Post subject: Weekend Reading Dec. 27-29
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:52 am 

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

I wish you all a very warm and prosperous new year and many days and nights of happy reading!!! Also good health!

I for one can't wait to say goodbye to 2013 and bring on 2014.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Santa bought you everything that you wanted.

I'm having lunch today with ex co-worker and tomorrow I'll playing cards with my friends. Sunday will be spent after going grocery shopping in the morning watching the Bears/Packer game. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Bears.

I'm currently reading Officer and the Secret by Jeanette Murray...so far so good. I read the new novella by Kat Martin...Against the Heart which she sets us up for her new series and How To Tame a Fireman by Jennifer Bernard.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Dec. 27-29
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:02 am 

Happy weekend and Happy early New Years!

Like Dani, I cannot wait to leave 2013 behind me. It was, without a doubt, the worst year of my life. But...in many ways it was also really good. I've started learning a lot about myself and pray that that self-knowledge works to help make 2014 a better year.

I started reading Wild Man by Kristen Ashley last night. So far so good. I loved Mystery Man, which I finished late yesterday afternoon (after not working nearly as hard as I should have yesterday because I was sucked into that book!!!). I expect that I'll finish it this weekend and move on to Law Man. I've been looking at Kristen Ashley's site and I think I might have to read the Rock Chick books and the haunted castle type books. They look really good. GLOM TIME!

I'm planning to knock off work a little early today, go get a mani-pedi with my mom and have some girl time, and then tomorrow I'm SHOPPING! I have gift cards to spend and a sweater top from Loft that I need to exchanged, and I need to buy gifts for Chuck's family's gift exchange on Sunday. So we'll be headed to Victoria for his family Christmas either late Saturday night, or early Sunday morning.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:29 pm 

I agree with you both, I will have no trouble waving goodbye to 2013.

I'm working today and Saturday, but any home time will be spent reading. I'm finishing Fool's Gold Christmas, it's a good read, but I've been so tired with holiday stuff that I have fallen asleep after few pages.

Happy 2014 to you all...I wish you peace, good health and lots of great reads.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:02 pm 

Seems we have something going here, as I am very happy to be waving goodbye to 2013 as well.

I finished up my 2013 book lists yesterday, got the 2014 ready to go. I finished the second Lacey Baker book Just Like Heaven, and really enjoyed them a lot. Currently reading Her Forgotten Betrayal, by Anna DeStefano, which is really good. I have a few other books by her on my Kindle, and also bought 7 others in the last week by various other authors so I am at no loss for reading. I may hit the Kirsten Ashley series too, as everyone says they are so good.

Here is wishing you all a marvelous, relaxing, healthy, and peaceful 2014!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:12 pm 

I'm hosting my inlaws Christmas party tomorrow night and I can't wait until Sunday. I know we'll have fun and I love my inlaws but my back is still aching and all I want to do is relax. I think the tension is making it worse. I have just about everything done but I do take time to sit down and read for stress relief. I'm reading Never Trust a Pirate by Anne Stuart (second in the Russell family series). I love it. The hero has a hoop earring, dark curly hair and a wicked grin -- what's not to like! After that I've got Janet Evanovich's 20 book looking at me and I'm not looking forward to it.

Happy 2014 everyone!

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:54 pm 

Happy New Year Everyone! I'm not sure how much reading I'll get done in the next few days, we're heading out for a few days in San Francisco, should be back in time for the New Year, maybe!
I'll take my kindle along and may just stick with a couple of classics, Jane Eyre sounds good, I'm in the mood for an old favorite! :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:14 pm 

L.C. wrote:
Happy New Year Everyone! I'm not sure how much reading I'll get done in the next few days, we're heading out for a few days in San Francisco, should be back in time for the New Year, maybe!
I'll take my kindle along and may just stick with a couple of classics, Jane Eyre sounds good, I'm in the mood for an old favorite! :D

San Francisco is a great city! I'd like to visit it again.

I've been trying to get more reading in now that my dad is much better and Christmas is ended.

I'm reading Along Came Trouble by Ruthie Knox.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:59 pm 

Happy New Year Everyone!

Ameliad - Let me know what you think of the Ruthie Knox book. I've been hearing a lot of good things about this author.

This week I read Sleep With the Lights On by Linda Howard. Thought it was pretty good. Today I read The Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh. I usually love her Christmas stories, but this one was just OK for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:05 pm 

Reading Lick by Kylie Scott

Happy New Year Everyone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:19 am 

Good luck to your Bears Dani. It's an important game for playoffs. I'll be rooting for you!

I probably won't be doing any book reading just magazines. We have a soccer party to attend Saturday night with most of the day doing chores and gift returns.
Sunday it'll be church with football. Go Broncos!

Happy New Year! May you all be blessed with good health, peace and happiness.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:43 am 

Robin in PA wrote:
Happy New Year Everyone!

Ameliad - Let me know what you think of the Ruthie Knox book. I've been hearing a lot of good things about this author.

This week I read Sleep With the Lights On by Linda Howard. Thought it was pretty good. Today I read The Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh. I usually love her Christmas stories, but this one was just OK for me.

I've never heard of Sleep with the Lights On by Linda Howard.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:44 am 

ameliad wrote:
L.C. wrote:

I've been trying to get more reading in now that my dad is much better and Christmas is ended.

Let me know about Ruthie Knox too. She's on my radar but I haven heard much detail.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:50 am 

kylebmac wrote:
ameliad wrote:
L.C. wrote:

Let me know about Ruthie Knox too. She's on my radar but I haven heard much detail.

Me too!!!!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:30 pm 

I am just chilling out after a whirlwind of a Christmas! As I was at my mother-in-law's house helping her get her tree down, Hubby and sons were at our house getting our tree down.....only problem....I know they didn't get all my ornaments off the tree and threw the whole tree in the fire pit with some of my ornaments still on the tree!!

I finished up reading The Professional by Kresley Cole...wow! What a book! I am so glad the 2nd book is out Jan 6th! I am going to start on The Hunted by Karen Robards.

Oldest son is working this weekend, youngest son is coming home today from New Orleans with his girlfriend, her family and her dogs. I love it when there is a house full of dogs and both sons are at home. We have about 5 dogs and one cat and 2 more dogs that will be staying with us for a few days.

We are hosting our son's girlfriend's family on Monday. We will be going to the Music City Bowl (Ole Miss vs Georgia Tech) Girlfriend will be dancing/cheering for Ole Miss. It is her last game ever. So we got a box at the Titan's field to celebrate her last game with her family. It will be fun. Cold and snowing, but fun. I love her family and we always have a blast.

Good bye and good riddance to 2013....to much of a rollercoaster drama for me. Hopefully 2014 will stay steady and good.

Everyone have a fun and SAFE New Years!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:10 pm 

Hi everyone. Can't believe that 2013 has wound down and 2014 is ready to begin! Does time just fly by when you are older and more conscious of it???? Here is hoping 2014 is a much better year for everyone.
My dd and family are up in Allentown visiting the other grandparents and I again have the pleasure (?) of feeding Debbie Dougherty, Maura's dwarf frog. It is about as big as your finger tip and eats about a flake of food a day. Oh joy!

I have to keep a good check on the house because they were robbed a couple of weeks ago. Very strange, just Sam's play station stuff, $50 from his room, and my son-in-law's ipad from work. The police figured the thieves got in through a basement door. They put all the stuff in a duffel bag Scott left in his bedroom.... filled with boy scout camping stuff. If I walked in and anything was going on.... I would probably have a heart attack!

I finally got some reading done... and am almost through with The 9th Victim by Tami Hoag (my 2nd try at it) and will probably pick up Chelsea Cains latest book I picked up from the library.

Have a great weekend everyone and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:04 pm 

kylebmac wrote:
Robin in PA wrote:
Happy New Year Everyone!

LOL. That's because I screwed up the name. It was Kiss Me While I Sleep by Linda Howard. Last week I read Sleep With the Lights On by Maggie Shayne.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:42 am 

Robin in PA wrote:
kylebmac wrote:
Robin in PA wrote:
Happy New Year Everyone!

LOL. That's because I screwed up the name. It was Kiss Me While I Sleep by Linda Howard. Last week I read Sleep With the Lights On by Maggie Shayne.

I messed mine up too!!! It is the 9th Girl, not 9th Victim. lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:46 am 

Happy New Year! Wow, I can't believe I'm saying that already. Weren't we just getting ready for 2013? This past year has definitely gone fast.
The weather here has been in the 40s. But, by New Year's Eve, it's going to be around 29. I feel bad for those people ringing in the new year in Times Square. But I'll be snug and cozy at my cousin's house.

Earlier this past week, I didn't have much time to read. I was so busy with Christmas. I did a reread of A Little Bit Sinful by Adrienne Basso. What would have normally taken me a few hours to read, took me a few days. Well, I definitely made up for it the past couple of days. I read 4 books in 2 days. I read Her Husband's Harlot , Her Wanton Wager, Her Protector's Pleasure by Grace Callaway and Led Astray by Sandra Brown. Really liked them all. I needed a tissue for a couple of them. Now, I have no idea what to read next.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!