Post subject: Weekend Reading May 16-18
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:23 am 

Happy Friday!!!!

Well believe it or not we have a rain/snow in our forecast today. On Monday we had the air on and the rest of the week....the heat came back on.

We have a nice lazy weekend -- just the usual grocery shopping, cleaning and reading.

I had a wonderful week for reading...loved loved loved the new Julie James book...It Happened One Wedding. I'm currently reading Hell For Leather by Julie Anne Walker so far it is not disappointing me. Up next Risky Game by Tracey Soldheim.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Have a wonderful weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading May 16-18
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:33 pm 

Just took my car to get inspected. Needs lots of work, but most of it was expected. I'm hoping it holds out another year.

Been having a hard time finding time to read. This week I finished Striking Distance by Pamela Clare. (Good book) Now I'm reading Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die by Nancy Martin. It's part of her Blackbird Sisters Mystery series. I think these books get better as the series goes on.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:32 pm 

What a coincidence!

This week I read the Julie James book too! I love her Lawyer/FBI series set in Chicago and this one didn't disappoint either!

I'm currently reading Striking Distance by Pamela Clare as I sit in the hospital waiting for my husband who is here for outpatient surgery. It has been on my iPad for a while. I'm enjoying it so I don't know why I've waited so long to read it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:51 pm 

Dani - So far I've loved every one of Pamela Clare's I-team books.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:38 pm 

Hi everyone.
Just got back for a little cheese/fruit/cupcake party down at Andrew Bayne Library. It is the 100 year celebration of the library being open. Tomorrow is filled with lots of fun things to do for adults and kids alike. I am just taking registration for a costume contest and then I get to run around and have some fun. I wasn't going to volunteer for this, but was guilted into doing it and now I am glad I was a part of it. I think that is my MO....don't want to get involved, Italian guilt kicks in and I say yes, then I have a great time.

I am on the 2nd book in the Faces Of Evil series by Debra Webb. It is Impulse. A continuation of the secondary story from book one. I am a sucker for serial killer stories. What can I say?
Hope everyone has a good weekend and can get into some good reading time.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:53 pm 

I'm reading Live to See Tomorrow by Iris Johansen and loving it. It has a bunch of woo woo stuff in it that some won't like but for me it's great. After I finish that I'm probably going to give Midnight Crossroads by Charlaine Harris a try. Can't promise I'll finish it but we'll see if I like it as well as the Sookie series.

I have no plans, thank heaven. Cinci Italia festival this weekend which I may go to if it isn't too cold. It's supposed to be 39 tomorrow morning and I certainly don't want to sit outside and eat in that. I intend to sleep in late and maybe spend the morning in bed reading.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:25 pm 

Hello Ladies, I am currently reading IN WANT OF A WIFE by Jo Goodman. It is a very good book. Her last one didn't do it for me. We have cousins visiting from NYC and DC this weekend. We have a lot of activities planned and looking forward to a great time :lol: They all met up at the Atlanta airport and driving here in a rental car.

It was in the 90's last week and last night it was 48 degrees Crazy weather.

Happy reading everyone

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:40 am 

For those of you who mentioned Pamela Clare, she was just diagnosed with breast cancer. If you are on FB, you can certainly send her a message, and follow her posts on how things are going. She is amazing, and I love all of her books too.

Well, I am still on Nora's The Collector. I have had a major, down for the count blow up of my Fibromyalgia, and it's gardening time! :cry: They started my on Cymbalta, so am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this will be THE drug that finally gets me back to normal.

I work outside a little each day, because if the sun shines, and it has largely been absent for days on end - I have to go out and do something! But believe me, I am learning to pace myself. When I rest I have been in knitting mode, so the reading has fallen off this month. I love Nora's new book, but in between doctor appointments and such, I have it on the back burner for now. I have to finish it as about 12 new books are sitting here calling my name!

Everyone have a great weekend, and I hope the weather where ever you may be turns around and spring makes a full fledged arrival!

Wishing I was in NOLA at RT right now too!! :wink:

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:27 pm 

My reading this week has been practically nothing. My mother has had 15 radiation treatments for cancer and they made her nauseated and fatigued. So she didn't eat or drink much and became dehydrated. My sister and I brought her to the hospital on Monday where she became worse with a temp of 103 on Wednesday evening. She was placed in ICU and today moved out of there.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:25 am 

Happy Weekend all - wish I was at NOLA too. Wanted to go but aside from the tough year we've had, I totally forgot it fell during swim season. We had our first meet Saturday. It's a melancholy season for me. It's Robert's last year...but I'm really proud of him because even though he's not the "star" anymore (he isn't training or anything anymore), he's really embracing being the "old man on the team", which he is! He's the oldest and longest termed swimmer this year. All the kids look up to him. It's pretty cool. Garrett is going to have a stellar season, I can tell. Moving onto the high school swim team this past year has really improved his skills and speed. Our team won our first meet yesterday and Robert's 15-18 Medley Relay broke their pool and team record AGAIN. They broke it 2 season's ago, after it standing for 25 years.

As for me, it wore me out. :oops: Getting old I guess! And Dani - talk about being cold! It was the coldest morning at swim team I could ever remember, and we've been doing it for 13 years!! It was freaking cold!!! This year's weather has been so strange.

Anyway, still not reading much, although I did finish It's Always Been You by Victoria Dahl, which I really enjoyed. I don't think I had read a historical in quite a while. We're going to the pool this afternoon after church and I'll probably read some of the magazines that have piled up.

But because the movie The Shining has been running on cable recently, I decided that I'm going to start it this week. So my next book will be The Shining by Stephen King.

Have a great weekend ladies!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:33 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
I'm reading Live to See Tomorrow by Iris Johansen and loving it. It has a bunch of woo woo stuff in it that some won't like but for me it's great.

Linda, as you know I'm not a fan of the woo-woo. LOL The mental telepathy didn't bother me as much as some paranormal usually does, however.

Took me eight days to read it and my rating is (B Hot+) ... liked Cameron better than Catherine in this reading. Could barely tolerate her son whose name escapes me at the moment and his rebellious ways. Too Stupid to Live could have been his middle name in this book.

I thought Catherine and John Gallo were an item and expecting more books with them but guess not. But I must admit here that I only read the first book of the previous "Eve Woo-Woo Trilogy" so not aware of relationship changes that may have occurred there.

Also, I thought Cameron and Jane were involved, but again guess not. I'm feeling like I need a scorecard to keep up.

Today I finished "Otherwise Engaged" by Amanda Quick (4/14) courtesy of the Library. It was a (B- Warm) for me.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:44 am 

Hi I'm reading The Night is Forever by Heather Graham and it's a good one have a good day :D