Post subject: Welcome to Paradise by Rosalind James
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:23 pm 

Lynnk recommended this awhile back for people who like reality shows (which I obviously am). It's about a show where contestants don the dress of 1885 and have to live on a cabin in the middle of nowhere. They have to farm, cook, drag their water from the well, etc. Anything our ancestors had to do (unless they were rich and mine weren't).

What I really liked was the cast of characters competing. They are in couples, some siblings, some father son, some spouses, some boyfriend/girlfriend, some crybabies, etc. They have challenges like in Survivor and have to vote off a couple.

Lots of laughs but also lots of serious stuff. I'd love to do this but quite frankly I'm not sure I could survive. It's a romance so obviously there's some steam among the contestants to make it fun. This is the first in a series but as far as I know, the only one with a "survivor" theme. I loved it.