Post subject: Shiver by Karen Robards
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:38 pm 

I'm posting this here rather than Favorites because ..... it wasn't a favorite. It's good and kept my attention but there was something kind of weird about it. I'm not sure I bought the chemistry between the h/h. I rated it very good but possibly should have dropped it to good. It's well written but the plot seemed a bit pushed to me

Has anyone else read it and what did you think? It might be that I was rushed with Christmas stuff and didn't give it a fair shake.

Post subject: Re: Shiver by Karen Robards
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:39 pm 

I've been going back and forth on reading this book. She used to be a huge favorite of mine, but I haven't really enjoyed her last few books. They just feel....different, somehow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:56 pm 

Linda--I will wait to buy 'Shiver' in p/b form at the UBS. I thought the synopsis sounded very similar to Ms. Robards' earlier title, 'Walking After Midnight'. I did enjoy that book...

HR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:32 pm 

hopeless romantic wrote:
Linda--I will wait to buy 'Shiver' in p/b form at the UBS. I thought the synopsis sounded very similar to Ms. Robards' earlier title, 'Walking After Midnight'. I did enjoy that book...

HR

Walking After Midnight was better. IMHO of course.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 am 

Linda7849 wrote:
Walking After Midnight was better. IMHO of course.

Linda--I have heard this on other websites as well, which is why I will wait for a used copy :) .

HR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:19 pm 

DebraR wrote:
I've been going back and forth on reading this book. She used to be a huge favorite of mine, but I haven't really enjoyed her last few books. They just feel....different, somehow.

I've noticed the same thing on her last few books. I have a hold on a copy of Shiver at the library.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:51 pm 

Karen Robards is one of my favorite writers, but her last few books have not been as good as those written in the 90s. Ditto, Shivers.

Sometimes I wonder if romance writers get tired of writing in the same sub-genre and become stale. Linda Howard and Nora Roberts are two others whose newer RS books are not as good as the older ones. Then again, maybe it isn't with the authors, but the readers.

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 pm 

I read Shiver last month and I thought it was fairly good. I liked the craziness at the end (don't want to spoil it but the part with the plane). I liked Shiver better than the one before by her (although I can't remember the darn title). The one before was the one about the mob guy's daughter or daughter's friend who's a cop or something and she discovers the hero breaking into the house and then they're stranded in the forest around a lake. That was pretty good now that I think about it more, but I still liked Shiver better.