Post subject: Weekend Reading Feb. 7-9
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 am 

Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone had a good week.....more snow and cold weather here in Chicago. We didn't get as much snow as the East Coast.

Lazy weekend!!!!! Love them...hubby is going to an all day class on Saturday so I may just kick back and read all day after I run my errands in the morning.

I'm glad the Olympics are on because I will be going through football withdrawal!

Earlier this week I finished Going Twice by Sharon Sala....love it..just as intense as the first book in this trilogy. I also re-read The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley - one of my favs by her. I just started Melting the Ice by Jaci Burton and I have no idea what I want to read next.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend and keep warm!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Feb. 7-9
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:25 pm 

Happy Happy Weekend ladies! I finished The Professional, Part 1, 2 and 3 earlier this week. INTENSE. :shock:

I started reading Rule Breaker by Lora Leigh earlier this week and will probably be reading it through the weekend. You know...I think this might be it for me. I think I say that every time I read one of her books but really, for sure this time. This book and her writing just doesn't do it for me anymore. And it's so confusing. I have no idea what's going on. Truly. I'm ready for the Amber/secret serum story line to be over AND the fact that LL is not even following her own world rules anymore about Mating Heat, etc., well...that loses me as a reader. YOU SET THE RULES! Follow them author!!! :evil:

This weekend is busy for me. Dani, I wish and I NEED a lazy weekend!! I have a full day tomorrow with errands and things I have to take care of, plus I'm having a girls dinner tomorrow evening with some friends, then on Sunday, I'm running in the Rhythm and Blues Half Marathon and 5K. I'm doing the 5K with my husband, my friend's husband and kids. My good friends David and Jenny are going to do the half marathon. The whole running route has bands set up so you're running to music the whole time, and then there is a party/concert and food after. At 3, my hubby and I are going to get massages and then Sunday night marks the start of the second half of The Walking Dead. YEAH!!

Everyone have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:47 pm 

I am so happy for you Kyle---you are such an inspiration. Looks like life is going great. :) I thought of you while I was on that 5 mile hike...my sister practically ran up the mountain...I lagged so far behind huffing and puffing all the way...but at least I got out and did something physical. Then the horseback riding, by that time I was barely walking :lol:

I got back from my Gatlinburg trip on Wed and it is taken me this long to get back in the swing of things. Finished Hunted by Karen Robards...wow, what a book! Really enjoyed the suspense. I don't know what I will start on next. I have a few Sharon Sala books...Field of Poppies and A Thousand Lies that I may look into.

I hate to say it is frigid here (20-30 degrees) because I know other's have it so much worse. BUT I am such a baby when it comes to cold weather....so IT IS FRIGID HERE :lol: I want to go somewhere WARM...but I feel the whole country is in an ice freeze! All I have to say is that there better not be a bug in sight this summer! Don't they say if you have a harsh winter, it gets rid of the bug problem in the summer?? Or is that an old wives tale??

Lazy weekend....hubby is going Sunday to West TN to pack up the hunting lodge for the winter since hunting season is over. I could go with him.....but he will put me to work, so I would rather stay at home and read :lol: I do think we will go to a spin class tomorrow morning, so I won't feel too guilty.

Have a safe and fun weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:24 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
I am so happy for you Kyle---you are such an inspiration. Looks like life is going great. :) I thought of you while I was on that 5 mile hike...my sister practically ran up the mountain...I lagged so far behind huffing and puffing all the way...but at least I got out and did something physical. Then the horseback riding, by that time I was barely walking :lol:

I got back from my Gatlinburg trip on Wed and it is taken me this long to get back in the swing of things. Finished Hunted by Karen Robards...wow, what a book! Really enjoyed the suspense. I don't know what I will start on next. I have a few Sharon Sala books...Field of Poppies and A Thousand Lies that I may look into.

I hate to say it is frigid here (20-30 degrees) because I know other's have it so much worse. BUT I am such a baby when it comes to cold weather....so IT IS FRIGID HERE :lol: I want to go somewhere WARM...but I feel the whole country is in an ice freeze! All I have to say is that there better not be a bug in sight this summer! Don't they say if you have a harsh winter, it gets rid of the bug problem in the summer?? Or is that an old wives tale??

Lazy weekend....hubby is going Sunday to West TN to pack up the hunting lodge for the winter since hunting season is over. I could go with him.....but he will put me to work, so I would rather stay at home and read :lol: I do think we will go to a spin class tomorrow morning, so I won't feel too guilty.

Have a safe and fun weekend!

Thanks so much! I don't know if life is going "great" but I'm learning to NOT freak out over every little thing and to enjoy TODAY since tomorrow might suck! :wink:

I am really jealous of your trip with your sisters! But I am going to Austin in April with my best friend from high school. We are staying with my aunt and we're going to do the Diva Dash 5K together. I'm looking forward to seeing my aunt and also a couple of other high school and college friends who live in the Austin area now. We're all supposed to be meeting that Saturday night for dinner.

I'm sure on a 5 mile hike I would have been huffing and puffing too! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:31 pm 

Happy Weekend everyone! It's been another cold week here in the Heartland, with not much snow. But tomorrow we are supposed to get 2-4". This has been the longest winter ever. Well, last year probably was with our 16" of snow on May 2nd.

Long before Janet Dailey passed away, I had her Bannon Brothers trilogy, so dug in to book 1 this week, Trust. It's really good, and making me remember why I always liked her older books, the Calder series. Then I went through a phase where I would not buy her books due to her plagiarism of Nora Roberts, which obviously I have forgiven her for. Not sure if I will read the trilogy back to back or not. New JD Robb coming out soon, so maybe not!

Looks to be a quiet weekend. Fine by me, as I have a prayer shawl to get done too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Keep up the good work Kyle! And you are so right about living one day at a time. It has worked for me for many years. No matter what you have going on in your life, it's not a bad way to go.

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:33 pm 

[color=#008080]I'm going to start FEAR NOTHING by Lisa Gardner today. I always look forward to her books and hope this will be a great one. Also, this week I read HOPE FLAMES by Jaci Burton and started DO OR DIE by Suzanne Brockmann. I hope all this reading signals that my reading slump is over!

Having some company this weekend but they are family and easy to entertain. I hope I get to watch some Olympics and have some time for reading.

Kyle, I'm very impressed with your running endeavors. Is this something new (maybe I missed other posts)? I used to run 6 miles a day and wish I could get started back running at least 2 miles per day. Great and stress-free exercise!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Dani
/color]

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:27 pm 

I am not really feeling like doing too much this weekend. I I had a rough week and just want to laze about. May not even go down to my sisters' on Sunday. Don't feel up to it.

I have been reading and trying to not spend as much time on the computer… it is really interfering with my reading. I just started Home Is Where The Bark Is. by Kandy Shepherd. Just started it and am enjoying it. It started with this big guy coming in to put his Yorkiepoo into doggie daycare. Of course, there is something else going on and I have laughed a couple of times at some things happening.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Just try to rest and relax and get some quality reading into your day!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:21 pm 

As I'm typing this, I'm a bit woozy because I had a margarita with DH, my DS and his girlfriend. I usually only have one but I had a jumbo. Big mistake. I could go to sleep right now but I know I'll wake up so I'm trying to "wake up".

I'm reading Wild Things by Chloe Neill. I just started it after finishing a murder mystery. I have to change genres every so often or I get bored. After that I have the next new one from Sharon Sala (can't remember the name).

I'm planning on staying home this weekend and doing nothing. Hopefully, I'll get out for church Sunday morning but this cold is getting to me, not to mention the ice. I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays warm. I understand it's still pretty cold down south.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 am 

Hello everyone!

It seems we are in for another winter storm here in the South. Snow on Tues. and possible ice on Wednesday. Hopefully the Governor of Georgia will have the state more prepared this time. The ice and sleet has got us all worried because of falling trees and power lines. By the way it was 63 degrees and sunny here today. This has been the craziest winter.
I am reading WHEN THE MARQUESS MET HIS MATCH by Laura Lee Guhrke. I am enjoying it. It is the first in a series called "An American Heiress In London."

I say "come on Spring"