Post subject: Weekend Reading Dec. 13-15
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:34 am 

Hi Everyone!

Hope for those of us who celebrate Christmas are slowing getting ready or are ready. My out of town gifts went in the mail on Monday and cards were sent out last week.

No plans this weekend just going to relax. I'm hitting my favorite store today Von Maur with a friend, she wants to get a couple of more Christmas gifts. Then I am free to stay in and read cause it was cold here.

Kyle, I enjoyed Hot Pursuit for me it was just as good as the first book. I also read Sweet Revenge by Rebecca Zanetti. Excellent book. Looking forward to the next book in this series. Up next the new Shannon Stacy book. I didn't realize that the Shirlee Busbee book was a reissued until I started it!!!!!

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Keep warm!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Dec. 13-15
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 am 

Happy weekend!

Oh Christmas....well...I haven't bought much of anything yet. But we're keeping it light this year, and I already bought the boys new cell phones for their main Christmas present.

Dani, I'm planning to read Hot Pursuit next after I finish what I'm reading now.

I'm still on a pretty good roll reading wise. I finished Fatal Strike earlier this week, and right now I'm reading True by Laurann Dohner, which is New Species #11. I read a review by this lady who says that they are all exactly the same but it doesn't matter. They're like chips. You know they're not filling, and they're bad for you but you can't stop. LOL! I feel exactly the same about New Species.

Everyone have a lovely weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:37 am 

I've not been reading much lately with my Dad being in the hospital. I also had to finish the semester with my classes and I'm completing recording grades today.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:46 am 

I am FINALLY going to decorate my Christmas tree that has been up for almost a week. Today, I plan on decorating...yesterday, I cleaned house like a mad woman. I think I am going to put on Christmas Vacation while I decorate...get me in the spirit...Lord knows I need help. Thank goodness I have all my Christmas shopping done, now if I can just keep hubby from doing his last minute spending...cause we don't need any more gifts!

Hubby's birthday is tomorrow. He and our son will be going hunting. So maybe we will celebrate Sunday night.

I need to get my hands on a really good Christmas romance....any good ones out this season???

For some reason, this season has been busy and stressful. Lots of family issues..drama...between my siblings. There are days when I wish my immediate family could fly off to a mountain in Montana away from in-laws and relatives and live a peaceful life. Whew! Or be a bunch of beach bums! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:13 pm 

Christmas is coming fast ... or I'm just really slow this year.
I'm reading The Christmas He Loved Her and Sleigh Bells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan.

I'm off this weekend, so I hope to stay in from the cold and indulge in Christmas movies and books.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:07 pm 

Ahh, just took my clothes off and in my jammies. I don't plan on doing a thing tonight or tomorrow. I am going to try to finish Stranded by Alex Kava and put up my little tree. My gd Abby wants to stay over and I said ok, but we are just going to watch Hallmark Movies, read, and play a little bit on the computer. I just finished Christmas shopping except for my sisters Steeler Wallet and I am going to relax. I still have to wrap, but I always leave that to last minute.

I had a bit of a stressful week. It wasn't a disaster, but unexpected things kept on turning up. I just wasn't prepared. I am planning our Christmas party at the Senior Center and so far I have 17 coming. Good, that covers the entertainment and part of the cakes. We are going to celebrate November and Decembers birthdays on the day of our party, so I am going to order two cakes.

I had to sort of reprimand two of my favorites seniors yesterday and I felt awful. They are both in late 80's, have known each other since kindergarten and fight like cats and dogs. Everyone else is getting fed up. So, during one of their little arguements, I went in and said, very nicely, geez louise, are you two married or what????!!! that made them laugh, but then, I told them they had to be respectful of other peoples feelings. They calmed down, but, I felt like I had an upset stomach, because I hate to have to reprimand anyone. Of course I will get over it and I am sure they will go at it again.

well, I am going to go down and turn on the news, then just chillax with my doggy before Abby comes up.
Have a great weekend everyone and happy reading.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:47 pm 

I forgot to add to my list that I'm reading the newest M L Buchman book -- Take Over At Midnight! It's good so far.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:40 pm 

kinda in a reading slump; have started quite a few books but haven't got past the first 20 or so pages

time for re-reads but which author hmmmm.......

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:40 pm 

Hi All,

JaniceC, I know what you mean about the reading slump. Two weeks ago I thought I'd read the new Caroline Linden historical and didn't read anything for two weeks. I cannot recall ever not reading a book for so long.

Started reading to my Mom a few days ago...

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

He was in a car accident in 1989 and was pronounced dead at the scene for 90 minutes.

Went Christmas shopping yesterday and found not one thing that I had in mind for certain people. Hopefully next week will be better.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:41 am 

I'm reading David Baldacci's A Christmas Train. After that I have Innocence by Dean Koontz and the next one in Anne Stuart's series that has Pirate in its title. I've been a goofy mood with my reading lately but this DB book is fabulous.

I've barely bought anything and I'm hosting my inlaws on the 28th. I finally got around to baking a bit today but I still have to ice the darn things. Tomorrow will get that done and hopefully the dough made for two more batches. I was going to buy a honey baked ham for my IL's but it would cost $100 for a whole ham -- scrap that idea. I think I'll make bbq (my DS calls my version sloppy joes but it's better than that). Lord knows when I'm going to clean. It's a good thing it's after Christmas.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:41 pm 

I'm going to try my hand at Diabetic Snickerdoodles today. That is after I made some BBQ Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts for a luncheon at work tomorrow.

This week I read Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr and Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt. Loved both of them. Now starting Sleep With the Lights On by Maggie Shayne.