Post subject: Labor Day Weekend Reading Aug. 29 -31
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:34 am 

Hi Everyone!

For all our American posters....have a safe and fun Labor Day Weekend.

Busy Busy Busy weekend for me......Saturday will be spent shopping for the food for our annual family birthday bbq on Sunday. We started doing this 3 years ago. On Monday, I'm hosting pincole at my house and will serve the left overs from Sunday!

I'm currently reading the new Lorraine Heath book - Once More, My Darling Rogue so far so good. Earlier this week I read The Trouble With Leo by Katie MacAlister. This book was also a DNF for me.....I can't believe I waited 10 years for her to write a historical book again and did not like it. I also read Diana Palmer's newest book -- Invincible....typical DP book!!!!!! Up next, I have no idea, maybe the new Liz Carlyle book.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy Everyone!

Over at the General Boards I did a post on Lynne (Bookreader 7) please keep her in your prayers.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Labor Day Weekend Reading Aug. 29 -31
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 pm 

Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!

This weekend looks like we're going to get a lot of rain, which I'm thrilled to have. Saturday I plan to work out or run, and then work on Robert's room (cleaning it out, going through things I've already started storing there for my October garage sale). Sunday, Chuck and I are cleaning out the garage. Monday I need to finish my last licensing class. Hopefully I'll finish early and have time to go get a mani/pedi or something since Chuck has to work Monday.

I've been reading the third installment of the Ashley Parker zombie trilogy, Plague World by Dana Fredsti. I've been waiting for it for a while.

Have a good weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:16 pm 

Hi All,

Sunday I've got a Baptism to attend and need to be out shopping for a gift today. It took several stores before I found a card. And that special gift - that I'll know it when I see it - has eluded me all week. I used to enjoy shopping but now it wears me out.

As for reading, nothing really calling my name. I have loads of choices though, so hopefully something will nudge me soon. I thought as I started this post that a title would appear in my mind, but didn't happen. :lol:

Hope you all have a restful Labor Day Weekend.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:44 pm 

Hi Ladies no plans for the Weekend except maybe family reunion in Middle Tennessee I'm reading The Cursed by Heather Graham almost finished it after that probably Sabrina Jefferies latest hope you all have a great and safe labor day weekend :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:35 pm 

have been trying to read the Promise by Robyn Carr but is really slow going; not sure if it is my mood or the book

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:20 pm 

Hi all.
As usual my family is going up to my sisters' camp for the long weekend. Not me, again. I hate when it gets crowded on the weekends, especially holiday weekends. I like going during the middle of the week. No one but us and hours to read in the sun.
I read The Unexpected Duchess by Valarie Bowman. I read it in one sitting. I loved it! Also finished Tell Me You're Sorry by Kevin O'Brien… also loved that one.

Tomorrow will be going to the Muddy Cup for our book club. I suggested The Wife, The Maid, and The Mistress… and everyone absolutely loved it… so, I think our discussion will be great. Our librarian is looking up some of the real stuff that happened. It is a fiction book based on a real crime in the 20's. I always am relieved when someone likes the book I got to choose.
Don't know what I will pick up next. Will add it in when I decide.
Be safe during the holiday weekend if you are driving anywhere. Happy Reading!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 pm 

Just got home from work and I have all next week off. :D Plan to get a few things done around the house, relax, and read, read, read.

This week I read A Lady By Midnight by Tessa Dare and loved it. She's quickly becoming a favorite author. Now I'm almost done with Ashes & Bone by Stacy Green. Pretty good so far.

Not sure what I'll start next. I think it's time to start another J.D. Robb book. I'm way behind in that series.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:35 pm 

Robin in PA wrote:
Just got home from work and I have all next week off. :D Plan to get a few things done around the house, relax, and read, read, read.

Boy, I really need a staycation myself to get things done around the house....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:21 pm 

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!

Saturday I'll be doing our annual Cop-on-Top fundraiser for Special Olympics then hopefully have a nice Italian dinner with my young ball and chain. Thought I better not call him old. :D

I hope to be reading Mean Streak by Sandra Brown starting this weekend. Hope it's a good one.
I've been listening to "Diamond Bay" by Linda Howard on audio and just loving it.... like the book. Here's wishing for more older books on audio. Judith McNaught especially. If only....

Stay safe you all and enjoy your time off with loved ones.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:14 pm 

I'm reading Mean Streak also. So far so good but the story is moving a little slow for me. After this I have Heroes are my Weakness by SEP and Her Last Whisper by Karen Robards. Life is good! Now if I could just stay awake to be able to read more LOL.

I'm bringing fruit to my in-laws on Sunday. The health conscious set is making it a hamburger grill out with regular hamburgers, turkey burgers, veggie burgers and goetta burgers. I'll be having a regular burger thank you, although I might try a bite of the turkey and veggie burgers just to see how good/bad they are. My inlaws are not known for being great cooks. The host is one who always brings a veggie tray (I really hate veggie trays -- so tired of them and everyone eats the carrots and leaves the rest). I prefer my veggies ex carrots cooked thank you. But I love them all in spite of their cooking and will enjoy a round of cornhole if it isn't too hot.

Monday, I will consider having my brothers and sister over -- just consider. I need to remind my oldest brother that I had Memorial Day and it's his turn LOL. On the other hand, I may just go to the pool for the last day it's open. Have you ever noticed that it gets hot as soon as the pool season is over?

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:32 am 

I hope the story picks up, Linda. I seem to be in a reading slump so I was hoping that Sandra Brown would be my pick me up.
It's nice to hear your sisters health is better since her bout with vertigo. Is she fully recovered?

Enjoy your cookout!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:13 am 

I read Jayne Castle's new release, The Hot Zone. I liked the Halloween theme of the story along with the Fire (h) and Ice (H) special talents. The dustbunnies are always fun. I wonder if there will ever be any dustbunny babies? It felt like a shorter read and I wanted more. :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:14 pm 

Hi guys, wow it's been forever since I've commented. I don't know where the time goes! :/

I just finished reading Ann Aguirre's HAVOC: The DRED Chronicles book 2 I love this series...but now I have to wait a year for the next installment. :(

I'm getting ready to start Karen Tabke's BREAKING BAD the first book in her Bad Boys of the Bay series.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:43 pm 

TrustMe_2_Forget wrote:
Hi guys, wow it's been forever since I've commented. I don't know where the time goes! :/

Welcome back!!!!! :D :D :D :D

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:32 pm 

I'm reading Tales from the Drones Club- P.G Wodehouse.
Perfect for me at this time for zany, lol fun. I went out yesterday, taking buses. Anyway, I had to wait for one for over 35 minutes, maybe more in the hot sun and then walk a few blocks home from the bus stop. Didn't think I'd make it.Washed down with cool water. Went into kitchen for a glass of water, took it to a living room chair. A while later my brother came home- took one look at me and asked if I was okay, No. Had fallen asleep in chair. He told me to go right to bed- no reading, no light on (except my night light of course).Slept from 7 till 11:30, got up to go to bathroom, back to sleep. Got up 1:30- read a few pages of one of the short stoires, slept...
Won't do that again in the heat. Only go by scheduled paratransit bus or if driven by brother. Stupid, stupid me.
My brother Chuck is still in hospital. Had a pacemaker/defilbulater put in last week- might come home this week.
Back to bed soon with Wodehouse and the ditsy Drone club members.
Everybody have a good and safe holiday weekend. And stay out of the sun.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:07 pm 

Gail, glad the sunstroke didn't fell you completely. Gotta take care of yourself, my friend. Didn't realize you have two brothers, happy to know that the one not Chuck (LOL) helps you with care and concern.

Thanks for checking in and giving an update on Chuck. He's been in my thoughts along with L.C.'s nephew, in particular. They are still in my prayers, and you also.

Hugs.

--Janie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:13 pm 

Linda and Cigi... my ears perked up with the mention of Mean Streak by Sandra Brown. It's still on order at my Library.

I have been to Walmart three times since the book hit the shelves and have wrestled with myself not to put it in the cart. Really a tough battle.

On one hand I want to hear that it's a great read, on the other I don't need any encouragement at hardcover prices.

Sandra Brown or Lee Child? Pretty sure it will be Lee Child next week.

But really, is Mean Streak one of her best?

--Janie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:18 pm 

TrustMe_2_Forget wrote:

So nice to see your name on the board again! Please don't be a stranger. :D

--Janie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:06 am 

I'm so tired that I don't even remember what I read this week :roll: I know that I'm currently reading How to Seduce a Scoundrel by Vicky Dreiling.

Friday night I was making ginger-orange body scrubs with a fellow bridesmaid and mother of the bride. Mother of the groom and sister of the groom/matron of honor decided that they weren't coming because, get this, sister's new bf bought her a ticket to Florida to meet his parents. Normally I wouldn't mind, however we planned this day weeks ago and all this work was for your brother and his wife-to-be. We were also supposed to discuss things for the shower, since it's to be held at my house. If they don't like what three of us planned on Friday night, then they should have showed up and voiced their opinion. If the bride wasn't one of my best friends....

So today I went shopping with my friend. We had a good time. When I came home all I wanted to do was relax and read. But that wasn't meant to be. I came home to my parents making tomato sauce. So I changed my clothes and started to help out. We finished cooking, jarring and cleaning up at about 11pm. At least now we have sauce for the rest of the year :D

Sorry for my little rant. I just needed to get it off my chest.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:04 am 

On Wednesday, I picked up Julie Garwood's new book, Fast Track at the library. I read some unfavorable reviews on Amazon, but so far, I like it.

On Friday, I went to the library and picked up Sandra Brown's Mean Streak. As soon as I am done with JG's, I will start SB's. I really lucked out this week as I am the first one to check out SB's new one. Usually I have to wait on hers.

A question for listeners of audio books. Is listening to audio books as enjoyable as reading them?

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!