Post subject: Weekend Reading Nov. 22-24
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:10 am 

Happy Friday!

I hope everyone had a good week.

I had a wonderful time with Teri and her friend Sue.....I have to admit that we shopped till we dropped. I have some errands to run this weekend and then it's on to watching football and reading. I'm going to try to start my Christmas shopping today!

I didn't get much reading in....I did read the new Jaci Burton novella...Holiday Games, it was a good read. I'm currently reading the new Jennifer Haymore book -- The Rogue's Proposal. After that I'm thinking of reading an Elaine Levine book...Tisa recommended.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

For those of us who celebrate Thanksgiving this Thrusday!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Nov. 22-24
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:27 am 

Happy early Thanksgiving!

Once again things have calmed down for the time being. Chuck came home on Friday last week, and started a new job on Monday. He's selling cars at a big dealership here in Houston. He seems to like it although he's not sure about the hours yet. He also reached out to my parents last weekend before he started his job and went over and had a long conversation with them about what had been happening and how he knows when he's using he's out of control. From what I can tell, he hasn't used since he came home a week ago. He's been told he cannot be at our home and use, whether that's using somewhere else and coming home or using at home. The job situation seems to have focused him some as well.

I never started Beautiful Player last week. Instead I started In the Principal's Office by Jasmine Haynes. It's pretty good, very hot...but it's gone on a little too long. It's starting to wrap up now and I expect to finish it tonight and start something else. I'll either start the next in the series, The Naughty Corner or I'll go ahead and start Beautiful Player.

I've been listening to a great Christmas station on Radio.com on my phone. It's a Boston station and they don't really play much of the "new" Christmas music. It's all pretty much traditional stuff. I like that. I'm a traditional kind of girl when it comes to my Christmas music. I'm looking forward to this weekend, I need to clean house Saturday and then Sunday is rest day and football watching. Short week makes work kind of crazy this week but I always love Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to it as well.

Have a great weekend ladies, hope you're all well!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:04 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I'm so bummed that my injured foot kept me from the shop-a-thon with Dani and Teri.

I'm planning to read Jaci Burton's novella and finish Brenda Jackson's Mardaris Bride Christmas.

Still deciding if I will cook/or buy Thanksgiving dinner. But in any case I am looking forward to a few days off.

Hope you all have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving, Special shout out to Kyle, you deserve a great holiday.

Lynne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:34 pm 

Great news Kyle---keep celebrating one day of success at a time. I am very proud of you. I assume that your sons are doing fine also. Seems like work tends to focus hubby. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your hubby and sons.

It is raining and getting colder by the minute. I have to go turkey shopping for Thanksgiving since I am in charge of roasting the turkey. I am so ready for a vacay...I love the holidays but lots of work. Trying to catch a few moments of holiday spirit.

Dearest oldest son informed me he his having a big party tonight. Inviting 20 or so people. Can I pick up pizza and have it at home when he gets off work?? I can't get to mad for the last minute plans, he just celebrated his 24th birthday on Wed and now celebrating it tonight with his friends. Still, I know it will be an all nighter. At least I don't have to cook for 20!! Hubby is going to the local high school game with 4 other alumni dads. Not me...suppose to rain and get much colder.

My youngest son just got his pilots license to fly small planes. He is going to fly a couple of business men to Kentucky tomorrow. I am nervous because I don't know what the weather will be like. Although, one of the business men is also a pilot.

I need to start cleaning out my closets and also my stash of books. I may start that this weekend. No reading plans so far.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:24 pm 

Really? There are over ONE THOUSAND views and only three responses? Come on ladies, just leave a one liner about what you're reading!!

Eaglegirl...I would be nervous about the flying as well. It's very cold here. We got the front a little ahead of you guys. It's about 49 here which is considered cold in Houston by me and most others! I'm excited though. When I stop working in a bit, I'm going to light the fireplace, finish my book, and maybe sit in the hot tub in a bit while I make dinner. I am a little afraid to get too excited about things going well. Seems lately as soon as I do, they tank. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:31 pm 

kylebmac wrote:
Really? There are over ONE THOUSAND views and only three responses? Come on ladies, just leave a one liner about what you're reading!!

Eaglegirl...I would be nervous about the flying as well. It's very cold here. We got the front a little ahead of you guys. It's about 49 here which is considered cold in Houston by me and most others! I'm excited though. When I stop working in a bit, I'm going to light the fireplace, finish my book, and maybe sit in the hot tub in a bit while I make dinner. I am a little afraid to get too excited about things going well. Seems lately as soon as I do, they tank. :roll:

Omg I just saw that Kyle, over a 1.000 views. Ladies come on out and post we don't bite!

Kyle, nest wishes on Chuck's new job.

I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:33 pm 

Danielle wrote:
kylebmac wrote:

Omg I just saw that Kyle, over a 1.000 views. Ladies come on out and post we don't bite!

Kyle, nest wishes on Chuck's new job.

Thanks Dani. I'm starting to wonder if the counter is messed up on the website. Surely there are not over 1000 views and NO other responses??

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:40 pm 

Hi everyone.
I have the 9th Girl started by Tami Hoag and am not sure if I will get to it this weekend. Saturday is the day of my food certification test and I am a nervous wreck. I hate taking test. This is the 2nd and last Saturday for it. Yay!
I finished up my Senior newsletter and emailed it off to the printer, so that is another big worry off my mind. I did it at home because there is always something going on at the Center and it is hard to concentrate.
Kyle, one day at a time. Hope the job works out. I guess there is some pressure selling cars... but I think men like that kind of pressure and some even seem to thrive on it. You are all still in my prayers.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone and happy reading.

Like Kyle says, come and join us, even if it is only one sentence with the name of the book you are reading. That is how I got started after lurking for a long time. Now I look forward to what everyone is reading and if they are just going to lay around and read all weekend. My idea of the perfect weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:57 pm 

Finished my grocery shopping for the Thanksgiving holiday meal - except for last minute fresh items. I think everyone had the same idea as the grocery store was full of people - all in a festive mood though!

I'm still reading "Against the Mark" by Kat Martin. I've been reading this book in fits and starts, for weeks, and that probably accounts for my low interest in the story. I've enjoyed the other books in this series but this one is difficult for me.

Kyle, hope things continue to improve for you and your family. Maybe your husband has discovered what he must do to get back on track. Sometimes you just have to go all in and change your life habits.

Eaglegirl, I'm a finicky flyer so I understand your concern for your son's piloting a plane this weekend. I'm sure he is up to the task and everything will go fine.

Hope all of you have a nice Thanksgiving!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:12 pm 

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I just finished my Christmas Shopping for the UK side of my family, almost everyone here in the States is getting gift cards for Christmas as I bought actual presents for birthdays this year and like to alternate between the two. So it will be easy from this point on, except for gifts for hubby.
I've spent the week editing one of my books and my eyes feel a little crossed so we're off to the movies tonight as I need a break from my computer.
I'm not sure what I want to read this weekend, but I need a good laugh so I think I will look for a romantic comedy. A Regency sounds good, I'm looking through Julie Ann Long's books on my kindle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:37 pm 

reading Elaine Levine this weekend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:51 pm 

JaniceC wrote:

Which series are you reading her Red Team series?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:35 pm 

Had the day off work and went to a blood drive. It took forever to give blood because the Red Cross didn't bring enough people and they were also having equipment problems. Glad I took my kindle since I finished one book and made a big dent in another.

So far I finished Tessa Dare's A Night to Surrender and absolutely loved it. Then I read a Rizzoli & Isles short story called Freaks. (Glad it was free) Now I'm reading On Thin Ice by Anne Stuart. This one is the last in her Ice series and my favorite by far.

Not sure what I'll start after this one. I'm thinking either Come the Spring by Julie Garwood, or Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:37 pm 

Danielle wrote:
JaniceC wrote:

Which series are you reading her Red Team series?

Yes, on the last book released for that series. Then will start the westerns

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:59 pm 

I've got a stiff neck, literally. I think it came about becaue my aches and it throws my whole body off. I've decided to use chinet for Thanksgiving rather than good china because I don't want to spend too much time cleaning and standing -- it's going to be hard enough as it is if my back doesn't improve.

One step at a time Kyle. I'm still sending prayers.

I started Wish you Well by David Baldacci because my brother has been nagging me to read it. It's different than the usual DB -- it's supposedly inspirational. Plus it's set in the Appalachians which is a plus for me.

I have no plans for the weekend other than to make my cranberry-apple-walnut relish for Turkey Day. It beats that jelly stuff in a can any day. Love it.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:14 am 

I am reading The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn and am really enjoying it. I have a few others of her books too.
I hope to read A Small Town Thanksgiving by Marie Ferrarella, a book in her series- Forever, Texas. this is the only thanksgiving book i have to read this season.
Everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving. I am truly thankful for all of you on this board.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:16 am 

Now it's over 2200 views on this post. the counter can't be working.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:05 am 

Hi All,

The counter says 3067 as I post this, for those watching the numbers.

Reading now...

A Woman Entangled by Cecilia Grant (6/13)
[Blackshear - 3]
The first two books in this series were A- and A+ but I'm thinking it is the heroine in this one that's turning me off. I keep picking it up and putting it back down. Hopefully, she will be more likeable by the ending.

When I count my blessings, the Ladies of RT are ever present. May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

Last edited by Janie on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:14 am 

I decided to read a historical. I haven't read one in ages. One Night with a Rake by Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:29 pm 

I am going to read THE SUM OF ALL KISSES by Julia Quinn next. She was an auto-buy for me for years, but not so much anymore.

We are joining our daughter in Atlanta for Thanksgiving and will eat out. My husband calls it "stacked" food. Other daughter and family will be with in-laws.

I am so thankful for all of you. I count my blessings everyday. This time last year my husband was very ill. His cancer is in remission for now. We take each day as it comes.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!