Post subject: Weekend Reading Mar. 21-23
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:51 am 

Happy Spring Everyone!!!!!!

I'm going to enjoy a nice quiet weekend....no plans at all!

I'm still reading and enjoying When The Marquess Met His Match by Laura Lee Guhrke and earlier this week I finished Nicholas by Emma Lang! Up next I have no idea.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Mar. 21-23
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:15 am 

Still trying to clear my iPad. I'm reading the last in the Linda Lael Miller"s Parable, Montana series, Big Sky Secrets. I've enjoyed this series and so far this book is good.

Having some guests this weekend so I'll be busy entertaining them. Also, I'll be watching NCAA basketball.

The weather is great today and tomorrow with rain on Sunday but I'm not complaining. So glad Spring has arrived! :D

Hope all of you have a great weekend!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:12 pm 

No plans for me other than to continue paddling around at the Y with my zoomers. Today is beautiful but Sunday will be back to cold. So I'm going out today to enjoy the 60+ weather.

I'm reading Scream for Me by Cynthia Eden. It's the 3rd book in her series and I like this one better than the last one. However, tomorrow I'm going to go to my brother's library branch and get one of his books out on hold. Missing You by Harlan Coben. My brother's in Hawaii and I'm going to read it before he comes home (with his permission). I can't wait to get started on it. He's my absolute favorite mystery writer.

Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. Fill your glass again, with a merry face and contented heart. Our life on it, but your Christmas shall be merry, and your new year a happy one! -- Dickens

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:21 pm 

Linda - Have fun with the Harlan Coben book! I haven't read that one yet, but it looks good.

This week I read The Girl Who Disappeared Twice by Andrea Kane. It's the first book in her Forensic Instincts series. Interesting book. I guessed who kidnapped the little girl, but not the circumstances behind it.

Now I'm reading The Temptation of Your Touch by Teresa Medeiros. It's a very slowly paced book. I'm 3/4 of the way through the book and they FINALLY kissed. Hope it picks up soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:14 pm 

I need to pick out something to read. I've been at the hospital with my mom today to get radiation treatment planned for her. I liked the doctor. He seems very compassionate and to have a good knowledge base. He did trip over the exam table when he returned to the room after leaving so my mom could get undressed. He was very embarrassed.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:34 pm 

A friend gave me Lisa Scottoline's newest book, Accused to read. Never read her before and had a hard time putting this one down! She has quite a backlist, so I will search out some more of the Rosato & Associates series. Just what I need - more books! :wink:

So, since I have been in the mood for some really good suspense books, I picked up Dead By Midnight, by Beverly Barton. I have her 3 last books to read, and had set them aside when she passed away. I am enjoying this one a great deal. The Dead By series is a good one.

Supposed to return to 20 degree weather tomorrow. It has been a much warmer week, and although there is still snow on the ground, we have melted a lot. I can't wait until it's all gone!

Everyone have a great weekend.

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:59 am 

Hello everyone.
Well it is supposed to be spring. What happened? Anyone who lives near me, smack me upside the head if I complain about the heat this summer, please. It may be worth the trip for some of you!

Ameliad, it is so important to like the doctor who is treating someone in your family. Prayers coming out to you and your mom.

Teri, I read a lot of Lisa Scottoline's stand alone books and some of her lawyer series. I met her at a library event and she is just the sweetest person alive. She brought everyone some sort of pastry that everyone seemed to know about and loved. She keeps you in suspense during all of her books with mysteries in them.

I am so exhausted from my late St. Patrick's Day Party, we called it the "Hangover" party. I had almost 40 people there and they all loved the entertainer.... a 6 ft. Jewish Leperchan or Lepercohan as he called himself. I booked him for Christmas, already! The food was great and I had some great baskets to give out and I am now ready for a relaxing weekend! I am going to try to post some pictures on facebook. May have to get Sharyn to help me.

I finished the books I was to be judging and sent in my ratings. They were all good and it was a difficult judge for me.

I am not sure what to pick up now, I have 2 bookclub books, but picked up a book called "The Wife, the Maid , the Mistress....not sure who it is by but it looked really good, so I just ordered it and it came in on Thursday.
I have to get ready to take Sharyn out for her 42nd birthday lunch and shopping spree. Just can't believe she is that old! How can it be???? I am only 39 and holding.....lol

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:08 pm 

I started reading Lord of Wicked Intentions by Lorraine Heath. So far very good. It may take me a while since life has gotten so very busy.

Trying to finish packing up for my son. He will be leaving for Texas in a few days. The moving van will come the first week of April, which is when we are planning to go. He will be in Houston while we are near San Antonio setting up house for him and directing the movers.

He had to open a new checking and savings account and apply for a credit card....my Lord! It was torture...spent hours filling out paperwork and showing all kinds of id...ridiculous! And that was just for the checking and savings...applying for a credit card was horrendous! Since he has no debt it was an act of Congress to pull up his credit score! We finally got all that straightened out...scared that someone had stolen his identity, which was not the case...he just happens to have the same name as hubby. Whew what a relief it wasn't identity theft! So today, later this afternoon, I will teach him about online banking.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:04 pm 

I'm reading Tempted by Maya Banks (which, again, is a reissue of her Desire title Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss). I've liked this one. The first was okay, the second was pretty good and this one is also pretty good. Almost done...then I'll start with the last one in the series Undone by Her Tender Touch.

This is my last week of work. Tomorrow (Sunday), Chuck and I are going to the mall to do some shopping because I have to buy some work clothes!! :shock:

My new job starts on March 31st and it can't start soon enough. Have a good weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:18 pm 

I finished reading Toni Morrison's, The Bluest Eye.

I mentioned this book in a Political Forum thread because it was one of the books mentioned in an article on the Common Core curriculum. The writer had thought the sexual content was inappropriate for readers in middle school. I agree.

It was a story of a dysfunctional black family, incestual rape, self-loathing and a young girl's desire to have blue eyes. It takes place in 1941, and is written from several perspectives, in the first and third person voices. My favorite characters were black sisters, Claudia and Frieda. Claudia's voice lends some humor to the story. Pecola is the sad young girl abused.

It was on the list of Oprah's Book choices.

I once tried to read Morrison's Beloved, but didn't get past a few pages. My son, who was assigned to read it in college, said I should have persisted. He really enjoyed it.

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:47 am 

Finished the books I mentioned in my previous post and quickly picked up Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo. It's the first book in her Kate Burkholder series. If you like a good mystery set in a small town, give his one a chance. Her writing is similar to Tami Hoag. If graphic descriptions of murder victims bother you, you might want to skip this book.