Post subject: Weekend Reading Aug. 1-3
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:14 am 

Holy Cannoli, I can't believe it's August already!

I hope everyone had a good week......we had a good time at the army reunion and I'm glad to be home!!

No big plans this weekend.....shopping and hubby is taking me out to lunch.

Just finished the new Julie Garwood book -- Fast Times, I really enjoyed it. I'm going to read Heartbreaker and Mercy by her...these are the first two books in this series. When I started reading her I didn't realize that there were several books already in the series. I started reading her with Sweet Talk. I did finish and enjoy Stormy Persuasion by Johanna Lindsey and I'm looking forward to Jack's story. Hopefully her book will be next.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Aug. 1-3
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:36 am 

Hi All,

My weekend plans are the same as it's been since Mother's Day... clear out the storage buildings and discard what I can bear to let go. But, that's depressing so let's talk about book stuff.

Hope you had a good week. I've turned last weekend's read (Stormy Persuasion by Johanna Lindsey) back to the Library to try again later. Realized I hadn't read the previous book in the series (Library never ordered it), but I do have the paperback on hand, so need to read that first etc.
Planning to start this weekend...

The Catch by Taylor Stevens (7/14)
[Vanessa Michael Munroe - 4]

Dedication:
For my readers.
Your support for the earlier books in this series
made it possible for Munroe to ride again.
This one is for you. Thank you.

Vanessa "Michael" Munroe Series - International Thrillers
1. The Informationist (3/11) (A- Implied Sex)
2. The Innocent (1/12) (A- Subtle)
3. The Doll (6/13) (B Violent)
4. The Catch (7/14) - pending

And, Thank you, Ms. Stevens. I enjoy your work.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 am 

Hi All - So very glad the weekend is almost at hand!! Not too much going this weekend - but my niece's fast pitch softball team is playing against the Philippine National Team tonight at the local university and I'm looking forward to the game. :mrgreen:

I am doing a re-read of the first in the Kate Daniels series (Magic Bites) - just love this series!! Then I will move on to the brand new release in the series (Magic Beaks) - it came out on Tuesday. I am listening to Thankless In Death by JD Robb and am loving it - as usual!!

Over my vacation in July I taught myself how to loom knit and I have been spending a lot of time in the evenings and on the weekends working on that - it's fun and I've always wanted to crocket and knit - so I am feeling creative!!

Otherwise all I am planning on doing is trying to stay cool - it's very hot and unfortunately humid as well - :(

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:28 pm 

I can't believe birthday month is over LOL. I think I may switch to birthday quarter next year! This week I read the second Jack Reacher book by Lee Child, entitled Die Trying -- gory!!!!! Not my favorite but it kept me reading.

So yesterday I started Fast Track by Julie Garwood and I'd still be reading it but my phone rang, I looked at the clock and saw it was noon and I haven't eaten breakfast yet! The phone rang in the middle of the first kiss between h/h. No one does first kisses like Garwood (sigh).

Our Church picnic is tonight and since my DH is on parish council, he has to do "welcoming table" for the first 2 hours. That means I'll be going to the park around 6 to eat dinner and meet friends. It will be fun but since it's outside, it might be hot. The picnic is in a small amusement park and I remember taking my kids when they were little to ride the rides -- lots of good memories. How'd I get old so fast!

Beyond that, the weekend is free and clear; just the way I like it. Have a great one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:39 pm 

Hi Ladies finished To Marry a Scottish Laird by Lynsay Sands now reading Savor the Danger by Lori Foster after that not too sure have a super weekend :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:58 pm 

I am pathetic with my reading lately. I just can’t get motivated to finish “Faceoff” which I have been reading for over three weeks. Good book and because of the shortness of the stories you can read it in fits and starts, but I may turn it in to the library and try later. Janie, I look forward to discussing with you so don't give up on me.

DanielIe, if I knew, I had forgotten, “Fast Track” was part of a series. Thanks for mentioning that fact. Now I want to go back and familiarize myself with “Heartbreaker” and “Mercy”. I think that’s why I’m having so much trouble finishing anything, I’m so anxious to read “Fast Track”. I’m glad you and Linda had positive things to say about the book.

I’ve started “Field of Prey” by John Stanford and always enjoy the Lucas Davenport books. Also, working on “Terminal City” by Linda Fairstein. After typing this post, I think I need to stop flitting from one book to another and just finish something! Library books usually have me racing to read to get back on time. Anyone else get hyper like this?

Janie, I’ve never read Taylor Stevens. You’ve given me another author to check out.

I cannot believe we have begun August! Summer is flying by! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:22 pm 

I read Fast Track on Tuesday and really enjoyed it.

After that I read a couple of freebies and they resonated so well I can't even remember their titles or the authors. Sometimes you do get what you pay for :(

Currently reading "No Strings Attached" by Susan Andersen and enjoying it. This one I will remember after I finish it. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:47 pm 

This past week I read Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong. It's the last book in her Women of the Otherworld series and I'm sorry to see it end.

After that I read Cop of the Year by Kathryn Shay. Cute book.

Now I'm reading The Line Between Here and Gone by Andrea Kane. It's the second book in her Forensic Instincts series. I'm really liking it so far.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:21 am 

I started the new Donna Leon book,By Its Cover- a commisario Guido Brunetti mystery- the 17th in the series- haven't read any other in the series. Maybe a first for me, want to read this now and get others later on. Getting real wild and impulsive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:16 am 

I am doing a re-read of THE SECRET PEARL by Mary Balogh. One of my all time favorites by her. Didn't get much reading done on vacation. The sea air got to me in the evenings and it was early to bed every night. Now I have got to work on the few pounds I put on eating all the delicious food.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:17 pm 

Dani wrote:
I am pathetic with my reading lately. I just can’t get motivated to finish “Faceoff” which I have been reading for over three weeks. Good book and because of the shortness of the stories you can read it in fits and starts, but I may turn it in to the library and try later. Janie, I look forward to discussing with you so don't give up on me.
Dani, don't stress out on my account. I've not given up on you. I'm not taking book notes any more so all discussions from this point will be a test for my memory.
Dani wrote:
I’ve started “Field of Prey” by John Stanford and always enjoy the Lucas Davenport books.
Prepare for a roller coaster ride and keep some tissues handy.
Dani wrote:
After typing this post, I think I need to stop flitting from one book to another and just finish something! Library books usually have me racing to read to get back on time. Anyone else get hyper like this?

Dani, welcome to my world these days. Library due dates have become a major juggling act. I have two books due on the 7th but can't concentrate long enough to read either of them, for thinking about what I need to be doing rather reading. And now look at me on the computer. Sigh.
Dani wrote:
Janie, I’ve never read Taylor Stevens. You’ve given me another author to check out.

Start with the first book and be prepared for a unique character and the work she does.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 pm 

Boy, I know I'm so so late to this party...but I wanted to pop in here and leave a note. I finished Turn Up The Heat the other day and started Hardwired by Meredith Wild. It's the first book of a trilogy called The Hacker Series. It seems like a Fifty Shades of Grey type series. I'm not far into it yet though.

My life has become so crazy lately. My mom and I finally made the switch back to our old company. I started last Friday, August 1st. Learning a new system is difficult but it's similar enough to the previous system that my learning curve shouldn't be too bad. I've started taking my licensing classes for NMLS which I have to have to originate loans with my new company. Garrett is supposed to be starting driver's education but we haven't even started that yet. And my baby, my love, my Robert....is leaving to go to college 7 days from now. :cry: These last 2 years have been so hard...so I'm completely divided. I am happy he seems to finally be getting his head on straight but I know I'm going to cry a lot at first.

I think this August is going to be the craziest month of my life...hope you're all well.