Post subject: Weekend Reading Nov, 29 - Dec 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:38 am 

Wiow, Christmas is right around the corner and I am not ready.

I do hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Today husband and I are bonding...he's going to be upstairs on his laptop playing his newest game and I'm going to be downstairs in the family room reading. Going out early Saturday morning to do some Christmas shopping and on Sunday my friends are coming over to play cards. We are deep frying another turkey for them.

I had a good week for reading....I read all three books in Elaine Levine's Red Team series....loved them. I'm currently reading the new Sarah MacLean book - No Good Duke Goes Unpunished....it's starting out slow for me.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Nov, 29 - Dec 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:41 am 

Hi All,

The counter is at 257 views as I post this.

I think this is the book I'll read this weekend...

Love and Other Scandals by Caroline Linden (8/13)
1822, London

Hope you all have a great weekend.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:10 pm 

Happy weekend all! Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Things went well at my mom and dads house, but I'm glad this Thanksgiving is behind us. My aunt was in town and I really enjoyed spending time with her. Today I'm sitting at my desk while the maid cleans. Chuck and Rob are at work, and Garrett is being his usual 14 year old bummy self! 8)

I decided I was going to work a little today so I could just hang and enjoy the rest of my weekend. In fact, I might put my tree up on Saturday and work on another project that's been haunting my office for a year or more! :shock:

I also plan to get a good bit of reading in this weekend since it's been so long since I really just devoted myself to it. I finished Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren this morning. I don't know what it is about her writing and this series but I just really love it. I don't normally like first person, but the way she does it by going back and forth between him and her chapter by chapter just pulls me in. And so I realized that I missed a novella between this book and Beautiful Stranger. AND there's a new final novella that just came out last week. So my goal this weekend is to read Beautiful Bombshell and Beautiful Beginning. Bombshell is about all of them I think, in Las Vegas, before Will meets Hanna (in Beautiful Player); and Beginning is Bennett and Chloe's wedding. I believe it's supposed to be the last in the series.

Sunday I'm headed to the Texans who host New England. I'm going but to be honest, knowing how badly we're probably going to get killed...I'd rather be home watching with Chuck.

Everyone have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:42 am 

I picked up from the library the first book in the new Nora Roberts trilogy -- Dark Witches or something like that. I haven't hear many good reviews so we'll see. how it turns out. I don't plan on doing anything this week other than putting up my tree and other decorations. After that I'll start looking online for things I want to buy for Christmas presents. I don't have too many to buy for so I'm not too worried. DH and I will probably get new phones for each other since ours are both from the Dark Ages. I think we'll break down and get the internet on them but not the latest Iphones. Something a lot cheaper. I actually could live without the internet but if you want a phone with all the bells and whistles that's what you have to get.

I got the "list" Danielle and that's another thing I'll be working on this weekend. Tomorrow I intend to sleep in to -- maybe 9 (that's really late for me!)

Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. Fill your glass again, with a merry face and contented heart. Our life on it, but your Christmas shall be merry, and your new year a happy one! -- Dickens

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:01 am 

I'm so confused as to what day it is. Starting my days off on a Thursday has really thrown me.

Kyle - Glad your Thanksgiving went well.

Last night I finished To the Edge by Cindy Gerard. I thought it was just OK. I've heard the series gets better, so I'll definitely read another.

Now I've started Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong. Liking it so far.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:00 pm 

Reading A Lady Never Lies by Juliana Gray

Putting up the Christmas tree and decorating the house. Fortunately, I have my daughter home from college to help me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:46 pm 

I didn't have a chance to read much this week. We had Thanksgiving at my house this year, so my mom and I were busy preparing the house and menu. It turned out to be a good Thanksgiving with lots of food and homemade wine :D

I did all of Christmas cards for the Christmas card/bookmark exchange. They are ready to go and will be mailed on Monday. Plus I'm doing a Secret Santa book exchange on PBS so that package will be ready to go as well.

Right now I'm rereading The Duke Next Door by Celeste Bradley.

Have a great weekend everyone :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:42 pm 

Just started Hostage by Kay Hooper.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:09 am 

My sister in law and my nephew came in for Thanksgiving. It was pretty nice.
I had book club today at the Muddy Cup and we all liked the book. The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. A book about baseball and a lot of drama thrown in. Pretty good read, especially if you are a baseball fan.
The guys went hunting and it is a girls weekend. We are just laying around talking and enjoying ourselves.
Same goes for Sunday.
Have a great weekend everyone and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:56 pm 

All the reading I did this weekend was People magazine sexiest man alive---Adam Levine :)

My sons and hubby went hunting, so I was by myself. I was cleaning out closets, giving things away to charity and making out a Christmas list. I did rent Hunger Games last night...it was good.