Post subject: Weekend Reading Jan. 31-Feb. 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:16 am 

Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to say good-bye to January.....with this crazy weather that everyone is having. I just keep on telling myself spring is right around the corner.

For those whose teams on in the Super Bowl on Sunday --- Good Luck!

Weather permitting we have to make an emergency trip to the dentist on Saturday morning. My friend is having a Super Bowl party so I'm going with my good friend and hubby is staying home.

I didn't read to much this week.....I finished When A Rogue Returns by Sabrina Jeffries and I'm currently reading the second book in Dixie Lee Brown's Trust No One series....When I Find You. Up next the new Sharon Sala book.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend and keep warm!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Jan. 31-Feb. 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:45 am 

Happy weekend girls.

Currently I'm reading Obsessed by Him by Red Garnier. I may have been reading this last week too! :oops: It's been a low reading week for me too. I'll be starting the last story in this 5 story anthology tonight. I should finish this one up this weekend and then I'm not sure what I'll read. I have A LOT of really good stuff on my Nook so it'll just depend on my mood. The new Sarah Addison Allen book came out last week and I love her. Her books are just so lovely to read. So I might start that. I also want to read the Professional trilogy, so I might read that...and I got the Peaches Monroe set, so I might read that next...see! Lots to choose from. Not to mention that on Tuesday, there are about 6 new books coming out that look good, including a new Lora Leigh Breed book and a new Jaci Burton, a new Kristen Ashley and a new Anne Calhoun! All authors I really like...

We plan to watch the Super Bowl at home and I hope Denver wins. I think the Seahawks are a bunch of thugs.

I also want to see Last Vegas, and I'm thinking about maybe watching it this weekend.

We bought all new stainless steel appliances for our kitchen last weekend and they're being delivered today, with installation on Monday. I'm pretty excited - especially since my dish washer is 15 years old, and my oven is acting up (the motherboard is going out and it cannot be replaced, it's 15 years old too) but I'm really really excited about my new refrigerator! Funny the things we get excited about in life!! :oops: :oops:

I need to get a couple of good long runs in this weekend too. My next 5K is next Sunday, February 9th.

Everyone have a great weekend and stay warm.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:23 pm 

Go Denver! Hope they slay the thugs! I am so mad that I won't be watching the Superbowl this year BECAUSE it is my sister's 50th birthday. My youngest sister and I are going to kidnap her on Sunday and take her to Gatlinburg for a girls trip. I am the only one in my family that cares about football and begged my youngest sister to leave on Mon...the actual birthday..but noooo! I know we will have fun, but I am hoping to get to a sports bar on Sun night to at least see some of it. Sorry sisters!

We are planning on hiking in the mountains of Gatlinburg AND going horseback riding...I haven't ridden a horse since high school! But those are the things she loves to do. All of this is a total surprise to her, so it will be fun!

And of all things....some of my old tennis buddies called me up to see if I wanted to go to Florida and play some tennis/golf with 15 of my old friends...of course they are leaving Sunday! I never go anywhere and just when I get the chance, I have 2 places to go at once...bummer!

I am listening to Karen Robards Hunted----wow! the narrators are really good. Great story. I have started and this book 2 or 3 times, and life got busy and I forgot it. So going to West TN this week, I decided to listen to it...so glad I did.

Have a great fun filled weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:42 pm 

I only finished one book on my vacation. I had too much fun to read! I started One Summer by David Baldacci on the plane on the way home and I hope to finish it this weekend. Another departure from the thrillers for Baldacci and I'm enjoying it.

After that I have 2 beach magazines I didn't read either: People and Entertainment weekly. My weekend will be trying to get my pictures on facebook (having a problem with my computer: it won't recognize my SL card). Other than that, no plans. I'm having travel letdown. Is it spring yet?

Eaglegirl, I'm jealous. I love Gatlinburg. I've never been there in winter so please report what it's like. Have a great time!

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:01 am 

Go Broncos!

I've typed a message 5x and I keep losing it so I'm just saying that I'm reading "River Road" by Jayne Ann Krentz.

Happy SuperBowl Weekend!

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:04 pm 

Hello everyone, I am currently reading THE DEVIL WEARS KILTS by Suzanne Enoch. It is the first book in a new series by this author. Remember stand alone books? I barely do, since there are so few of them now. Must every book be part of a series?

The book begins in Scotland and the hero has three brothers. Wink, wink, sure they will have their own book. He also has
a young sister, another book in the series perhaps.

It is mildly interesting and I will continue to read it. The hero calls the heroine Lady Charlotte "lass" and she is calling him by his first name "Ran" after only two days knowing each other. A bit modern for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:02 pm 

This was a great reading month for me. I read 6 books. One book, Amethyst Destiny was a time travel and has me going through my tt books to find some more. It sort of reminded me why I love them so much. I am debating between 2 books to start on right now... one is White Heat by Sandra Brown (how did I miss this one?) and Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah. MH is a library book and I think that one will win out.

No big plans this weekend, just going to bingo on Saturday night to see all my rowdy friends, and then to my sister Mares' house for the Super Bowl. I have to laugh because she and my daughter Sharyn have been planning the food menu for a week. Even got me into a 3 way conversation to discuss the menu. ( Of course I just listened and drooled.) I will be bringing veggies, so at least I can look like I am eating healthy. They both are amazing cooks and just love to get into the kitchen and whip up something. So glad they got that gene, because it is sadly missing in me. They will be reading a recipe and jump up and go into the kitchen to get all the ingredients together and I am in the living room reading and going "yum... you go girls!!!!" I know, I know, I am just a lazy ass.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Go Bronco's. I love you Peyton Manning.... you go show everyone who gave up on you after your operation. What a man!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:09 pm 

I finally finished UNBREAKABLE by Stephanie Tyler. It did get better and we are set up for more Section 8 novels I'm sure.

I also read THE GREATEST LOVER EVER by Christina Brook, a first-time author for me. I really enjoyed it and look forward to the next in the series.

I'm currently reading another new author to me, Laura Kaye's HARD AS IT GETS.

In my area we're just worn out by the 2-day ice storm that most of you would scoff at. However, everything came to a screeching stop as our roads, and especially bridges, were shut down. Staying home this weekend and enjoying some golf and football.

Have a great weekend.

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:01 pm 

No big plans this weekend. I really don't care who wins the Super Bowl. I'm hoping to get some reading in while the game is on.

Eaglegirl - Have fun in Gatlinburg. I was there in the fall and loved it.

Linda - Glad you had a great vacation.

This week I read Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur. The book started off well, but I was bored by the middle of it. Not sure what I want to read now. Either a historical romance or maybe romantic suspense.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:45 pm 

I've been invited to a Super Bowl party and I'll be watching the weather conditions between now and then to determine if I will actually go. I don't care anything about the game, but it's a chance to socialize.

I'm reading Turned by Virna DePaul. It's about a vampire who works for the FBI.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:52 am 

It's Groundhog Day, shouldn't we all be rereading something over and over...okay, sorry that is one of my fav movies.
Just moved this weekend to San Francisco, I'm sitting in my hotel room feeling dazed and confused, and my muscles are complaining, but a glass of brandy and a familiar novel are all I need, and maybe a hot bath!
I'm going to reread Knight of a Trillion Stars, and Rejar, by Dara Joy, two old favs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:45 am 

Dani wrote:
I'm currently reading another new author to me, Laura Kaye's HARD AS IT GETS.

I liked this book a lot. Enough that I'm looking forward to the next one at the end of this month.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:47 am 

L.C. wrote:
I'm going to reread Knight of a Trillion Stars, and Rejar, by Dara Joy, two old favs.

Boy - haven't heard those names in a while. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 am 

Hi Kylebmac, it's been a long time since I've read those two books, but I have read quite a few others by Dara on kindle which were very good, but those two will always be my favorites by her. I have the tattered paperback versions of them.