Post subject: Weekend Reading Mar. 14-16
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:48 am 

Happy Weekend Everyone!

We got hit with more snow this past week. When will it end!!!

I have a busy busy weekend.....on Saturday we are going to my friend's annual St. Patrick's Day dinner and then we all play Bunko! I love that game. On Sunday we will be going to my mother's cousin 100th birthday party. Looking forward to seeing the birthday girl.

I just started Nicholas by Emma Lang so far so good. I only read two books since last Friday....I finished reading Passionately Yours by Cara Elliott which I enjoyed and Secure Target by new to me author Rebbecca Crawley. What I liked about this book is that the hero is from South Africa and part of the story takes place there.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Mar. 14-16
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:43 am 

Happy Weekend All,

Wow, really had a shocking past 10 days. After 5 years in remission, I am once again fighting breast cancer. It's been a week of hospital, tests, doctors, meds..and fatigue.

I'm at work today, going to dinner with some work friends tonight. I am off Saturday and plan to spend the entire day resting in my chair and reading Beverly Jenkin's Destiny series. She is a comfort read for me. Sunday, I plan to continue Allie Pleiter's Fireman series.

I plan to be around reading romance with you all for a long time so please keep me in your reader buddy thoughts and prayers.

Lynne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:13 am 

booksreader7 wrote:
Happy Weekend All,

Wow, really had a shocking past 10 days. After 5 years in remission, I am once again fighting breast cancer. It's been a week of hospital, tests, doctors, meds..and fatigue.

I'm at work today, going to dinner with some work friends tonight. I am off Saturday and plan to spend the entire day resting in my chair and reading Beverly Jenkin's Destiny series. She is a comfort read for me. Sunday, I plan to continue Allie Pleiter's Fireman series.

I plan to be around reading romance with you all for a long time so please keep me in your reader buddy thoughts and prayers.

Lynne

Saying prayers for you Lynne! Your my book convention buddy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 am 

Happy weekend all!

Lynne...wow...just wow and I'm so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers that you're brought healing and comfort.

Another week of craziness at work. Trying to get things finished up before I leave at the end of the month. I'm turning in my "official" resignation today. I passed by background and drug tests and I am officially hired at my new company, starting on Monday, March 31st. SCARED BUT EXCITED!!! :shock: :D

I've been finishing the study questions in the Max Lucado book you'll get through this this week, and deciding that I needed a light read, I started Enticed by Maya Banks. It's a reissue of her Desire title Enticed by His Forgotten Lover. It's pretty short, and I'll probably go ahead and read Wanted, which is again the reissue of Wanted by Her Lost Love. I picked up several more Max Lucado books this week that I look forward to digging into over the next few months. I'm also thinking I need to check into the Maya Banks Colter's Legacy series. They sound similar to Lora Leigh's August Brothers series, which I'm ashamed to admit I liked ( :oops: ).

Tonight I'm headed to the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo to see Keith Urban. I can't wait!! I'm going with a friend tonight, but next week, Chuck and I are going back for Florida Georgia Line. And miracle of miracles, Robert finally made application to college yesterday. He is going to the University of Houston Clear Lake. Hopefully this will stick, at least for his first year. It's about 45 minutes to an hour away from us, so we're still working on what his living arrangements are going to be, but if he does stick with it and go there, then he WON'T be living here, and he'll be getting out a little on his own, living on that side of town.

Other than that, I don't have much else going on this weekend, other than needing to do my taxes so I can apply for FASTA student aid, or whatever it is. The boys are leaving Saturday night for Spring Break to go to stay with my aunt in Austin for 3 days...so it'll be nice and quiet for a while! 8)

Everyone have a great weekend!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:13 am 

kylebmac wrote:
Happy weekend all!

Lynne...wow...just wow and I'm so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers that you're brought healing and comfort.

I'm also thinking I need to check into the Maya Banks Colter's Legacy series. They sound similar to Lora Leigh's August Brothers series, which I'm ashamed to admit I liked ( :oops: ).
!!

Thanks Kyle,

August Bros. is a guilty pleasure for me also. Really liked the first Colter book, but have not read the others in the series.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:07 pm 

Not much reading going on here. Too busy getting my oldest off to his new job. He starts Mar 31st, and there is a ton of stuff to get packed up. Going today to pick up a suit he had altered. He is in the process of looking for a vehicle, hopefully buy this weekend so we can check that off the list. He has to meet with (Skype) the relocation realtor. So he will have a clue where to look for houses. San Antonio area or maybe for the first few weeks, Houston, which at that point, they might put him up in a hotel.

Youngest son is coming home tomorrow. I have been keeping his dog (Lab) and his girlfriend's dog (King Charles Spaniel puppy) for a few days now, while they are in Atlanta for the SEC basketball championships. Her dog is an inside puppy and not potty trained...so it is like having a baby...never going to sleep and up all night---me with the dog!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:49 pm 

LOL Kyle, it's FAFSA but I like Fasta because you gotta do it fasta to get anything!

Lynne, that sucks. Don't get down though. I have a cousin who had to fight a second time and she's doing fine now. Stay positive.

I have a dinner to go to with my inlaws on Sunday. I was in charge of the planning for this one and I chose a restaurant along the Ohio River. Hopefully, it will be a fairly nice evening. We're eating early on Sunday so it will probably still be light out. We should have a nice time but I want to be home in time for Amazing Race! I have my priorities LOL.

I'm still reading Fear for Me (or "of" me) by Cynthia Eden. It's a really good book but my reading is off this week. I think it's spring fever. Have a great weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:23 am 

Lynne, I will keep you in my daily prayers for good health and a speedy remission. I am really looking forward to seeing you when we all go to Lori Foster's in June.

It was a good reading week for me. I read Summer at Mustang Ridge by Jesse Hayworth, and Best Man by Kristin Higgins. Both were above average reads, and the Kristin Higgins book had tons of humor, which is why I really enjoy her books.

Have a meet & greet for our Golden Retriever rescue group tomorrow, work Sunday and then 9 days off. Spring cleaning is calling my name, so hope to get it all done during my long stretch of days off.

Happy weekend to you all!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:29 am 

Lynne- you're in my prayers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:28 am 

Lynne, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear about this and know with you being as strong as you are and all our prayers, you will do fine.

I am finishing up Only In Vegas by Lindsey Brookes. Loved Can't Stop Believing by Jodi Thomas and Dare to Love by Carly Phillips. Next is Brenda Novak's Take Me Home for Christmas. I am getting a lot of reading done... my St. Patrick's Day party was cancelled til next week. When our local high school has a cancellation or delay, our Senior Center is closed. They called one on Thursday because of wind chill factor. It is a " walking" school (no buses) and the kids have long walks. Oh well, spent the day reading. I was so depressed. I ended up going and seeing my boss and saying that the party will go on no matter what next week, and he agreed with me. Yay!!! If a delay is called... the seniors will come just for the party and food. Thank God the entertainer said he could do next Thursday.

I am going to have dinner with all the "Welch" side of our family. All the kids and some ex wives are getting together for dinner and drinks. Sharyn is already there with the kids for the parade... I chose to get my hair cut instead of standing out in the cold. I am really looking forward to seeing my ex-sister in laws. We always had great times together. I think my ex's brothers will be there (not him though) and with all the kids grown up...I am sure we will have fun.

Other then that, just sitting back and waiting to get ready to go.

Be safe and have a great weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:40 am 

This week I have read Vaughn and Nicholas by Emma Lang. I finished Nicholas last night and haven't started a new book yet.

Also, it's been a tough week. One uncle had to have back surgery, another had a heart attack, and yet another has brain cancer and has only 1-3 months left to live. Finally, mom's cancer has returned and she will start radiation soon.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:28 pm 

Lynne, I am so sorry to hear this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome in this new battle.

This week, I re-read an oldie by Maggie Osborne, The Reluctant Lady, one of my favorites by her. I also read Karen Robards' new book, The Hunted.

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:15 pm 

booksreader7 wrote:

Lynne--I will keep you in my thoughts. Take good care and hopefully all the positive vibes from your friends on the boards will help bolster you.

ameliad wrote:
Also, it's been a tough week. One uncle had to have back surgery, another had a heart attack, and yet another has brain cancer and has only 1-3 months left to live. Finally, mom's cancer has returned and she will start radiation soon.

Amelia--You and your family are in my thoughts. Take heart from us on the boards who are thinking of you and yours.

This week, I read 'The Killing Times' by Morgan Kelley (my first by her) and it was very good. It had a very slight paranormal vibe as the H dreamed of the h before he met her and the h knew immediately that the H was someone special the first time she saw him. Did you follow that :shock: :lol: ? Today, I am just finishing up 'Together Alone' by Barbara Delinsky and it is very good as well. Not sure what is up next, but I certainly hope it is at least as good as these two books were.

I just finished up watching some of the NCAA basketball playoffs and at 3:30 I am going to enjoy some Ford World Women's Curling action with our Canadian ladies playing Switzerland.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

HR