Post subject: Weekend Reading April 4-6
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:18 am 

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

We have a quiet weekend....YES! I have to get my clothes together for our trip to Florida.

I had a good week for reading finished reading the new Julie Anne Long book and the new Julianna Stone book....I have to admit that the hero in Julianna Stone book The Day He Kissed Her was not likeable to me. I'm going to start One Night with a Earl by Jennifer Haymore.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading April 4-6
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:20 pm 

Tomorrow I'm going with a friend to see Wicked for the third time in Nashville. We also plan to eat at Joe's Crab Shack.

My mom was supposed to start radiation today but the doctor's office called to tell her she needs to have a PET Scan on Monday.

Reading has been slow as I've been on the run every day this week. I'm reading Beyond Jealousy by Kit Rocha.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 pm 

I am currently reading Divergent and it is strange-good. I don't know how else to describe it. Kind of Hunger Game-ish but darker. I'm about three-quarters through and then I have to decide between Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts and The King by J. R. Ward. NO CONTEST!!!! The King wins by a landslide. I can't believe I got it from the library this fast. This book is huge. The reviews on Amazon are diverse -- I usually read the bad ones -- with people saying this series should end. I still like it and hope I love this one.

This weekend, I'm going to visit my favorite orchard which closed a couple of years ago. They are selling frozen cider and I'm going to stock up. Then DH and I are going to an oldfashioned restaurant for lunch. I hope we have decent weather -- by decent I mean no rain. I hate drab days.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:31 pm 

ameliad wrote:
Tomorrow I'm going with a friend to see Wicked for the third time in Nashville. We also plan to eat at Joe's Crab Shack.

My mom was supposed to start radiation today but the doctor's office called to tell her she needs to have a PET Scan on Monday.

Reading has been slow as I've been on the run every day this week. I'm reading Beyond Jealousy by Kit Rocha.

That sounds like a great weekend you have planned, ameliad! I loooooove Wicked!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:09 pm 

Having a quiet and cold weekend (temperatures are still below normal for this time). Over half way through the C E Murphy Walker Paper series. Reading them back to back.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:54 pm 

ameliad---I saw Wicked in NYC and totally fell in love! I wish I had time to see it here in my hometown Nashville. Enjoy!

Busy weekend. Finishing up with work today. Tomorrow, Hubby and I will travel to Mississippi to hand over our dog to our youngest son to keep while we are in San Antonio. Sun, we will be packing up for San Antonio. We leave Monday morning.

Looking forward to Game of Thrones Sunday night...so thrilled! I am going to down load The King and read it while on trip to San Antonio.

Have a fun weekend everyone---stay safe!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:15 pm 

Ameliad - Wicked is one of my favorite shows. And Joe's Crab Shack sounds delicious. Have fun!

This week I read a novella by Jeaniene Frost called Happily Never After. It was cute but way too short. Then I plodded my way through The Seduction of Elliot McBride by Jennifer Ashley. I've liked the other books in the series, but this one really dragged.

Up next is The King by J.R. Ward. It arrived in yesterday's mail and I'm planning on reading all weekend. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:05 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
ameliad---I saw Wicked in NYC and totally fell in love! I wish I had time to see it here in my hometown Nashville. Enjoy!

Busy weekend. Finishing up with work today. Tomorrow, Hubby and I will travel to Mississippi to hand over our dog to our youngest son to keep while we are in San Antonio. Sun, we will be packing up for San Antonio. We leave Monday morning.

Looking forward to Game of Thrones Sunday night...so thrilled! I am going to down load The King and read it while on trip to San Antonio.

Eaglegirl~ I had a chance to see "Wicked" in NYC years ago & loved it too! Nothing compares to a Broadway production.

Do you by any chance listen to KLOVE a Christian Music radio station in TN? I've been so envious of folks who live near or in Nashville because they'll be having their 2nd annual KLOVE Fan Awards with so many awesome Christian artist performing.
What a blessing for all who get to attend. It's happening the end of May.

Ameliad~ Enjoy your 3rd time seeing "Wicked". Very cool!

Danielle~ Have fun in Florida! When do you leave?

I hope to start reading "Storm Front" by John Sandford. I'm so behind with this author that his latest book maybe out already.
Can't pass up this Virgil Flowers novel.

Have a nice weekend folks! Happy reading. :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:15 am 

Hi, everyone. Yay....... can we all say weekend! I plan on just enjoying it.. rainy today but nice tomorrow and Sunday.
Nothing exciting happening around here. I have told myself the next time I pick up a Danielle Steele book... to knock myself in the head with it. I read Forever Friends and people just kept dying. I am done... too doomy for me. Then I had a book some lady from the Bingo gave me...The Girl With The Crooked Nose. It is a true story about a guy who does what Eve Duncan does... reconstructs faces from the skull. His reconstructions have helped find out the identity of some of the victims. I kept on going back to the pictures to see how much they resembled the real person and was amazed. It was a little bit too technical for me but at least I can say I read it to the lady who gave it to me. The girl with the crooked nose was a victim from Mexico..a lot of his work was shown on American Most Wanted tv show.
I think I am going to find something light and fluffy to read now. I need it!

All of you going on trips, stay safe and have fun.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:03 pm 

Cigi004 wrote:
EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:

Eaglegirl~ I had a chance to see "Wicked" in NYC years ago & loved it too! Nothing compares to a Broadway production.

Do you by any chance listen to KLOVE a Christian Music radio station in TN? I've been so envious of folks who live near or in Nashville because they'll be having their 2nd annual KLOVE Fan Awards with so many awesome Christian artist performing.
What a blessing for all who get to attend. It's happening the end of May.

Ameliad~ Enjoy your 3rd time seeing "Wicked". Very cool!

Danielle~ Have fun in Florida! When do you leave?

I hope to start reading "Storm Front" by John Sandford. I'm so behind with this author that his latest book maybe out already.
Can't pass up this Virgil Flowers novel.

Have a nice weekend folks! Happy reading. :D

I told the man sitting next to me that it was my third time to see Wicked and he asked me if I had to see it again to find out if it was as good as I remember.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:25 am 

ameliad---I wonder if Wicked in Nashville was as good as the one I saw in NYC....probably not...there is something about seeing it for the first time on Broadway in NYC that's magical :) I think it runs until Apr 20, so I may have time to check it out if it is good.

Cigi---I don't know anything about KLOVE...it sounds interesting. I listen to WAY FM and THE FISH...all really good Christian music stations.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:53 pm 

Happy weekend ladies! Finished my first week at work. Reading Dash of Peril by Lori Foster. Lots to say but too tired to do more. Hope you're all good.