Post subject: Weekend Reading July 18-20
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:39 am 

Happy Friday Everyone!

I hope everyone had a good week.

No big plans this weekend. I do hope to sit outside and read (hopefully I'm getting my mojo back.) I'll also start getting ready for my husband's Army reunion next weekend!

I feel my reading mojo coming back! I finished and enjoy the latest Jill Shalvis book...Then Came You. Plus I finished two Blaze books....Riding Home by Vicki Lewis Thompson and Command Control by Sara Jane Stone. I'm thinking of rereading one of my favs --- Noble Intentions by Katie MacAlister!

Any plans this weekend! What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading July 18-20
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:27 am 

Hi everyone.
Can you believe we are halfway through July?? Time is just going way to fast! No big plans after today for the weekend. I am going to meet a few of the women I worked with for lunch. I am really looking forward to seeing them. We have a lot of catching up to do.
Reading wise, I just finished Here and Now by Constance O'Day Flannery. It is a time travel with the man coming to 2001 from 1926. Really enjoyed it. Next on the agenda is The Secret Life of Rosa Lee by Jodi Thomas. I also have to start The Life Of Pi for bookclub. It is not a favorite type of book selection for me but I will plow through it between books that I like.
Hope everyone is doing ok and ready to enjoy the weekend. Happy reading!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:28 pm 

Hi Everyone. It is hot, hot, hot here in Georgia. We are heading to the beach on Sunday for our annual family vaca. Can't wait. We go to St. Simon's Island every year. Danielle, didn't know your hubby had been in the Army. Mine was a career guy (28 years).
I am reading THE ESCAPE by Mary Balogh. It is a slow paced very sweet story, just what I need right now. I am going to take the new Loretta Chase and the New Madelaine Hunter books for my beach reads.

Happy reading everyone and stay cool!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:02 pm 

Lindy wrote:
Hi Everyone. It is hot, hot, hot here in Georgia. We are heading to the beach on Sunday for our annual family vaca. Can't wait. We go to St. Simon's Island every year. Danielle, didn't know your hubby had been in the Army. Mine was a career guy (28 years).
I am reading THE ESCAPE by Mary Balogh. It is a slow paced very sweet story, just what I need right now. I am going to take the new Loretta Chase and the New Madelaine Hunter books for my beach reads.

Happy reading everyone and stay cool!

Lindy, my hubby was only in 4 years.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:13 pm 

Hi Ladies no plans this weekend finished when you Dare last night and started Deadly Affairs by Brenda Joyce after that not sure 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:09 pm 

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I just finished The Wedding Trap by Adrienne Bell and started the sequel The Agent Next Door, great stories.
Not doing much this weekend as I'm getting over a bug, but it gives me reason to settle down and read.
The big guy is getting over his surgery just great and has a magnificent appetite to match his size!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:46 pm 

Hi Everyone,

Mostly been doing comfort reads, stuff by Linda Howard and Leanne Banks.

Right now I'm listening to The Search by Nora Roberts. I like the stuff about the rescue dogs. The story is slow, and it kind of reminds me of her Montana Sky, where I thinks she gets a bit gruesome with the killing. I will stick with it because I do like the characters.

Have a good weekend,

Lynne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:06 pm 

I'm so glad this week is finally over. Monday I came home from work to find a bunch of ants had moved in while I was away. Had a heck of a time getting rid of them. Wednesday I had a cortisone shot in my foot since I have inflammation in the joint. It worked for 24 hours before the pain was back. Since it's a series of shots, I'm hoping the next one works better.

Today i got in my car to go to work and it wouldn't start. Turns out I need a new fuel pump. Ugh. My car won't be fixed until Monday. At least they gave me a loaner for the weekend.

This week I read a novella by Maggie Shayne called Dream of Danger. It was pretty good. Then I started reading Sleeping at the Magnolia by Lisa G. Brown. I gave up on that one after 150 pages. Now I'm reading Skeleton's Key by Stacy Green. I'm really liking it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:40 pm 

I finished Bride of a Scottish Warrior by Adrienne Basso. I'm still reading Faceoff. As it is a lot of short stories, I read some and then go to another book. It's a library book so I have to step-it-up to get the book back on time.

I was really craving a historical romance so I am also reading Once Again a Bride by Jane Ashford. I've always enjoyed her books and this one is no exception.

My sleep pattern is getting messed up because I'm watching the British Open and getting up entirely too early! Only a few days to go and I can return to normalcy. Anyone else watching?

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Dani

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:21 pm 

I'm reading The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness and really, really enjoying it. After that, I'm going to not read anything for a few days to catch up on all the stuff I haven't been doing (like laundry, cleaning, etc.)

This weekend is "Meet the Parents" for DH and I. Future DIL's parents are coming in from the other end of the state (Cleveland) and we'll be going to different Cincinnati places with them and my son and future DIL. I'm sure I'll like them. I'm friends with the mom already on FB and they're both cat lovers! I hope the rain we're having this evening goes away by tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:39 am 

I read 2 books this week--'You're Not Safe' by Mary Burton and 'Bluestone Homecoming' by MJ Fredrick.

'You're Not Safe' by Mary Burton was just a so-so read for me. The suspense storyline was good but there was virtually no chemistry between the H/h.

'Bluestone Homecoming' was a good CR read. The H was a widowed absentee father and the h was his son's school counselor.

I am now midway through Sharon Sala's 'Going Twice' and really enjoying it. The H/h are divorced and working together on a serial killer case.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

HR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:42 pm 

I started and am about 1/2 way thru TELL ME LIES by Jennifer Crusie.