Post subject: Weekend Reading April 25-27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:25 am 

Hello Everyone!!!!!!

Kyle thank you so much for starting the Weekend Reading thread!

I had a wonderful time in Florida and I have to admit that my little great-niece has a mind of her own especially when it comes to clothes!

I was looking forward to seeing Teri P again this weekend but because of a death in my family I had to cancel attending Barbara Vey's Reader Luncheon. Lynn and Teri have a good time. Tonight and tomorrow I will be with family that I haven't seen in awhile and Sunday will be spent running around doing errands.

I didn't get to much reading in but I'm almost done reading The Wicked Widow Meets Her Match by Stefanie Sloane. I have no idea what I want to read after I finish this book.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading April 25-27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:44 pm 

Danielle, glad you enjoyed your trip to Florida and visiting family.

I had a productive reading week which included all new authors to me. Read Far Gone by Laura Griffin, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I have heard of the author, Lindsay McKenna, and her military novels, and decided to read one. As soon as I finished Risk Taker, I started Degree of Risk, which continues the first book. Really enjoying the story.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:57 pm 

Dani wrote:
Danielle, glad you enjoyed your trip to Florida and visiting family.

I had a productive reading week which included all new authors to me. Read Far Gone by Laura Griffin, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I have heard of the author, Lindsay McKenna, and her military novels, and decided to read one. As soon as I finished Risk Taker, I started Degree of Risk, which continues the first book. Really enjoying the story.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

dani

Thanks Dani,

I have some Lindsay McKenna books but I've never read her. I'll have to check her out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:36 pm 

I'm finishing up Night Divers by Elizabeth Lowell -- I'm really enjoying it. I was worried because the reviews on Amazon were very mixed. This one is sexier than her recent novels. After that I'll probably start Nora Roberts' The Collector.

I have no plans for the weekend except laundry. I have so much piled up. I hope the sun shines -- I work so much better when the sun is shining.

Have a great weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:59 pm 

Tomorrow I'm setting up to sell some of my crochet items at Spring Festival sponsored by my local public library.

I'm reading and rocking with Olivia Cunning's Double Time.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:09 pm 

Happy weekend everyone!

Dani, you're most welcome! I missed you last week but enjoyed seeing pictures of you on your trip on Facebook.

I don't know why but I've just come to a grinding halt with reading. I guess since I've started working at my new job I'm just too tired and braindead to read. The last book I finished was Dash of Peril by Lori Foster. This weekend I don't have much on my plate for once so I'm thinking about starting something new but I just can't decide what. I'm considering several things. I guess I'll get off the net and start figuring it out!

Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:10 am 

Not many plans for this weekend. It's supposed to rain pretty heavily Saturday. It'll be gone by Sunday, which is a good thing. I'm going to see the NY Mets play at Citi Field. It's only supposed to be 61 degrees, but since my seats are on the top I'll have to bundle up a little.

I had a good reading week. I finished the TWENTY FOURTEEN reading challenge by reading a trilogy: The Runaway Brides by Celeste Bradley. I also read a new to me author, Susanna Ives. The book I read was Wicked Little Secrets. The overall story was good. I just wish it had more heat. The H is supposed to be this big rake so it didn't really match up.
But the next book I read had plenty of heat, Her Prodigal Passion by Grace Callaway. Again, the H is a big rake. But the heat level matched up. I really enjoyed reading this book. It was the last installment of Callaway's Mayhem in Mayfair series. My favorite was the first in the series Her Husband's Harlot. It was definitely a good series and I would recommend it to others.
I'm not sure what I'm going to read next. Maybe I'll do a reread of Elizabeth Hoyt. Until Tuesday, I have nothing new to read. Oh well.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:49 am 

I ended up starting a new trilogy by J R Rain and Elizabeth Basque called Walking Plague. Book 1 is called Zombie Patrol. I'm hoping to clear my palate a little with some different genre reading.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:24 pm 

Am currently reading Otherwise Engaged by Amanda Quick and enjoying it a little too much. Started reading it last night and it was 2 am before I knew it :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:31 pm 

Hi everyone.
Dani, so glad you enjoyed your vacation. Pictures were great.
Kylebemac, I know you are probably dragging butt getting started in your new job. It will take a month or two for it all to kick in and you can start relaxing once you have an idea what you are doing new. At least that is how long it takes me to get it all situated in my head.

I was thinking of not getting my hair highlighted any more and let it go natural. It really is a big cost $90. every 3 months. Then the other night at a girls dinner with my granddaughter, she asked me if I could look more like a grandma and have normal brown hair. Knocked my socks off. So I started pointing out all these older ladies and said… like her??? or like her???? Of course she changed the subject after she saw how startled I was that she didn't think I looked like a grandma. Oh well, we shall see what I look like with "normal" hair.

Had Muddy Cup book club today. We read Margot by Jillian Cantor. It is a fictional book about Anne Franks older sister Margot. Neither of their bodies were ever found, and this author wrote a really great story that had us discussing it for over and hour. Next month will be a P. D. James book. Can't remember the name. I picked up The Wife, The Maid, and the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon. I started it before and figured I better get it back to the library, so I am 1/3 way through it and like it.

Went to a 31 Purse party at Sharyn's house and ended up getting a new summer purse. Just what I need. Right? Oh well, I will use it all summer . Will take a pic of it once I get it and put it on Facebook. Their stuff is really nice.

Ok, all, have a great weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:20 am 

Hi All,

Hope your weekend has been going good.

Courtesy of the Library, am in the midst of reading the romantic suspense...

Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell (4/14).

Have to say that all the mental lusting going on is getting on my last nerve... both Kate and Holden for each other.

Looking forward to reading The Collector by Nora Roberts (4/14) but my Library hasn't gotten it in yet. I saw a copy at the grocery store last week and read the synopsis, sounds promising.

Happy Reading and Happy Living.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:43 am 

I have to admit that I really liked Lowell's Night Diver. It was a lot hotter than her recent books, plus I think she does a great job with her antiquities./sea hunt type of stories.

I am halfway through with Nora's The Collector, and really liking it. Got home from my weekend away and have not had time to pick it up again. Maybe in a few days!

Barbara Vey's was really good. She added several authors so she could accommodate a larger crowd of readers. I sat with Cindy Dees, who is a new to me author. I loved her, and the books she gave me look awesome. Romantic/military suspense, my favorite genre. Met Sharon Sala, Sylvia Day, Debbie Macomber (key note speaker and so funny), Duffy Brown, Adrienne Giordano, Lori Handeland, Christie Craig, Eloisa James, Marjorie Liu, Erin McCarthy, SEP, Julie Ann Walker - all authors I have read and enjoyed. It's very laid back, so you really get time to see and talk to all of the authors. I will definitely go back if she has this next year! Sorry Dani could not make it as we had a great time! We will make up for it at Lori Foster's in June! :mrgreen:

My friend Sue who went along to Milwaukee says we are going to RT in Dallas in 2015 - although I wish I were going to NOLA in a few weeks. :cry:

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717