Post subject: The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:10 pm 

I enjoyed this series except for the last book which was problematic for a number of reasons. If you enjoyed Hunger Games, this is another apocalyptic series but darker IMHO. Divergent I enjoyed a lot, Insurgent not as much and Allegiant I wanted to throw out the window. The movie Divergent was really good and I'm looking forward to the Insurgent. Allegiant I won't see at all unless they do some bigtime editing. The book went from the heroine's perspective to the hero's, back and forth until the end which I hated. Honestly, I think she could have just ended it after Insurgent.

Benjamin Franklin

Post subject: Re: The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:04 pm 

I totally agree with you Linda7849!! I struggled with Allegiant. A friend who read it after me didn't even pick up that the chapters were in different perspectives until she was talking to me about how confused she was in the fourth chapter (I think) and when I told her she was reading Four's perspective she said she'd have to start the book again so she could get things in order.

Also, don't even get me started with that ending! :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:07 pm 

Not a huge fan of this series. I did like the first book, skipped huge portions of the second book, and didn't read the third book at all. (I know how it ends -- confirmation that my decision not to read it was the right one.)

I have no idea how they'll make a movie of the third book.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:57 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
I enjoyed this series except for the last book which was problematic for a number of reasons. If you enjoyed Hunger Games, this is another apocalyptic series but darker IMHO. Divergent I enjoyed a lot, Insurgent not as much and Allegiant I wanted to throw out the window. The movie Divergent was really good and I'm looking forward to the Insurgent. Allegiant I won't see at all unless they do some bigtime editing. The book went from the heroine's perspective to the hero's, back and forth until the end which I hated. Honestly, I think she could have just ended it after Insurgent.

Completely agree!!! I hated the last book, I couldn't believe it ended the way it did.....I'll watch the first movie and maybe the second but I don't know what they are going to do with the third.