Post subject: Weekend Reading Feb. 21-23
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:29 am 

Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone had a good week. We had another week of crazy weather. 5 inches of snow on Monday to rain and 50 degrees yesterday to snow again this morning!!!!!

I may run some errands tomorrow morning and then come home and chill and read (I hope). On Sunday we are going to brunch and then playing cards with my friends.

I had a slowwwwwwwwwww week of reading. I'm back to be addicted to Candy Crush. I'm currently reading One Rogue Too Many by Samantha Grace (so far so good) and earlier I finished Must Love Dukes by Elizabeth Michels, I enjoyed it and I look forward to the next book in her series. Up next I have no idea????

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Feb. 21-23
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:08 am 

65 degrees for Sat and Sunday!!! I am doing mental cartwheels! :lol: Hopefully, I will turn up my garden and maybe plant my spring garden soon in March. I am going to stay outdoors this weekend cause it will probably snow this week...crazy weather.

I am almost finished with Lily Everett's Shoreline which is a good quick read. Can't decide on what to read next.

Hubby and I went to visit our youngest son in college. I had to take a bunch of tax stuff to him. He is thinking of buying 2 small houses and renovating them and then renting them out. So he wanted our input.

We listened to John Grisham's The Litigators on our way to MS. Pretty good.

Going to try to be good and go bike riding with hubby this weekend. I will have to take an oxygen tank with me :lol: since it has been a while since I have gone biking, but hubby bought me a new bike for Christmas and I haven't had much of a chance to break it in.

Have a safe and fun weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:21 am 

Hi Everyone - Happy Friday. :D I am soooo looking forward to this weekend. This week feels as if it has lasted for 10 days!!

I am currently reading a couple of books -

The Protectors/Damon by Teresa Gabelman
Angels in Leather - Bella Jewell
(jury is still out on both of them)

I am listening to Wild Invitation by Nalini Singh - 4 novellas of the Psy/Changling series and while I love the series I am having a hard time with the narrator - I'm having a hard time getting used to her cadance. I guess I'm so used to the In Death series that I want every book to be as well read!!

I hope those of you in the east, south, midwest - I guess almost everywhere other than the southwest and nice warm weekend to enjoy and I am praying desparately for rain for the parched southwest. We never did get a winter this year. :cry:

I think all the cows in California are headed for Texas - no more Happy Cows here!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:19 pm 

Happy weekend ladies!

This week has been a little crazy. Lots of stuff going on. My son had another little breakdown, but we have an appointment with a psychiatrist in March and I'm hoping he can shed some light on whether there's really something going on or if it's just crazy 18 year old boy hormones. Prayers appreciated!

Right now I'm reading Max Lucado's You'll Get Through This and doing a reread of Linda Howard's Dream Man. I have lots of things I need to get done this weekend, including helping my son with his taxes (first year to file!! :shock: ) and starting my own. I have to finish cleaning out my file cabinets and get rid of some of the paperwork I've had for 7 years!! Also, today, I'm going in for a second interview with a company that is trying to hire me. I'm torn...I'm very burned out with what I'm doing now (7 year itch!!) but this would be a change in position from what I do now, which is scary.

I plan to start Melting the Ice by Jaci Burton by the end of the weekend or early next week.

Have a great weekend ladies!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:58 pm 

Like many of you, I am channeling Spring - took a bunch of winter things to the dry cleaners and then I'm putting them away! May have to stay home if it gets cold again but I'm just done with this cold weather and I know, not as bad as some of you have had. Still, I'm through!

Continuing to read "Fear Nothing" by Lisa Gardner - she write really good books IMO. To lightening things I'm also reading "The MacGregor's Lady" by Grace Burrowes. I have enjoyed this series very much.

Someone mentioned the number of novellas that are out there, after-the-fact, that related to something they are reading. I find that annoying because several things I'm reading have novellas popping up out of nowhere it seems. If they are related to a series I like, I feel compelled to buy them.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:27 pm 

It's beautiful but windy here today and it's been nice almost all week. So warm that I actually went swimming (inside though LOL). I bought some zoomer fins and I'm hoping this will get me up and moving to lose some extra girth.

I'm still reading Wild Things by Chloe Neill but I'll probably finish it today. After that I'm not sure what I'll start -- probably the Forces of Nature 2 book of Sharon Sala (can't remember the exact name). DH and I plan to see the Monument Men sometime over the weekend so I have that to look forward to.

Eaglegirl, I wish I could get into my garden. It always takes a long time to dry out so my dreams of homegrown tomatoes are pretty far away :( I had a salad at a restaurant yesterday and the tomatoes were light pink -- disgusting!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:59 pm 

I've been doing a lot of reading between snow storms, ice storms, and rain this week. I finished Scream for Me by Karen Rose (4.5 Stars), The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley (4 Stars), and I'm almost done with Home Song by LaVyrle Spencer.

This weekend I'm hoping to read a novella by Jennifer Ashley called A Mackenzie Family Christmas. After that I think I'll pick up something light...maybe Jennifer Crusie or Rachel Gibson.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:41 pm 

Once again checking in from the frozen tundra, aka: Minnesota. 20" of snow this past week - right now it is beautiful, but I am just sick of it!

I finished Robyn Kaye's Had to Be You, book #3 in her Red Hook series. Very good! Next up is Nora's new JD Robb book, Concealed In Death.

No big plans here. Stay in and stay warm!

Everyone have a great weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:19 pm 

I finally finished Turned by Virna DePaul. It's about an FBI agent, Ty, who gets turned into a vampire against his will. He works with a secret investigation group called Belladonna. He recruits Ana to work with the group because she is searching for her sister who she hasn't seen in years. He lures her into the group with the promise that she will see her sister.

Next up is When the Rogue Returns by Sabrina Jeffries.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:31 am 

HI EVERYONE!
THE SUN IS SHINING AND IT IS GOING TO BE 50 TODAY. I am so happy. Getting ready to o to book club at the Muddy Cup. We read Beautiful Ruins by Jessica Walter. It was a confusing read for me....way to may characters and going back to the past and back to the now time. Whewwww. It will be interesting talks today!

Am reading the new Stephanie Plum and just had to put it down. I love the stories, but she is kissing Ranger and thinking of going to bed with him and then realizes it is rainy and the ball game will be called and Morelli will be coming over. Then she goes to bed with Morelli. I am not liking this sort of thing. So, may start Hunted by Karen Robards.

Well, I have to say I thought the author was a woman…it is Jess Walter… a man who wrote our book club book…everyone had a good laugh on me.

Have a great weekend everyone and happy reading.