Post subject: The Professional by Kresley Cole
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:46 am 

I just saw this on Amazon. It sounds interesting...Russian kidnapping/body guard with a bit of romance....I think of the movie Taken with lots of steamy romance. I love Kresley even when some of her books have been mediocre. Anyone heard of this one?

I believe it is a series. I just hope The Professional 2 is close behind....I hate waiting on a series.

Post subject: Re: The Professional by Kresley Cole
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:16 am 

It is a serial and all three books will be released this month. I just started it this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:59 pm 

Let me know what you think...I may download it to my kindle.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:29 pm 

Oh my. I am only 50% in while trying to read it in the break room at lunch and I was burning up. It's a scorcher *fans herself* and I had to put it away :oops: So far it is written in first person POV, which I normally do not like, but I have no complaints so far :D I can't wait to get off work and finish it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:27 pm 

Thanks for the heads up... I am so into these kinds of heroes at the moment.

have you read The Last Hitman and Killing Sarai?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 pm 

Yea! I am definitely downloading it. Been searching for a great steamy book to get me out of this slump.

Give us a teaser Oliva! Is it sex, sex and more sex or is there a real romance with lots of sexual tension? 1st person POV isn't really what I like, but is it like 50 Shades hot?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 pm 

It's sex but its also has a plot. I am a big fan of KC, but some of the phrases that she uses repeat them-self. If you read her IAD you will understand. Also because I am fluent in Russian, some of the Russian slang that she used took me out of the story, but overall it's a good first part of the story. The only author who can do a very good Russian phrases and slang is Ilona Andrews, but I guess it's a given since she is also fluent in Russian.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:12 pm 

It's sex but its also has a plot. I am a big fan of KC, but some of the phrases that she uses repeat them-self. If you read her IAD you will understand. Also because I am fluent in Russian, some of the Russian slang that she used took me out of the story, but overall it's a good first part of the story. The only author who can do a very good Russian phrases and slang is Ilona Andrews, but I guess it's a given since she is also fluent in Russian.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:29 pm 

Downloaded it...can't wait to read it. It will be my treat to start tomorrow...today I have been killing myself cleaning house...I ache all over.

I take it that this is not a paranormal but a contemporary book? I love her wit, banter, and humor between the main characters in her paranormals..so hopefully it carries over into these books.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:14 pm 

Started it, not far in, but already.... looking forward to next few days to finish it.

Thanks again for the heads up! *mwah*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:06 am 

Ended in a cliffhanger (of course) and the next book isn't out until Jan 6th and then the last part is Jan 20th.

It was all first person POV :| and did ring of 50 shades in a way. KC is just such a better writer, comparing her to 50 shades is a joke.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:35 pm 

Just finished reading it...loved it. My only problem with it was that it was too short..too quick of a read. Also, (spoiler here) the cliffhanger could have been timed better...I mean, who decides to do a cliffhanger right before a potential sexual encounter. I was hoping that the cliffhanger would involve a break-up...make you wonder if they were ever going to get back together.

Thank God we don't have to wait too long for the second book.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:20 pm 

Ok I'm on this. I have to wait for all three though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:55 am 

So I finished the second book about an hour ago and I still can't sleep :oops: Oh my. This one is a scorcher indeed! Uh, no teasing this time around. Of course the end is a just as bad of a cliffhanger as the first one!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:12 pm 

Just purchased part 1 and part 2 and preordered part 3. I'll be ready to read it when it comes out!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:51 pm 

Oliva---just downloaded it today. I am right in the middle of Kristen Ashley's Law Man..which is good, but I may have to put it on hold in order to read Professional 2. Can't wait!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
I am right in the middle of Kristen Ashley's Law Man..which is good, but I may have to put it on hold in order to read Professional 2.

Sacrilege!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28 am 

So true Kyle :lol: If I were smart and not so impulsive when it comes to good books, I would finish reading Kristen Ashley's Law Man---I really love it...very funny....by then, The Professional 3 will be out and I can read both 2&3.

I know me and my instant gratification when it comes to books.... I may just have to read both Law Man and Professional 2 at the same time :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:37 pm 

I just can't read two books at once. But I was thinking about that today. I became a devoted Nook reader and I wondered how that happened. It happened because I want instant gratification on my reading. For instance. I purchased Mystery Man. Half way through, probably at midnight, I bought the other three books in the series. Half way through Motorcycle Man, again, probably at midnight, I purchased Own the Wind and Fire Inside. I like knowing that if I am reading something by an author I like, that I can have the next book right away. Also, I like knowing I don't have to run to the book store on release day and search and hope my store has the books I want.

I do like reading a series all in a row so I will wait until part three comes out for the Professional and then I'll read them all in a row.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:15 pm 

Well now I am in a pickle on what to do...I just finished Law Man and still riding that high (great book---made me laugh and cry). I am thinking of either re-reading Professional 1 before reading Professional 2...Or...I am so tempted to read Mystery Man and Wild Man and wait until Professional 3 comes out so I can read 2&3 back to back..Gosh! I knew this would happen once I read Kristen Ashley....like eating Lays potato chips---can't stop at just one!!