Post subject: Weekend Reading April 18-20
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:43 pm 

Happy Easter all! I know Dani is in Florida and since this is like the FIRST CHANCE I've had to come here in ages, I wanted to say hi and thought I would start the thread. Hopefully I'm not starting a duplicate thread...but I didn't see one!! :D

Hope everyone is well. Things are good here. Been on my job for 3 weeks and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting it. I'll be able to start working from home again 2 or 3 days a week again by June.

Robert has decided he doesn't think he really wants to go to UHCL anymore so he's made application as University of Houston and Texas State. I would frankly prefer he go to either of those and live in a dorm...so we'll see how that goes.

We're having lunch with my family on Sunday and then headed to the bay Sunday afternoon to put the boat in for a while. Hopefully the weather holds up.

I'm reading Dash of Peril by Lori Foster. I feel like I've been reading it for about 2 weeks and I probably have been. I've been so busy I haven't had much time for reading. I think I'll finish it tonight, and then I plan to start The King. I'm holding off reading Linda's comments on the Spoiler Board so I need to read it quick so I can go join in that discussion.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter Weekend!

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading April 18-20
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:54 pm 

I just downloaded To Love a Thief by Julia Ann long on my kindle, looks like a fun read so I'll start that tonight.
I've unpacked most of my office and even managed to put together a new desk this week (quite proud of myself for that!) so I have room to spread out and no more excuses for not getting back down to work! :D I'm too old for all this moving.
We'll probably take a drive and explore our new area a bit, hubby wants to check out a Mexican food restaurant downtown too.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Happy Easter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:29 am 

Hopefully, the weather will hold for tomorrow. It's supposed to be beautiful. We're going to The Easter Vigil tonight. I've never been to the Holy Saturday/Easter Vigil and I think it's about time LOL. Unfortunately, it's long which is why I've never done it before. I'll be able to sleep in tomorrow morning though! I went to the Holy Thursday rite for the first time this week and really enjoyed it. People getting their feet washed and all. Interesting -- I'm glad it wasn't me because I need a pedicure really badly LOL.

I started Come Back to Me by Brenda Novak which I'm enjoying. After that it will be Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell. And then The Collector by Nora Roberts. I feel like I'm rushing but all the books are library books so I have a limited time to read them. They're all new and have wait lists so I can't renew them. For ebooks, they just disappear on my Kindle when the due date comes around.

For our Easter celebration, we're going to my SIL's house for brunch. An Easter egg hunt for the little ones. I'm bringing coffee cakes and I hope they eat them all. I'm hoping to join weight watchers next week and I don't want to have any temptations in my house. I'm very weak!

Happy Easter to my Christian friends. I know Passover was this past week and for any Jewish friends, I hope you enjoyed your celebration.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:45 am 

Linda FYI it is still Passover. Though the seder dinners are only the first 2 nights, the holiday itself lasts 8 days.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:31 am 

Miranda731 wrote:
Linda FYI it is still Passover. Though the seder dinners are only the first 2 nights, the holiday itself lasts 8 days.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:23 pm 

Linda, I'm still doing WW and I've lost 2.4 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Now that I'm getting more comfortable with my job, I'm starting to get back in the groove with working out too.

I thought I was going to start The King but I just realized I have about NINE magazines stacked up that I need to read or throw out. And they go from March to May so I need to start with the oldest first. I'm about to go get a pedi too!! I need one badly myself. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:09 pm 

Hi everyone. Happy Easter weekend!

Not much reading will probably be done this weekend though I hope to start "Do or Die" by Suzanne Brockmann soon.

Easter plans will be church (Christ lives!) then a brunch with the family. We'll be celebrating Jesus' resurrection, my sons 21st birthday, DD engagement and my anniversary. (31yrs) Whew!

My DD got engaged this past week. (Lunar eclipse Tuesday) So we're (all of us) engaged!

Have a Blessed Easter. God is good!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:27 am 

Cigi004 wrote:
Hi everyone. Happy Easter weekend!

Not much reading will probably be done this weekend though I hope to start "Do or Die" by Suzanne Brockmann soon.

Easter plans will be church (Christ lives!) then a brunch with the family. We'll be celebrating Jesus' resurrection, my sons 21st birthday, DD engagement and my anniversary. (31yrs) Whew!

My DD got engaged this past week. (Lunar eclipse Tuesday) So we're (all of us) engaged!

Have a Blessed Easter. God is good!

Congratulations to you all! And amen! He is risen indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:23 pm 

Happy Easter Everyone - CHRIST IS RISEN.....HE IS RISEN INDEED!! I just love being able to say that. :mrgreen: I went to our Maunday Thursday service, our Good Friday Tenenbrea service and then our Easter service on Sunday - I have been truly bless this weekend. :mrgreen:

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful time with friends and family and you were able to sqeeze just a little reading in at some point through the weekend.

I am on the last of the Mercy Thompson books (so far) and I have loved them all - there's just something about the way they are written - very enjoyable for me. :mrgreen:

I'll start Patricia Briggs Alpha and Omega series next - which is an off-shoot of the Mercy Thompson series.

Also listening to Birthrite by Nora Roberts on my daily commute - that one will be finished tomorrow, so I need to figure out what I will be listening to next. :D

Wishing you all a terrific week coming up - happy reading. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:51 pm 

Late to the party, as usual but had to work nights over the weekend and that really messes up my sleep schedule - along with pretty much everything else!

Finished Elizabeth Lowell's latest, Night Diver and thought it was excellent. Much like the EL of days gone by, with some hot sex and a very suspenseful plot. Then I picked up Nora's new book and am hard pressed to put it down. So this week's reading is off to a very good start!

Looks to be a good reading week for me, along with a trip coming up on Friday to Milwaukee for Barbara Vey's luncheon and author/reader get together. Too bad Dani won't be able to make it, but friend Lynn will be there and it should be a lot of fun.

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:43 pm 

I'm reading something and right now I don't remember what it is. I'm that tired!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:58 pm 

Teri P wrote:
Late to the party, as usual but had to work nights over the weekend and that really messes up my sleep schedule - along with pretty much everything else!

Finished Elizabeth Lowell's latest, Night Diver and thought it was excellent. Much like the EL of days gone by, with some hot sex and a very suspenseful plot. Then I picked up Nora's new book and am hard pressed to put it down. So this week's reading is off to a very good start!

Looks to be a good reading week for me, along with a trip coming up on Friday to Milwaukee for Barbara Vey's luncheon and author/reader get together. Too bad Dani won't be able to make it, but friend Lynn will be there and it should be a lot of fun.

Teri - that really makes me want to read Night Diver.