Post subject: Weekend Reading Aug 8-10
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:26 am 

Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone had a good week!

No big plans this weekend but the usual errands!

Skimmed though a couple of Julie Garwood books just to remember the friend's storyline! After that I read A SEAL's Fantasy by Tawny Weber love those Men in Uniform series. I'm currently reading Looking For Trouble by Victoria Dahl so far so good.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Aug 8-10
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:00 am 

Hi everyone.
I don't have any great plans for the weekend. I still haven't heard from the vets as to when I can pick up Sassygirls ashes. She will go right there with the other Yorkie love of my life, Tobie. Still hate coming into an empty house. I find myself making excuses not to go home right away. I know, this will pass and I guess it is the part of the grieving process.

I may go down to my sister's house on Sunday for dinner. She is having some work done on her backyard and I want to see what they have done with it.
I am still reading River Road by Jayne Ann Krentz. Almost done with it. Not a bad read.

Hope you all have a great weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:15 am 

Hi All,

I'm starting "Bravo" by Greg Rucka #2 of his Jad Bell Series.

{{{ Hugs }}} to you, Paulette.

Hope you all have a happy weekend. I'm hoping to take tomorrow off and get re-energized.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:47 pm 

Hi Ladies no big plans this weekend finished Savor the Danger by Lori Foster now reading Touch the Wild Wind by Cassie Edwards so far so good after that not too sure. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:49 pm 

This week I finished the second book in Rosalind James New Zealand series. I love it. I love reading about New Zealand and all the Maori culture. I've even youtubed the haka performed at Rugby games. Those guys are gorgeous!

Anyway, after that I started Bloodgames by Chloe Neill and I'm loving it now. Hopefully, I'll pick up Crave the Night by Lara Adrian at the library tomorrow to reader after Bloodgames. I really need to get off my butt and start moving more but these books are so good!

No big plans this weekend which I love. I hope everyone enjoys their weekends.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:35 pm 

I read Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. I loved Fangirl and was excited to see the kindle price for Attachments become affordable. The H works at a newspaper as the IT guy and has to monitor company e-mails. The h writes movie reviews. The story is cute but I liked Fangirl more.

I also read a Regency Romance, Lady Elizabeth's Comet, by Sheila Simonson, a story of a daughter of an earl that is an amateur astronomer and has to decide between the new Earl of Clenross (recovering from a bad war injury) and her betrothed, a longtime friend.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:43 pm 

(((Hugs))) Paulette, coming home to an empty house after losing one of our beloved fur babies is so hard.

I am just beginning to read a regency boxed set Tempted by his Touch that I downloaded on my kindle.
My Mother-in-law is home from the hospital and improving, next week will be nail biting while we wait for word on my nephew.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:04 am 

I finished Bad Guys by Linwood Barclay, the second in the Zack Walker suburban mystery series I recommend this book. I love the main characters.When I went to return it to the library thiis afternoon,my reserve on Invisible by James Patterson had arrived. I'm going to start it soon as I go to bed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:25 pm 

Going back and forth between two series right now

the embattled series by J M Madden series and the Team Red series (Blind version) by T Hammond.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:47 pm 

It's been a slow reading week. Just haven't been in the mood. I'm almost done with and older Jayne Ann Krentz book called Family Man. Not bad but a little dated.

Not sure what I'll read next. Maybe a historical romance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:36 pm 

Happy weekend...well, what's left of it. I read Hardwired and Hardpressed. They were not bad but going to start what I thought would be the last book in the trilogy, Hardline, I found out this is no longer a trilogy. There's a book 4 due in Fall/Winter and a book 5 some nebulous time after that. And book 3 evidently leaves us with a cliffhanger so I didn't start it. :x :x

I'll wait for at least four to come out.

Been suffering from bad insomnia. Counting down the days with Robert. Texans stunk up the joint Saturday night but I was happy to be watching football again.