Post subject: Kristen Ashley
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:29 pm 

Well, I finally took the plunge. I just finished reading Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley and I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! I have my Nook upstairs, charging, OUT OF SIGHT so I don't start the next book yet! I have work to do! And I need to run today.

I'll be starting Wild Man soon. Like in about 2 or 3 hours.

Post subject: Re: Kristen Ashley
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:04 pm 

I have this series on my Kindle too, and that may be the book to kick off 2014 for me. Gotta start out HOT so I read more in 2014. My TBR pile keeps growing, and books read declining - have to put a stop to that!!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:37 am 

Just finished Wild Man. Will be starting Law Man later. Definitely start the year with these.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:11 pm 

I have read Knight, Sweet Dreams and Motorcycle Man. Really liked all three. She writes a different kind of book than I normally like--I usually do not like 1st person, and sometimes it takes a bit of getting use to the alpha, alpha males and the way they express themselves (I like to know what the men are thinking) But for some reason, her books draw me in. I will have to check out this Mystery Man.

Kyle---I think you would really like The Professional by Kresley Cole---another 1st person and very hot and erotic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:18 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
I have read Knight, Sweet Dreams and Motorcycle Man. Really liked all three. She writes a different kind of book than I normally like--I usually do not like 1st person, and sometimes it takes a bit of getting use to the alpha, alpha males and the way they express themselves (I like to know what the men are thinking) But for some reason, her books draw me in. I will have to check out this Mystery Man.

Kyle---I think you would really like The Professional by Kresley Cole---another 1st person and very hot and erotic.

I'll have to put it on my list. I'm on Motorcycle Man now. I love these guys. My hubby has to work tomorrow on New Years day so other than taking down Christmas I plan to read all day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:11 pm 

Should the Dream Man series be read in order? I see the third book in the series, Law Man, is on sale at Amanzon for .99 cents. Thought I'd give it a try since I hear so much about her on these boards, but I hate reading a series out of order.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:08 pm 

Robin in PA wrote:
Should the Dream Man series be read in order? I see the third book in the series, Law Man, is on sale at Amanzon for .99 cents. Thought I'd give it a try since I hear so much about her on these boards, but I hate reading a series out of order.

Robin I think you should read them in order. I really should have read the Rock Chick books first because there are a lot of crossover characters from Rock Chick to Dream Man to Chaos. However, if you don't want to read EIGHT (I think) Rock Chick books first, at least read the Dream Man series in order: Mystery Man, Wild Man, Law Man and Motorcycle Man. Then you can move into Chaos immediately because those two books (so far) are direct offshoots of Motorcycle Man. Own the Wind is about Motorcycle Man's daughter, and Fire Inside is about Motorcycle Man's heroine's best friend.

They are all pretty cheap too. I think I got all of them for under $4 each on my Nook.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:15 pm 

They are all quite reasonably priced, and I am going back to start out with the Rock Chick series. I have only read the first Dream Man, but there are a lot of characters, it's an interesting "community" and I want in from the beginning! But then again, I'm pretty anal about starting a series at the beginning.

That's why my TBR is totally out of control. And I wanted to cry last night, when I finally sat down with my new digital RT for Feb. and read about Jill Shalvis ending Lucky Harbor after book # 12. ***sniff*** :cry: Totally love that series!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:39 pm 

If any of you guys just want to try KA out with a less expensive group of books, try her older titles that are only 99 cents at Amazon (Kindle version):

Lacybourne Manor
Sommersgate House
Penmort Castle
Lucky Stars

You have to access her Amazon page to find these though. She's gaining a lot of steam so most of her e-books are beginning to increase a bit in price, seems to me. Worth it, imo.

http://www.amazon.com/Kristen-Ashley/e/B002D68GBY/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1388892994&sr=8-2-ent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:30 am 

Thanks for the info, Kyle, Teri & Trudy. I"m off to Amazon to check out her books...like I really need more books. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:23 pm 

I have read Kristen Ashley books out of order and they are still great...however, I agree, you should read in order for the whole effect since the same characters spill over. I would like to start the Rock Chick series in order.

My first KA book was Knight---whew---so hot and steamy it will melt your clothes off and give you hot flashes :lol: Then my second book was Motorcycle Man...again, very steamy, then Sweet Dreams---which really was a good love story. I just last night finished Law Man---which I believe is one of her best--made me laugh and cry....so I am still riding that high.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm 

I have a question for you all. I have heard a ton about Kristen Ashley. It seems that you either love her or not. So here is my question. I love alpha male books but not mean alpha males. I don't like my romances too hot - I mean just the basics please. I also do not like a lot of cussing. So based on this limited info, do you guys think I would like her and what is the best book to start with? Thanks.

P.S. Some of my favorite authors are Mary Balogh, Lisa Kleypas, Linda Howard, Courtney Milan, older Karen Robards, and older Julia Quinn. I also love the old HP romances.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:44 pm 

tessaboo---honestly, probably not your cup of tea.

Yet, I don't want to dissuade you on reading her series because some of her series...either Colorado or the Burg, are probably tame compared to Dream Man or her erotica series starting with Knight. But if you are offended by or don't like cussing (F-words and a few S-words) then this may not be for you. The males are very alpha and sometimes in some books borderline jerks at times..they are not mean or cruel. They, for me, portray how men reason and respond to women. It takes some getting use to the way she writes...first person and the males don't bleed their hearts out and gush over the women....however they do reveal their hearts in their own masculine way. Sometimes, I want to slap the men for being such jerks in that moment, but then a lot of men in real life are good men but have their jerk moments. And for every jerk moment, there is a very loyal and protective loving moment. And the characters grow and learn about love.

And the sex is steamy/hot in all the books that I have read so far. Anything from Knight's 50 Shade type to Law Man's very steamy.

Imagine what you think a biker guy or a real bad a$$ guy would act like. Definitely not your Beta guy. They are very masculine, loyal and protective.

Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:43 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
tessaboo---honestly, probably not your cup of tea.

Yet, I don't want to dissuade you on reading her series because some of her series...either Colorado or the Burg, are probably tame compared to Dream Man or her erotica series starting with Knight. But if you are offended by or don't like cussing (F-words and a few S-words) then this may not be for you. The males are very alpha and sometimes in some books borderline jerks at times..they are not mean or cruel. They, for me, portray how men reason and respond to women. It takes some getting use to the way she writes...first person and the males don't bleed their hearts out and gush over the women....however they do reveal their hearts in their own masculine way. Sometimes, I want to slap the men for being such jerks in that moment, but then a lot of men in real life are good men but have their jerk moments. And for every jerk moment, there is a very loyal and protective loving moment. And the characters grow and learn about love.

And the sex is steamy/hot in all the books that I have read so far. Anything from Knight's 50 Shade type to Law Man's very steamy.

Imagine what you think a biker guy or a real bad a$$ guy would act like. Definitely not your Beta guy. They are very masculine, loyal and protective.

Just my opinion.

I agree. I wouldn't want to tell anyone not to read something but if you're really offended by language, etc...well, Kristen Ashley is NOT Julia Quinn or anything like it.

The only thing I can think of that's even close with the authors you named was Derek from Lisa Kleypas' Dreaming of You. He was pretty jerky but turned out great. So think Derek on steroids with lots of language and then decide.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 pm 

Speaking of Mystery Man, it's on sale for .99 on Amazon. Yes, it is now on my kindle!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:53 pm 

ameliad wrote:
Speaking of Mystery Man, it's on sale for .99 on Amazon. Yes, it is now on my kindle!!

SWEET!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:58 pm 

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I think I am going to pass on these books. I think the language would bug me the most out of everything. This is probably a good thing though as I have a ton of books waiting to be read!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:03 pm 

Ok Kyle---I am in big trouble now....just found that Kristen Ashley's books Law Man, Wild Man, Mystery Man and Own the Wind are on audiobook from I-tunes. I have checked them out and the narrator is great. Only $17 each to download--which is good compared to $30 for other author's books. Problem---I want all of them! $68!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:25 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
Ok Kyle---I am in big trouble now....just found that Kristen Ashley's books Law Man, Wild Man, Mystery Man and Own the Wind are on audiobook from I-tunes. I have checked them out and the narrator is great. Only $17 each to download--which is good compared to $30 for other author's books. Problem---I want all of them! $68!

I have never really listened to audio books but I keep thinking that I might try one while I'm running.