on another blog, so I recently asked her if Judith McNaught was still under contract with them. She said yes; JM is working on a book, but there is no publication date set.

She's been working on that same book for at least 5 years that I can remember!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm 

I think it's so unfair of her to do this to her fans. It's a complete lack of respect to be silent for so long. What's so scary about the truth?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:06 pm 

Riley wrote:
I think it's so unfair of her to do this to her fans. It's a complete lack of respect to be silent for so long. What's so scary about the truth?

You are 100% right! 2007 was a long time ago in the book world. She went through some bad times, like we all do. It's called life. And if her muse up and left her, there is power in admitting that, and being honest with her fans. I will cherish her books that I love so much, and Paradise will always be my favorite book ever. But I lost my respect for her a long time ago. You just don't keep putting your fans off forever.

I honestly have no hope that we will see another book from her. And if any author ever owed a last hurrah to her devoted following - and she does have a HUGE devoted following - even after all this brouhaha - it's McNaught. :?

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 pm 

Judy G. wrote:
erika wrote:

Sorry. I won't post anything more on her until I find out something definite. :lol:

I think i'm :cry: giving up on Mcnaught.
I didnt even buy her last 2 books.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:08 pm 

Riley wrote:

It doesn't appear that she's too tech savy because her website hasn't been updated since 2006 and I don't see anything that indicates she has a facebook or twitter acct or an active newsletter, etc, (Someone mentioned she's getting up there in age...she'll be 69 in May) so I don't know that not hearing from her shows a lack of respect. Maybe she's sick, maybe she's having issues with her editor or her publishing house...who knows. We, as fans, may want to know everything that's going on in the life of a favorite author that may be interferring with a book being published, but I'm not sure we have a "right" to be informed.

If she was the only author I read, then I would be anxiously waiting for her next book. Since I have so many favorites, I always have a pile of books just waiting to be read, so I can usually wait patiently for any one author's book. The only time I get really irritated about the delay in a book's release is if it's in a series that's been left with a cliffhanger. I've had this happen three times where the final book never did get published, so I now I don't start a series like that unless I know it's a trilogy or a set number of books series that has already been given a firm publishing contract. (I don't mean the kind of series where they all take place in the same location or the characters are loosely related, but the kind of series that is building toward a conclusion and then phhts! without a resolution.)