Post subject: Weekend Reading Aug. 22-24
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:52 am 

Morning!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! My cousin and I are having a garage sale today and tomorrow. Scattered rain today and tomorrow and hot and humid!!!!!! UGH! I do hope it's worth it. Sunday I have a feeling I'm going to be pooped!

I'm reading the newest Sabrina Jeffries book -- How The Scoundrel Seduces so far so good. Earlier this week I finished A Woman Made For Sin by Michele Sinclair - solid C read for me. I wanted to read more about the h/h and not the previous h/h. Up next and I might just start Linda Lael Miller's new book -- The Marriage Pact. I haven't been happy with her last few books..

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Aug. 22-24
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:17 am 

Hi Ladies finished Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb now reading Seduced by the Highlander by Julianne MacLean so far so good after that probably Heather Graham have a great weekend :)

Last edited by Debbie on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:21 am 

Hi All,

I'm reading "Far Gone" by Laura Griffin (4/14). Thank you Tee for recommending it, so far it's really good. I finally had to put it away about midnight and get some rest.

I can't think of anything going on this weekend for me outside of the usual clearing out storage buildings and/or yard work.

Hope your garage sale is a great success, Danielle. Those are a lot of very hard work. I can't stand people going through my stuff.

May you all have a blessed weekend whatever you're doing.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:01 am 

After reading I Can See You by Karen Rose (excellent romantic suspense), I started an old Anne Stuart book called Tangled Lies. I'm trudging my way through it right now. Definitely not her best.

Next up is either A Lady by Midnight by Tessa Dare or the last book in Stacy Green's Delta Crossroads series called Ashes & Bone. Maybe I can fit both of them in if it keeps raining this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:23 pm 

Happy weekend everyone!

So my oldest bird has flown. After taking him to college last weekend and worrying that he'd be homesick, etc., he's doing great. In fact, he came home last night and planned to stay until Saturday morning then go back to get ready for school to start Monday, but got up this morning after hanging with his friends last night, packed his bag and said he was headed back. He said he missed San Marcos and had a bunch of stuff to do before school starts and he didn't want to be rushing to do it. And he told me that he told all his pot-smoking buddies last night (and his brother confirmed this) that he's not smoking anymore. He said he hasn't done it in a while, he's finally feeling better, thinking clearer and is just happier not doing it. :shock: Egads...could he actually be GROWING UP??? I know you all said it would probably happen...but I just felt like it never would.

So off he went this morning...and I'm working on finishing my mortgage licensing class. I finished reading Keep Me Closer by Rhyannon Byrd earlier this week. I haven't started anything new yet because I have a pile of magazines I need to work through, PLUS, the maid is coming Saturday to clean house and I plan to work on organizing my office and starting to organize Robert's room. Sunday Chuck and I plan to work on emptying out closets and organizing them too. Our neighborhood has a community wide garage sale in October and I'm starting to get ready for it by cleaning things out.

Right now I have A LOT to read on my Nook, almost getting out of control. But right now I'm waiting for Tuesday's release of the last Ashley Parker novel, Plague World. That's what I'm currently planning to read next as long as I finish all my magazines and organizing over the weekend, AND passing my licensing class test either Monday or Tuesday.

Have a great weekend all!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:27 pm 

I'm currently reading Mean Streak by Sandra Brown and Field of Prey by John Sandford. I
am enjoying both and hope to finish them by the end of the weekend.

No big plans for the weekend other than a family get-together on Sunday.

Everyone have a good weekend!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:47 pm 

Hi Ladies finished reading Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb and now reading Seduced by the Highlander by Julianne MacLean so far so good after that probably Heather Graham's The Cursed have a great weekend :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 pm 

I am reading Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) and am enjoying it even more then her first mystery book. I'm also rereading Deception Cove by Jayne Castle in anticipation of The Hot Zone, her next Rainshadow book, out next Tues.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:47 pm 

Hi everyone.
I just got back from going down to our local animal shelter. My grandson went with me. They had cats galore and we played with them. They had some really neat bunnies, too. We couldn't go in and view the dogs because they had something going on with them. No idea what. Sam wanted to continue running around with me, so, of course we stopped at Half Price book store. We had some quality time together and that makes me happy.
Dani, hope your garage sale goes ok, and hope it doesn't rain for either one of us.
Kylebemac, you will pass your test with flying colors, I am that sure of you acing it.
Hope to just relax on Sunday and finish my Kevin O'Brien book, Tell Me You're Sorry. I am really liking it. Good suspense.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:54 pm 

PauletteW wrote:
Kylebmac, you will pass your test with flying colors, I am that sure of you acing it.
Hope to just relax on Sunday and finish my Kevin O'Brien book, Tell Me You're Sorry. I am really liking it. Good suspense.

From your mouth to God's ears Paulette!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:33 am 

Good luck Kyle!!!! You go girl!

The weather yesterday was hot and humid! I have to admit that after the garage sale I came home and took a nap!!!!

Not breaking any records with my sales but enjoying time with my cousin!

I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:53 pm 

I just finished How the Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries. Fun!

My mom is being released from rehab on Monday!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:58 pm 

ameliad wrote:
I just finished How the Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries. Fun!

My mom is being released from rehab on Monday!

Great news

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:27 am 

I just realized I'd forgotten to post here. My son and his girlfriend visited the Germania Society festival today. They dressed for the occasion: DS had on his German opo suit (blue and white for the Bavarian flag I believe) and his fiance had on a blue and black dirndl (spelling??) She thought she looked like a barmaid LOL. We tried to go too but couldn't find a place to park -- it was packed.

I'm trying to finish Tripwire by Lee Child before I start either The Promise by Robyn Carr or Mean Streak by Sandra Brown. After the Lee Child book, I'll probably want something lighter and the Robyn Carr book would fit that to a T.

Have a great weekend everyone. It's boiling hot and humid here so I'll be staying in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:53 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
I just realized I'd forgotten to post here. My son and his girlfriend visited the Germania Society festival today. They dressed for the occasion: DS had on his German opo suit (blue and white for the Bavarian flag I believe) and his fiance had on a blue and black dirndl (spelling??) She thought she looked like a barmaid LOL. We tried to go too but couldn't find a place to park -- it was packed.

Linda that sounds like fun! We have a Greek festival and an International Festival in Houston every year. I need to get Chuck out to go this year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:15 am 

I never had a TBR pile, since I read quickly. But since I got a Kindle and can get books for free, I now have over 100 on there waiting! But I can't resist them for free, especially since I discovered several authors new to me whose books I really love -- that would be Kimberley Reeves, T. L. Haddix, Debra Burroughs and Lorhainne Eckhart. I also have come across books by old favorites like Marie Ferarella offered free. Right now I'm in the middle of reading Tempted by You by Helen Conrad, part of a series set in Hawaii and I think the 3rd or 4th book I've read in this series, all good reads.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:13 pm 

Miranda731 wrote:
I never had a TBR pile, since I read quickly. But since I got a Kindle and can get books for free, I now have over 100 on there waiting! But I can't resist them for free, especially since I discovered several authors new to me whose books I really love -- that would be Kimberley Reeves, T. L. Haddix, Debra Burroughs and Lorhainne Eckhart. I also have come across books by old favorites like Marie Ferarella offered free. Right now I'm in the middle of reading Tempted by You by Helen Conrad, part of a series set in Hawaii and I think the 3rd or 4th book I've read in this series, all good reads.

I wonder how these authors are compensated when their books are offered for free on Kindle and Nook. Does anyone know anything about that part of the e-publishing world?