Post subject: Weekend Reading June 20-22
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 am 

Happy First Day of Summer on Saturday Evveryone!

Hope everyone had a good week....no big plans this weekend. Just hoping to sit outside and read. Rain is in our forecast.

Didn't read to much to week....read a quick novella by Sabrina Jeffries - Dorinda and the Doctor. I also read Pure Heat by M L Buchman. I really enjoy his books. I just started the new Madeline Hunter last night The Accidental Countess so far so good!

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading!

Enjoy your weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading June 20-22
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:47 am 

Danielle, I have haunted every book outlet in this town since 6-03-14 for The Accidental Duchess, none of them have come through for me. This morning I even went to the Barnes & Noble site to double check that Amazon had the correct release date, they both said the same.

Right now listening to The Collector by Nora Roberts and so far Julia Whelan is doing a fine job with her narration. Story is good also, can't wait to find out what the brother and his girlfriend were into.

When my ears need a rest :lol: I've just started FaceOff the thriller anthology that teams up various popular characters by a few of my favorite authors. For this time in my hectic life the short stories are just right. David Baldacci is the Editor and it's under his name the book is located at my Library, if anyone needs to know.

Have a great weekend everyone.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 am 

I am reading The Accident by Linwood Barclay good read so far half way though the book.Has anybody read this books please give comments.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:06 am 

Happy weekend everyone!

I've started training again because I'm running a half-marathon in October so it's keeping me busy. Also I'm STILL reading The Shining but I think I might give myself a break from it. I'm starting to have nightmares and I'm missing the romance. Busy weekend ahead of me. Tomorrow is our Divisional Swim Meet - so it's Robert's last time to swim competitively. It's always a long day, then usually we go out and have Mexican food and drinks after. Sunday we were supposed be having a late Father's Day/early birthday celebration at my Mom and Dad's house but now those plans are up in the air...I guess we'll see.

At some point I need to finish sending out graduation announcements and Robert has to start working on his Thank You notes.

Still considering my job. Not sure it's going to work out. It's too bad too because I like the place I work and the people there, but so far, the money is not working out the way it was remotely supposed to. Now, I know money isn't everything, which is why I haven't just bailed yet. But if I have to go into my savings to live in between pay checks and paying my bills because my income depends on another person doing their job, and that person is not doing it, then I have to consider going to my big boss and asking for a different job, or finding a new one.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:33 am 

I finished Suspicion by Joseph Finder. Really was a great book IMO. I liked the "cat and mouse" plus "things aren't always as they seem" aspects of the book. Makes you glad most days are just ho hum.

Janie, I'd be interested in your take on Faceoff. I'm on the list at the library but not sure when I will get it.

I'm currently reading SEAL Honor by Tonya Burrow. Haven't ready anything by her and saw her new book in the series featured on RT Book Reviews. Downloaded both and now reading the first one. So far, so good.

Kylebmac, hope your job situation rights itself. It must be agony having to depend on someone else's performance that impacts your outcome.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:42 pm 

I started the weekend early by going to the Butterfly show at my local Krohn Conservatory. It was too crowded and I don't think my pictures will be very good. One landed on my hand but I couldn't get to my camera to take it. I finally decided to just do a recording of it because the prettiest blue butterflys would never sit still.

This afternoon I'm going to make a black raspberry cobbler. I've been picking raspberries for the past two weeks. So far I've got about 8-10 cups. Amazing because my raspberry patch is very small. I fell in the middle of it and hit concrete with my shin so I now have a bruise that extends from my knee to my ankle and plenty of scratches. In the process I dropped about a cup of berries which made me furious!!!! So I will enjoy this cobbler very much this evening (to celebrate DS's engagement).

For reading, after much pushing from my brother I finally started The Killing Floor by Lee Child. I loved the Jack Reacher movie so I thought I'd give it a shot. I can't put it down so now I'm going to have to read all of his books -- it will probably take me the rest of the year LOL. When I finish Killing Floor, I'm going to start a reread, something I rarely do. I want to reread The Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. The third book is out mid July and I need to remember it. Also the second book, Shadow of Night. Both excellent books.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:00 pm 

Hi Ladies just finished reading Johanna Lindsey's Stormy Persuasion and starting Kat Martin's Against the Wild no plans for the Weekend hope you have a great one 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:23 pm 

Hi all.
Nothing big planned for the weekend because everyone is out of town again. So hope to start The Collector by Nora Roberts. After reading all the good things about M. J. Putney, I am going to have to get one of her books to read.
I am still in a wonderful place because my kitchen at the Senior Center passed the State Inspection. I was scared silly because this was the first one for me. My chef had it covered though, and the inspector looked all of ten years old!!! Only needed one thing... a paper towel rack near our 3rd sink for my chef to wash her hands and dry her hands instead of going into the other room to wash.
Did that 10 minutes after he left. Everyone was happy for me and you could tell I was in a great mood!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:53 pm 

I'm still reading Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh. My reading time has been limited with too many other obligations.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:17 pm 

maryem wrote:
I am reading The Accident by Linwood Barclay good read so far half way though the book.Has anybody read this books please give comments.

I read The Accident a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. This is my first book by this author but won't be my last. His writing very much reminded me of Harlan Coben.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:21 pm 

Weather was beautiful today. I finally mowed my swamp (yard) when I got home from work. We've been having so much rain in the evenings, I haven't had a chance.

I'm planning on going with friends to see Jersey Boys (movie) tomorrow. I can't wait. We saw the show on Broadway last year and loved it.

This week I read Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. It's a love story involving a zombie and a human. It's told from the zombies point of view. It took me a while to get into it, but I ended up liking it.

Now I'm reading Seduction by Design by Sandra Brown. Wow, it that book dated. The hero's attitude is so over the top that it almost reads like a comedy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:15 am 

Robin in PA wrote:
This week I read Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. It's a love story involving a zombie and a human. It's told from the zombies point of view. It took me a while to get into it, but I ended up liking it.

Was the movie based on that book? I loved the movie. I think I've watched it 4 or 5 times -- at least the ending.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:54 am 

Janie wrote:
Danielle, I have haunted every book outlet in this town since 6-03-14 for The Accidental Duchess, none of them have come through for me. This morning I even went to the Barnes & Noble site to double check that Amazon had the correct release date, they both said the same.

Right now listening to The Collector by Nora Roberts and so far Julia Whelan is doing a fine job with her narration. Story is good also, can't wait to find out what the brother and his girlfriend were into.

When my ears need a rest :lol: I've just started FaceOff the thriller anthology that teams up various popular characters by a few of my favorite authors. For this time in my hectic life the short stories are just right. David Baldacci is the Editor and it's under his name the book is located at my Library, if anyone needs to know.

--Janie

Me, too Janie. I will keep going to Half Price in hopes to see it there. Now I am on a quest to find The Accidental Duchess!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:36 pm 

This week I read Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt and Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas. I wanted both of them to have longer endings but they were both good. I look forward to Elizabeth Hoyt's new romance starring Apollo in October, Darling Beast.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:21 pm 

Kay, you have just read two of my all time favorite books. Makes me want to do re-reads on both :) of them.

I am reading IN LOVE WITH A WICKED MAN another very good book by Liz Caryle. Her characters are so likable in her stories. Plus her minor characters are always interesting.

It is Hot, hot, hot here 8) temps hovering around 100 degrees. Thanks goodness for A/C.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:14 pm 

Kay wrote:
This week I read Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt and Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas. I wanted both of them to have longer endings but they were both good. I look forward to Elizabeth Hoyt's new romance starring Apollo in October, Darling Beast.

I love those books that you read...I'm looking forward to Apollo's story also.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:52 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
Robin in PA wrote:

Was the movie based on that book? I loved the movie. I think I've watched it 4 or 5 times -- at least the ending.

Yes, the movie was based on the book and sticks to the book very well. Actually, I liked the movie a little better because it seemed to move faster. There were some portions of the book that I ended up skimming, but it was good overall.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:31 pm 

I had a 4 day weekend - but didn't seem to get alot of reading done. I finished off Ilona Andrews ON THE EDGE which is the first in her "Edge" series and sadly, it will be the last in the series I read. The book had potential but turned out just so-so for me. Does not inspire me to continue reading the series (only 4 books long).

I loved on to the next in the "Sensor" series by Susan Illene, DARKNESS DIVIDES and I am enjoying it.

I don't know where I will go from there - I which Patricia Briggs would write the Mercy Thompson series faster and Ilona Andrews would write the Kate Daniels series faster - LOL those are my two favorite series right at the moment!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:14 pm 

It's been a quiet weekend for me. I did take advantage of the beautiful weather we've been having in NY this weekend. The only thing I did was go to Tanger outlet in Deer Park, LI. I've been to the one in Riverhead many times, but my friend wanted to go there. I honestly prefer the one in Riverhead. Most of the stores in Deer Park weren't even really outlets. They were regular stores. I did get a few good deals, but nothing like Riverhead. I think I'll head out there soon.

I had a good reading week. I read yet another new to me author. I read Take Me by Bella Andre. I really like it. I don't usually go for contemporaries, but I was just drawn in to the story. It combined two plot lines I like: a less than perfect h(she was plus- sized) and unrequited love. After that I read Tempted by the Night by Elizabeth Boyle. I also have been rereading again. I read:
Wild-Margo Maguire
A Lady's Pleasure and Revenge Wears Rubies- Renee Bernard
Duke of Sin- Adele Ashworth

I don't feel like reading the few new books on my TBR pile, so I'll continue to do rereads. But I think that I'll pick books that I haven't read in a long time. I did that with Margo Maguire and Adele Ashworth and forgot how much I like those books.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:49 pm 

Robin in PA wrote:
Weather was beautiful today. I finally mowed my swamp (yard) when I got home from work. We've been having so much rain in the evenings, I haven't had a chance.

I'm planning on going with friends to see Jersey Boys (movie) tomorrow. I can't wait. We saw the show on Broadway last year and loved it.

Now I'm reading Seduction by Design by Sandra Brown. Wow, it that book dated. The hero's attitude is so over the top that it almost reads like a comedy.

I saw The Jersey Boys musical a few years ago and I plan to see the movie.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.