Post subject: Weekend Reading Mar. 28 -30
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:46 am 

Sorry I'm posting this so late!!!

Happy last weekend of March.....our weather still feels like winter. Hopefully the weather will begin to warm up next week.

Busy weekend.....tomorrow we have a dentist appointment and shopping and Sunday I'm hosting our card game. Hubby is home today so I may drag him out of the house and have him take me out to lunch!

I read the latest Marie Force's book --- Fatal Jeopardy...love Sam and Nick and I'm currently reading the new Julie Anne Long book...Between The Devil and Ian Eversea.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Mar. 28 -30
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:47 am 

Although the weekend is starting off raining, the temps are wonderful. Finally spring has come!

Moving van is coming tomorrow to move my son's things. We are back to being empty nesters. It is bittersweet. I like getting back to a routine but I know I will miss my son being around. We will be traveling to San Antonio in a week or two to set up house for him while he is working in Houston.

Working in my pitiful garden on Sunday..it has been so neglected. I hope that my lettuce has survived the snow and cold temps!

I am starting on Kristen Ashley's Chaos series with Own the Wind.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 am 

Rain today! Weekend should be nice though.

I'm reading Melting the Ice by Jaci Burton. So far it's good and I usually enjoy her Play-by-Play series books.

Has anyone read a book that really stands out? Most of the books I've read lately are "good" but not excellent or thought provoking. I'm looking for a books like that. Any suggestions?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:02 pm 

There's not much going on around here. It's going to be a rainy weekend :( At least the temps will be in the 50s. Next week we finally get into the 60s. We're getting closer to flip flop weather :D

I only have plans for Saturday. My bride-to-be friend and the other two bridesmaids are coming over so my mom can measure us for our bridesmaid dresses. Then we just plan on hanging out and eating.

I did have a slow week for reading. I only managed to read Stephanie Laurens' Devil's Bride and A Rake's Vow . It's the 2-n-1 hardcover edition and at over 700 pages, it was hard to read. I hate small print. Although I can read 2 separate books totaling that amount quickly. Go figure. Anyway, right now I'm reading a new to me author, Stefanie Sloane. The book is The Sinner Who Seduced Me. I'm liking it so far. After that I'm either going to dive back into the world of the Cynsters or start Julie Anne Long's latest.

Have a great weekend, everyone :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:30 pm 

Happy weekend girls! And this is it. My last day of work on my job where I've been for almost 7 years!!

I've been busy, dealing with lots of things. Haven't read anything since I finished Maya Banks' Pregnancy and Passion series. I'm thinking that I'm going to start Dash of Peril by Lori Foster today. Have a great weekend ladies!

Oh and yay! It's flip flop weather here now. Getting my hair and toes done this weekend so I'm prettied up for my new job Monday. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:10 pm 

I just finished Missing You by Harlan Coben -- it was incredible. I'm just sorry it's over. Now I'm beginning The Chance by Robyn Carr (at least I think that's the title).

I have no plans for the weekend but MONDAY IS OPENING DAY FOR THE CINCINNATI REDS! Hope springs eternal on opening day. I'm not going to the parade or the game but DS and his girlfriend are so DH and I will probably take them downtown to avoid having to find a parking place. So this weekend, I'll be getting my red on.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:54 pm 

I've been stuck on "Concealed In Death" by J.D. Robb for 2 weeks now so I hope to finish it finally this weekend. I don't know why I'm not caring for it.

Can't wait to get my Harlan Coben book from the Doubleday sale so thanks for the good praises Linda. I need a pick-me-up.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Kyle~ Best wishes on the new job. Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:47 pm 

I spent most of my week taking the parents to doctors. My mom had to have a procedure completed to starting radiation next week. We went to our women's care appt. yesterday and today my dad had to go to the doctor.

I'm reading Beyond Jealousy by Kit Rocha. Tomorrow I'm going with friend to Nashville to a women's show and I plan to enjoy. We purchased tickets from Groupon and got a 2 for 1 deal.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:20 am 

Hi everyone! Yep, I think Spring is trying to come. Sort of dreary today, though. Nothing much planned for the weekend except Muddy Cup Book Club tomorrow. We read Mary Higgins Clarks Where Are You Now. I just finished it and really enjoyed it. Will be a good discussion tomorrow, I think. First book club book I have enjoyed in a long time.
I am in a strange mood. I almost got broad sided Thursday, don't know what made me hesitate in making my turn, but sure glad I did because someone blew through the stop sign and would have hit me good. I don't know why I can't stop thinking what if... I have to just stop and turn the page and be glad that I am alive.

Kyle, good luck on your first day.... painted toes are a must for flip flops, at least that is what my sister and daughter seem to think....and though you won't be wearing them to work, I know that it is a mood booster to have them looking pretty.

Not sure what book I will be starting next... I just want to let the ending of the last book seep in and start something in a day or two.

Have a great weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:46 pm 

its' snowing :cry:

I discovered the Walker Papers by C E Murphy last week and am to book 5 already.

Really, really enjoying them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:10 pm 

OOhhh it's spring! We still have some snow piles around, but after tomorrow's 63 degrees, our yard should be empty of the darn white stuff! Yaaayyyyy I say! I'm doing a new rose garden this year, and have all my stuff on order, depending on our weather. So I am anxiously awaiting a week of nice weather to get out and become one with my gardens again.

So reading wise, I am still tryig to knock out the last of my Beverly Barton Books. This weekend it's Dead by Morning and another great addition to this series. One more book to go and I have read every book she has written. And you know what? I will miss her. Her books were so rich in everything Southern, that I assume she must have been quite the Southern Bell herself. Reading on of Ms. Barton's books made be feel in the spot, be it Savannah or any southern locale she chose for her stories.Taken from us way to soon.

Happy Spring to you all and April Fool's Day too!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:34 am 

Hello everyone. I finally feel well after suffering stomach upsets for over ten days. Wednesday I'm going to a new dr.- an internist.
I am reading Patterson's- NYPD Red2 and the first in Steve Berry'sCotton Malone mystery series- The Templar Legacy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:04 pm 

PauletteW wrote:
Kyle, good luck on your first day.... painted toes are a must for flip flops, at least that is what my sister and daughter seem to think....and though you won't be wearing them to work, I know that it is a mood booster to have them looking pretty.

No flip flops at the new job...but pretty much all my shoes are open toed!! Even my heels. :D