Post subject: Weekend Reading Feb. 28-Mar. 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:46 am 

Happy Last Day of February!!!!!!

I just keep on thinking Spring is almost here, Spring is almost here.

My bil and sil were supposed to come over on Sunday but with the threat of another snow storm they canceled. I'm so sick of this snow and cold!!!!!!!

I had another slow week of reading (Dang you Candy Crush)...but I finally started the new Lorraine Heath book When The Duke Was Wicked and I'm enjoying it. After that book I think I'm going to read the new Julia London book.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Feb. 28-Mar. 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:33 pm 

I finished a couple of library books (non romance) this week. Still reading Grace Burrowes' MacGreggor's Lady. I hope to complete it by Tuesday as I received five new books for my IPad this week.

Hope to get some Spring cleaning done next week. I am very tired of the winter and it hasn't been as bad here as elsewhere.

Hope all of you have a good weekend!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:14 pm 

:shock: :shock:

Where is everyone?

I'm still reading Max Lucado's you'll get through this. I love it. I am also doing a skimmy-reread of After the Night by Linda Howard.

Right now I'm in the midst of considering a BIG change in jobs. I would probably not be working with my mom anymore. :cry:

I'm praying a lot about it.

I'm running tomorrow in the ConocoPhillips 10k Rodeo Run. Looking forward to it but nervous about doing my first 10k. Otherwise not much else going on.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:31 pm 

We're supposed to get 6 inches of snow on Sunday night after about a quarter inch of ice -- spring ain't here yet!

I'm going to finish the Professional series by Kresley Cole and then move on to something else. I have to finish it just because LOL. It's not that great of a series but it definitely grabs you. After that I have 3 books and only 21 days (probably 16 now) to finish 3 books. I'm going to stop looking at my Amazon Daily deals until I finish what I have to read. Same thing for Book Bub!

No plans this weekend but I'm hoping to get to the Y to get my butt moving again.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:04 am 

Hi all. Kylebmac, I agree, where is everyone? I was praying for our friends anywhere near the mud slides that may be coming in California. We are expecting to get 6 to 12 inches of snow... and it seems the weathermen have all jumped on the new (new to me) word vortex. It is starting to get on my nerves. Has anyone heard it before this winter? Maybe I wasn't paying attention. The bad part of the coming storm is, the boroughs and city are running out of salt. Pittsburgh is using salt and mixtures of other things and are only taking care of main roads and it is just a mess. I know my Senior Center will be closed on Monday because of the snow. Hurry the hell up spring!!! March is coming in like a lion, and I hope as the saying goes...it goes out like a lamb.

Oh well, on to other things. My sis, and bil and I went out to Applebees to celebrate their wedding anniversary. I got the half portion of Pecan encrusted chicken salad. I know the big portion is around 1800 calories and haven't been getting it because of that. It was soooo good! I am just going to do some cleaning up and setting up my new red keurig! I ordered it from QVC and it came the other day. Hooray! I am sending Keurig back the one that I have because it won't descale right.... tried to clean it numerous times and it isn't working. It isn't that old. Just to let them know. I don't care what they do about it because I already got the new one.
Nothing else planned except bingo tonight.

I am a judge again this year in the 2013 National Readers' Choice Awards. I got my 4 books in the mail and am excited to start reading them. I think I will start with a Jodi Thomas book they sent. I have done this 2 other times and love it. I only got 4 books this time and I will get through them in about a week or two.

One of the books from book club is The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Large print 1172 pages! I am having a hard time getting into it and it is one that I probably will not read because I don't like the subject matter. Anything doing with evil or the devil...nope can't do it. At least I gave it about a 10 chapter try.

I just finished Hunted by Karen Robards. I liked it and she is an auto buy author for me.

Well, stay warm and safe during the next couple of storms coming up. Happy reading.

In between reading those paperbacks, I will still read my bookclub books.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:25 pm 

Hi everyone. Hope you all have a great weekend. It's March already! Wow, time is sure flying by. We are still trying to unpack and settle in to our new apartment, since my big puppy was sick the first week and hubby the second. It's been raining a lot here in the Bay area, pretty much ending the drought I think, but it's a running joke in our family that wherever we go they have really strange weather. Exceptionally hot, cold, raining or something!
I downloaded a book this weekend by an author I met on line, it's called The Warlock's Woman by Josephine Sanchez-Vanner (great name!) not my usual style of reading but I figure a change is good. I need to get my head clear of thinking about shelving, moving unpacking, etc.
Have a great weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:02 am 

Been a busy week here, and I work tomorrow (Sun.), then a few nights this week too. Fine with me, as it will keep me busy and I won't think about Winter until the next day. I had to drive my dad to his surgeon yesterday, 175 mile round trip with heavy snow following. Bleeeech! At least every day when I get up, it's one day closer to spring.

Good reading week. Finished Concealed in Death by JD Robb, and of course it was very good. No more JD Robb until fall. :cry: Also just finished Once In A Lifetime by Jill Shalvis - excellent as always. I will be sad to see this series end, but I'm sure she has a new series ready to surprise us with! Not sure what will be next, but I have plenty to pick from.

Everyone have a good weekend, stay warm, and dry for those of you on the west coast where I hope you get some much needed rain.

TaTa!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:44 am 

I haven't posted on this topic a while, so it may be a long one :roll:
We're bracing ourselves for snow storm #13. Yay! :? We haven't had that many storms in the last 4 years combined! I sure hope spring comes soon. I want to wear flip flops! I usually don't mind the snow, but enough already. We can't go a week without some sort of snow fall. Luckily this storm isn't going to be as bad here as they first predicted, but maybe Mother Nature will have the last laugh and change her mind.

I have been doing a lot of rereads, but I did manage to get a few new books mixed in. It first started with a contest I won on facebook. Vanessa Kelly was having a release party for her latest release. It included many authors. All you had to do was leave a comment on any topic and you were entered to win a prize. There were a few things I wanted to win. Like Lila DiPasqua's The Duke's Little Match Girl. So I left as many comments on that thread as possible. I left comments on almost all the threads. The one I wasn't that interested in was two books from Shana Galen, When You Give a Duke A Diamond and If You Give a Rake a Ruby. I had read a couple books by her before, but I just wanted get a book that I really wanted to read. As it happens, Shana's was the prize I ended up getting. But I'm so glad that I did! I loved the books and can't wait for the third in the series, Sapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend. I went to her backlist and checked out other books. So far I've read True Spies and Blackthorne's Bride. They are definitely keepers :D
I'm still waiting for No Man's Bride and Pride and Petticoats.
In the meantime, I've been reading Kathryn Smith's Brotherhood of the Blood series. I had book 4, Let the Night Begin already, but decided to get the other books. I've read the first 3 the past couple of days: Be Mine Tonight, Night of the Huntress and Taken By the Night. Since there's a story running through all the books, I'm rereading book 4 just so I don't miss anything. Then it's on to the series finale, Night After Night. Can't wait to see how it ends.

As for what to read next, I pre-ordered Sapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend from amazon, so if I get it before work on Tuesday I'll be reading that. If not, I'll most likely reread something. I have plenty of books to choose from :mrgreen:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:19 am 

Greetings one and all! I sincerely hope that winter is over soon for those suffering through it and the rain lets up in California.

I have had a whiz-bang (good) week reading-wise. I read 'The Witness' by Nora Roberts--long at 500+ pages--and an absolutely freakin' good book. It is by far my favorite NR book outside of a few of the 'In Death' series. The h, Elizabeth/Liz/Abigail (don't ask!), is very literal like Dr. Brennan in 'Bones'. She does not understand when people are kidding or making jokes and tries to explain to them why what they say does not make sense. Next, I read 'Cries in the Night' by Kathy Clark and it was very good as well. The H is a firefighter in Denver (SMOKIN'!) and the h is a Victim's Advocate for the Denver PD.

I also hit the jackpot with my Kindle wish list this week--3 books on it were reduced to $0.00! They were 'Hide and Seek' by Jennifer Hayden, 'The Killing Times' and 'Celestia is Falling', both by Morgan Kelley.

I will probably start one of the Morgan Kelley books tonight as I have never read her before.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend and good luck, Kyle, on your first 10K.

HR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:12 pm 

I was catching up with my bible study on Breaking Free with Beth Moore, so that is the only reading I was doing this weekend. I needed it!

It has been an intense weekend. My son got an unbelievable job offer from this oil company that he has been interviewing for about 6 months. It is in Texas so we have had some intense conversations. I am wiped out emotionally at this point.

The weather was beautiful in the 60's....today...high is 25...I have a feeling March is going to be tempermental!

Next weekend...I get to look forward to a colonoscopy :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:33 pm 

I'm reading When the Rogue Returns by Sabrina Jeffries.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:42 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:

It has been an intense weekend. My son got an unbelievable job offer from this oil company that he has been interviewing for about 6 months. It is in Texas so we have had some intense conversations.

Where in Texas is the company? The oil industry in Houston is HUGE and I'm wondering if he got an offer from a company in the "oil corridor". Does he think he's going to take it? Houston is a great place. I love it here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:46 pm 

Kyle---Conoco Phillips. He has been interviewing in both Houston and in San Antonio. They want him around the southern part of San Antonio--about an hour away from San Antonio, because he speaks fluent Spanish. They were throwing out North Dakota, Houston, San Antonio or South America...so hallelujah it was San Antonio.

He would be an idiot for not taking it. Salary and benefits are out the roof..for someone fresh out of college. Hubby and I are ecstatic. Hubby halfway joked if they had a job for him, he would do it in a second. I think son is in shock-----and there is the issue of leaving the girlfriend...oh boy! He has until Thurs to respond..which I know he is smart and will do the right thing and accept.

So be praying for me!!