Post subject: Weekend Reading Aug. 15-17
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:53 am 

Holy Cannoli! I can't believe we are half way through August already....boy did this month fly by!

My plans this weekend is to get ready for my garage sale next week which I doing at my cousin's house!

I had a slow week for reading...I reading Invitation to Passion by Bronwen Evans so far I'm liking it. Earlier this week I finished Looking for Trouble by Victoria Dahl...an above average read. I started reading a book by Michele Sinclair and I got to chapter 4 and said.....I read this!!!!!!!

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Aug. 15-17
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:25 am 

I'm reading a Lisa Gardner book Hide pretty good so far. Has any one read this book and what did you think about it and rate it? :lol: It starting a little slow for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:45 am 

Hi All,

I'm about to finish up The Target by David Baldacci (4/14). Will try and post thoughts about it on the Mystery Board later.

Next up is another Library book...

The Dead Will Tell by Linda Castillo (7/14)
[Kate Burkholder - 6]

The title and how last year's book ended makes me think Kate's big secret is about to be revealed to all. I almost dread starting it.

Maryem, I just posted to your question about Hide by Lisa Gardner on the Mystery Board. Appears that I read it almost seven years ago and gave it a B+ Kisses.

No special plans for me this weekend ... just rolling with the flow.

Have a good one!

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:37 am 

I just finished Blood Games by Chloe Neill and it was great, as usual. Now I'm going to start Crave the Night by Lara Adrian. Tuesday, I'll probably be picking up Mean Streak by Sandra Brown from the library. I got a notice that it's in transit. Lots of good reading in my near future.

I was supposed to take off for the Smokies on Sunday but until my sister can drive again, I'm going to stick around. Also, they have rain predicted for down there so I'm watching the forecast for a lot of sunshine. The mountains can be pretty wet (it IS a rainforest -- at least I think it's considered so).

Beyond my books, no plans. Life is good!

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:08 pm 

I cleared some books off of my TBR pile this week starting with the Goldfinch, a Pulitzer Prize Winner by Donna Tartt. It was around 760 pages and after reading for an hour I gave it up and took it back to the library. I just couldn't get hooked in and it felt like work trying to get through it. I also returned Landline by Rainbow Rowell after trying to read it and not enjoying it enough. I loved Fangirl and usually like stories about marriages in trouble but I couldn't buy into the Magic Phone or the main characters.

Now I'm reading Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. It is the third book in the series and stars Isla and Josh. Entertainment Weekly gave it a B, saying that the characters don't pop off the page as colorfully as Anna and Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss (which I loved). I also felt Isla and Josh acted more college age then high school age. It was fun to see Anna and Etienne appear for a special moment in Isla.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:05 pm 

Hi Ladies finished Cassie Edward's Touch the Wild Wind and now reading Betrayal in Death by J.D.Robb no big plans for the Weekend have a good one :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:58 pm 

Hi all. Hope all is well with everyone.
I am just starting Kevin O'Brien's Tell Me You'er Sorry. So far he has hooked me with the first couple chapters.
Nothing going on here this weekend. My sis and her hubby are going to camp again this weekend. I was invited, but am still not in the greatest of moods. I just don't feel like being around lots of people.
I just plan on doing a little work around here and reading. Sounds good, right?

Have a great weekend everyone and happy reading.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:49 pm 

Hi everyone, hope you all have a great weekend. Hubby has been away for a couple of days and will be back tonight, so hope to go out for dinner and maybe a trip to the bookstore this weekend, nothing else planned. My mother-in-law is doing better and my nephew came through his surgery well, we just have to wait to see how successful it was.
Reading the Piano Tutor, a short story by Anthea Lawson, short stories and novellas are my favorite type of read.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:57 pm 

Well, this is it. The big move weekend. Tomorrow we're taking Robert up to college to move him into the dorm. I'm a little disappointed though. His last day home and SHE showed up. Fortunately for all of us, SHE has been absent quite a bit this summer and I felt like Robert was really doing a lot better all around. But no. She has to show up on the last day and he's got NO packing done. Nothing ready. So I guess we'll see what a big cluster this will be tomorrow when we're getting ready to move. :evil:

On the reading front, I read Hardwired and Hardpressed by Meredith Wild earlier this week. The third book, which I thought was book three of the trilogy, turned out to not be book three of a trilogy, but book three of FIVE. :shock: Soooo....after finding out that book three has a cliffhanger and book four doesn't have a solid release date yet, I decided to put book three on the back burner until book four is out. The books themselves were fairly good, although kind of all over the place character-wise.

I started Keep Me Closer by Rhyannon Byrd and that's what I'll be reading through the weekend. Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:33 pm 

Hi Everyone, I am reading SPIDER WOMAN'S DAUGHTER by Anne Hillerman. She is the daughter of Tony Hillerman who wrote all the great Navajo novels. This is a Lt. Leaphorn and Officer Chee novel. Anne is continuing in her Father's tradition and it is a very good book.

I had workmen in the house all week doing some light maintenance and it is always stressful for me. I had my deck repainted a grey color and now I want all new cushions and pillows for the deck furniture. I am going for yellow, grey, and white. Went to a couple of stores today and not much left this late in the summer.

Have a great weekend and happy reading to all! :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:48 am 

Got some reading done this past week. I finished Shotgun Wedding by Maggie Osborne. The heroine is a pregnant unmarried woman who is shunned by the community. The town sheriff has loved her a long time and convinces her to marry him. Good story.

I also read a short story by Jeaniene Frost called Night's Darkest Embrace. It was OK, but not as entertaining as her Night Huntress series.

Now I'm starting I Can See You by Karen Rose. Good so far.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:49 am 

Janie wrote:
Hi All,
Next up is another Library book...

The Dead Will Tell by Linda Castillo (7/14)
[Kate Burkholder - 6]

The title and how last year's book ended makes me think Kate's big secret is about to be revealed to all. I almost dread starting it.

--Janie

I love her Kate Burkholder series. I've only read the first two books but I'm hooked. I should be reading the next book in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:17 pm 

In between organizing my Kindle I have been reading the Collector by Nora Roberts. While very interesting it seems to be a slightly slower pace than what I normally expect in her books.