Post subject: Weekend Reading Jan. 10-12
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:31 am 

Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone is keeping warm and dry. We went from -19 on Monday to the low 30's with freezing rain today!!!! We have dinner plans tomorrow night but depending on the weather we may cancel. If the weather is going to be bad this weekend I may just let hubby go grocery shopping!

Okay, I have to be honest.....I did not like Maya Bank's new book....After The Storm. It just didn't seem like a romantic suspense to me. I was also disappointed in Linda Lael Miller's new book -- Big Sky Secrets! But I am looking forward to reading Swanny's book by Maya that comes out in May, 2014. I'm currently reading Latymer by Tracey Develyn it's an ebook only (novella) and it's the 4th book in her Nexus series. I'm thinking of starting new to me author Lauren Smith -- Wicked Designs or Hope Flame the first book in Jaci Burton's new series.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend! And if your football team is still in the playoffs -- Good Luck!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Jan. 10-12
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:48 am 

Hi All,

I'm still reading this from last week's posting...

ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE
What If There Was a Cure?
The Story of Ketones
by Mary T. Newport, M.D. (10/11)

A doctor and caregiver discovers a high-energy fuel that nourishes the brain.

And spelling off from the very serious and helpful (benefits of coconut oil) with this historical romance...

Sometimes a Rogue by Mary Jo Putney (9/13)
[The Lost Lords - 5]

No plans but to stay warm and peaceful.

Happy Reading!

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:06 am 

Happy weekend!

Dani, I hate to hear that you didn't like the new Maya Banks book, After the Storm, because that's what I am planning to read this weekend.

We had freezing temps all week but things have warmed up considerably. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be around 70, and so is Sunday's. I am planning to get in two good runs this weekend as well. Other than that my only plans are to get my Christmas decorations down (FINALLY!).

Have a great weekend and stay warm!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:38 pm 

Happy Weekend everyone!!

I am listening to Promises in Death by JD Robb and reading Creed by Kristen Ashley. Creed is not up to the quality of Knight - which is the book that got me reading Kristen Ashley, at least not yet.

As always JD Robb is wonderful. :D

Not much going on this weekend - breakfast with friends tomorrow, church on Sunday. Otherwise just going to putter around the house, do some laundry, sort some books for donation and a little reading thrown in to keep me happy. :D

I hope everyone stays warm and safe.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:04 pm 

kylebmac wrote:
Happy weekend!

Dani, I hate to hear that you didn't like the new Maya Banks book, After the Storm, because that's what I am planning to read this weekend.

We had freezing temps all week but things have warmed up considerably. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be around 70, and so is Sunday's. I am planning to get in two good runs this weekend as well. Other than that my only plans are to get my Christmas decorations down (FINALLY!).

Have a great weekend and stay warm!

Kyle, you may like it...don't let my opinion sway you.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:17 pm 

Happy Weekend All!

Slushy, slippery, snow-filled parking lot in my complex is aggravating me; other than that, I am grateful for a break in the extreme cold of this week.

Although my TBR mountain is staring me in the face, I just grabbed a copy of Jayne Ann Krentz's River Road from the library. I have not read anything by her since she started with the paranormal themes in her books. This one looks like at straight forward Rom/Sus. Will delve in tonight.

I'm listening to Hot Shot by Julie Garwood, in the car, which I am enjoying and I'm reading Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley on my new tablet I got as a Christmas present. Everyone has raved about Kristen Ashley, so I bought 3 of her ebooks, I'm only a few pages into MM, but I'm not feelin' it yet. I hope I won't be disappointed. :|

Working Saturday, cleaning Sunday after church, no fun plans this weekend.

Last edited by booksreader7 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:31 pm 

I'm reading Drawn Together by Lauren Dane. It's another book in her Brown siblings/Delicious series.

I'm also getting ready for classes to start again on Monday.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:27 pm 

I've been staring at "Styxx" by Sherrilyn Kenyon all week so I hope to get it started this weekend. The book is so huge (836pgs) that it scares me. :shock: It'll most likely take me weeks to finish. I'm a slow reader.

I have to thank my good friend Sandi from Tx (Fresh Fiction.com) for sending me a personally signed copy. Sandi if you're lurking say Hi to everyone. It's been so long since you've been to the RT boards GF! You're missed.

Stay safe, keep warm & Happy Reading ladies.

Go Broncos!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:19 pm 

This was a relaxing day for me. I decided to bake some coconut macaroons today. Found a recipe for diabetics on a website. The problem with the recipe is it didn't say you had to grease the cookie sheet. All of the cookies stuck to it. Had to chisel them off. Now I have a plate of crumbs...but they do taste good.

Today I finished Karen Robards' Dark of the Moon. I originally read this book 20 years ago. Decided to give it a re-read and thought it was still interesting, though a bit wordy. Now I'm ready to start Cold Days by Jim Butcher. I love the Dresden Files and have been looking forward to this book for a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:35 pm 

I am listening to an author new to me, Stephanie Bond and the book's name is License to Thrill and so far it is good. After all your recommendations, I picked up some Kristen Ashley books because I found I would rather read her books than listen to them... narrators just don't do her justice like the voice in my head does :shock: .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:31 am 

Hi everyone.
Yay, it is only raining today... hope it doesn't freeze tonight. I can take the rain but ice, no way.
No real plans for this weekend. Just bingo tonight with my friends. I had 2 days off work last week. I got a lot done in those 2 days, cleaning wise. I am trying to tackle one room at a time. I tend to start one thing, then go off and do another in another room. "Stay focused" should be my new motto.
I finished up Let Me Go by Chelsea Cain. I am beginning to think Archie doesn't stand a chance because Gretchen is always there. Gretchen escaped again, and they didn't kill her, so I know a next book is in the writing. I want him with Susan.
I just picked up a book at the senior center called Butterfly by Sharon Sala. I know I have that book somewhere in my shelves, but where????? I like her writing as Sala and as Dinah McCall.

Be happy, be safe, and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:38 pm 

Not sure what I want to read this weekend. I don't feel well both physically and emotionally- am too depressed. Just want to sleep. Even being on this website is taking a lot of energy out of me. Going to nap now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:29 pm 

Reading Grim by M.K. Eidem

Watching football this weekend and staying inside.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:30 pm 

I finished Hunted by Karen Robards today and posted my fave review. This evening I'm starting River Road by Jayne Ann Krentz. At least I think I'll start it. I always have trouble starting a book after a good one. I need time to enjoy that keeper "afterglow". By tomorrow for sure. I have so many books to start -- and in 2 weeks I'll be going on vacation with nothing to do but read!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:45 am 

PauletteW wrote:
I just picked up a book at the senior center called Butterfly by Sharon Sala. I know I have that book somewhere in my shelves, but where????? I like her writing as Sala and as Dinah McCall.

'Butterfly' is a GREAT book and I hope you enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:52 am 

gail wrote:
Not sure what I want to read this weekend. I don't feel well both physically and emotionally- am too depressed. Just want to sleep. Even being on this website is taking a lot of energy out of me. Going to nap now.

Gail--I hope you can pull yourself out of this depression you are in. I have been there before and it can be a struggle. Hopefully you will keep coming to the boards. There are always humorous things posted that will put a smile on your face.

Take care...HR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:03 am 

I read two books this week, both by new-to-me authors--'Ask Nothing in Return' by Jane Drager (Kindle) and 'Twelve Days' by Teresa Hill (paperback). Both were very good and I am looking for more titles by both authors. Once my Kindle is recharged, I am going to read one of two Tallulah Grace books; she is a new-to-me author as well and these are part of a series. I do seem to have myself snarled up in quite a few different ones :shock: .

A good rest of the weekend to all of you...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:20 am 

Greetings from the Frozen Tundra! Monday andTuesday of this past week, schools were closed due to the -50 wind chills. Today is't supposed to be 38, which is good because with the freezing rain we had Friday, the roads and sidewalks need to melt.

Finished Linda Lael Miller's Big Sky Secrets, which I did like, and thought it was a good series wrap up book. I started JAK's new River Road last night and am liking it. I loved her old romantic suspense books, and 7 chapters in this is pretty much living up to her reputation. Not sure what will be up next.

I'm a bit reluctant to pick up Maya's new book. I have it, but...she was out on FB last week apologizing to her fans who felt let down by Donovan's story! Aside from the fact I don't think an author should ever apologize for what they have written, it will get shoved to the back of the TBR pile for now. Maybe she has too many irons in the fire, and needs to stop trying to juggle so many series.

Have a good rest of the weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:46 pm 

Just finished River Road by Jayne Krentz and it rates 4.75. I also read Broken Blade this week; excellent continuation of the Colbana Files series. Now it is back to updating LibraryThing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:19 pm 

Just finished with Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley----I am so reading this out of order---but they are still good. I have been tempted but have been a good girl by waiting until the 20th for The Professional 3 by Kresley Cole to come out. I am going to re-read Professional 1 this week, then read 2&3.

My youngest son surprised us by coming home from college. He had to load up his cows to take them to auction...sold them for almost 12 thousand. So it was a fabulous weekend for him. He has to split the profits with his brother since he was an investor :lol:

Tomorrow I start house cleaning. Today, hubby wants to load up the truck with stuff to give to GoodWill or the Thrift Shop. So that means we need to clear out the attic and closets. I don't think we will get to all of it today.