Post subject: A runt and a question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm 

I have such an issue with movies that are based on books, they just not the same and some of them suck!!!! My kido asked me to buy him Percy Jackson and the Olympian Gods books and I did. He was not at home and I had nothing to read so I decided to read the PJ books out of curiosity. I absolutely loved them by the way. So now my kid is reading book number 1 and he was asking me to see the movie, I said I will let him see the movie after he finishes with his book. However, yesterday on TV they were showing the movie and he and I watched it. It is nothing like the movie!!! Since he is still in the middle of the book I told him it is nothing like the book, he said he knows.
I watched the movie and I am so upset that whoever made the movie felt the need to sexualize the hero and the supporting cast. The books are for young kids and there is nothing sexual in them they just pure fun. I felt like the movie makers capitalized on the book success but the kids and adults who went to see the movie gained nothing at all. I now have a lot of respect for J. K. Rowling who insisted for the movies to follow very close with the books.
Anyway since I loved the books so much, does anyone know if there is something similar in the romance /paranormal books that I can read? I know only SK and she is started well but now her series is very confusing and not interesting anymore. I read KC and its good but I would really like something with Greek Gods in it

Post subject: Re: A runt and a question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:10 am 

I have not read the books that you mention. But I have read a series of books by Stephanie Draven that are about Greek Gods. They are really great books, the series is called: Mythica. There are 6 books in the series, most are short stories, all are published by Harlequin so they are not expensive. Four of the six are ebook only because they are short stories.

Here is the link to her web site: http://stephaniedraven.com/books/

"CHANGING THE RULES" Available now
http://store.newconceptspublishing.com/rachel-rain/

rachelrain_romanceauthor@yahoo.com

http://romanceauthorrachelrain.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:13 pm 

Natalia, that's disappointing. I hate it when the movie's nothing like the book!
Yeah, Kresley Cole's are awesome, just a different set of gods, demi-gods, etc. Can't think of anyone who does the Greek gods.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 pm 

Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series is pretty good. I thought the mythology was really well done. Especially the first 20ish books?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm 

I read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series at the beginning but after a while she got very confusing and I do not want to spend my money on something that I do not enjoy anylonger. Her first books were good, now it just blah.