Post subject: Weekend Reading Nov. 15-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:55 am 

Happy Weekend!!!!!

Hope everyone had a good week! I'm so excited Teri P is coming down to see me for a few days!! WOO HOO Half Price Books and Von Maur here we come. Can't wait.

I'm currently reading the new Pamela Clare book -- very good so far and earlier I read Once A Seal by Anne Elizabeth. Yes, I'm still on a romantic suspense kick. Also read a cute novella by Stephanie Sloane....One Perfect Christmas. Also Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis....I love her Animal Magnetism series. I don't know how much reading I'll get in this weekend so

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Nov. 15-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:01 am 

Hi everyone,
Glad it is the start of the weekend. Had a hectic week. Just need a little time off. Well, at least I get today and Sunday. I have to go to a food certification class from 8:30 to 4 this Saturday and then finish up next Saturday. It is a two day thing and the 2nd Sat. is a test. I hate tests... but I need this because Senior Ctr. serves food. My chef is going with me.
Not sure what reading I will get in this weekend. I have a couple of books to pick from and they are both serial killer books, and I think I need to read some fluff before I start those two books. I am going to go through my TBR pile and see what I can come up with.
Danielle, have fun with Teri P.
have a great weekend everyone and happy reading.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:16 am 

I've been reading Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich. Evidently she's Janet Evanovich's niece or something. It's cute but I was confused and thought it was by JE not SE when I got it. Cute story though...kind of a Pygmalion story line about an overweight heroine who meets the hero (who's a trainer). He helps her lose weight and get her life back after her husband dies. If I finish this weekend, I may start Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren. It's the next in the Beautiful Bastard books.

Things are staying on a roller coaster for us here. Chuck has been moving from roach motel to roach motel, staying in relapse, for about 2 weeks now. He's almost stopped communicating with me completely and hasn't talked to the kids in weeks. He did get a job that he starts Monday, so I am praying he gets it together before then enough to rent an extended stay place, then I guess he'll get an apartment. I tried once more to talk him into a treatment center here in town that allows you to be in treatment, live on site, and still work but he refused. He said he would get it together himself but of course, he hasn't. I had to meet him at the bank to give him money, and then take his debit cards and credit cards away because he was just running through our money. I gave him cash but I'm sure he's run through that too already.

I started running this week, with a program on my phone that's supposed to help you and I like it so far. Everyone take care.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:46 am 

Danielle--I absolutely LOVE Pamela Clare. Her romance/suspense are very good. What is your favorite book of hers so far? I think mine is Unlawful Contact..love the story line.

Kyle...my heart goes out to you. Next time you see him...slap him really hard for me and ask him why can't he get his sh#t together! To me, and I am sure to you also, it is a no brainer....go back to rehab, as long as it takes, work hard for yourself and your family to be the man you are called to be! Sorry, he just makes me mad. I know too many people that throw their life away like that. Many prayers and hugs to you.

I love biographies. My mother-in-law gave me Charles Krauthammer's biography book....and a friend of mine just gave me Mike Tyson's biography---interesting choice, but I have always been fascinated with people that have bad childhoods and how they overcame their situations...or if they still wallow in their past.

This weekend, I am going to watch a little college football tomorrow. Sunday is suppose to storm here. I need to get my lazy butt up and do the last bit of yard work before winter.

Good weekend to all!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:22 pm 

Hugs Kyle, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Eagle girl, so my favorite so far is Skin Deep followed by Exterme Exposure.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:22 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
Danielle--I absolutely LOVE Pamela Clare. Her romance/suspense are very good. What is your favorite book of hers so far? I think mine is Unlawful Contact..love the story line.

Not that I need ANOTHER new author glom...but I might have to check her out.
EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
Kyle...my heart goes out to you. Next time you see him...slap him really hard for me and ask him why can't he get his sh#t together! To me, and I am sure to you also, it is a no brainer....go back to rehab, as long as it takes, work hard for yourself and your family to be the man you are called to be! Sorry, he just makes me mad. I know too many people that throw their life away like that. Many prayers and hugs to you.

LOL, believe me I feel like slapping the Sh*t out of him every time I see his face right now. I agree it's a no brainer for us...not so much for them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:48 pm 

kylebmac wrote:
EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:

Not that I need ANOTHER new author glom...but I might have to check her out.

Kyle - Definitely check out Pamela Clare's I-team series. I just picked up the newest book this week. Hope I can read it soon. My favorites are Breaking Point and Unlawful Contact, but the whole series is great.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:49 pm 

This week I finished Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Hoyt. I haven't had a lot of luck lately picking historical romances, but I enjoyed this one.

Now I'm reading All the Queen's Men by Linda Howard. How did this stay on my shelf so long?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:45 pm 

I'm working this weekend and then doing some big time organizing at the house. I just finished A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole. I tried to read it months ago and didn't like it. This time around I did - didn't love it, but the series has potential. I'm going to try to read Becoming Three and Quick to the Hunt by Cameron Dane this weekend. If I can I'm going to try to listen to a few audio books while cleaning. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:46 pm 

Robin in PA wrote:
Now I'm reading All the Queen's Men by Linda Howard. How did this stay on my shelf so long?

I love Medina! The book is one of my yearly rereads. I tried it in audio book this year and didn't like it as much. While the book rates at around a 3.5 for me storywise, I just love John Medina so much as a character I keep reading it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:24 pm 

anastacyann wrote:
Robin in PA wrote:

I love Medina! The book is one of my yearly rereads. I tried it in audio book this year and didn't like it as much. While the book rates at around a 3.5 for me storywise, I just love John Medina so much as a character I keep reading it.

I just finished it. Loved the whole book (4.5 Stars) and loved John Medina. What an interesting character.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:34 pm 

Not much reading time for me lately. Read my post about my dad.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:42 am 

Well, I have my bag packed, GPS updated in the car and am ready to head to Dani's! Can't wait to spend a few days with her & her wonderful hubby John. Retail therapy - Italian restaurants, huge book stores and just kicking back and chill laxin!

Reading wise, I am on Jill Shalvis book Rumor Has It. Slow start for me, but I"m too excited to get to Chicago rather than concentrate on reading. I do have Pamela Clare's last 2 books here to read too, and I do love her books. Excellent writer.

Kyle, I'm still keeping you in my prayers. Glad to hear you are sort of moving on, running and reading, doing a few things for yourself. I would like to knock Chuck alongside the head too, for not going back to treatment. I hope he has a come to Jesus moment here in the near future, before his family decides to bid him goodbye. Nothing worse that watching him go through this, and not being able to do anything about it. Stay strong Kyle, and know your friends are here for you.

Everyone have a marvelous weekend! I know I will!!! :wink:

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:08 pm 

Gosh Kyle, I wish I were there to give you some moral support. Even time by yourself to just relax. I'm praying your DH turns himself around. Here's hoping the job does the trick and he can stay sober enough to do a good job.

I'm still reading my Andrea Kane book -- going on 2 weeks now. I read the latest Whiskey Creek book by Brenda Novak in the middle of my plodding. I just can't get into this book but I don't really think it's the book. It's just me. My back has been killing me which has a lot to do with it. I wish I could say I've been working hard and that's what caused it but I think it's the fact that I'm out of shape and did more unusual exercise -- like sweeping all the pine needles off my driveway (big driveway!)

Right now I'm getting ready to go out and shop for stuff to make a wreath for Christmas. Beyond that, I'll probably watch Hunger Games tonight because nothing else is on (DVD).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:00 am 

anastacyann wrote:
Robin in PA wrote:

I usually don't like Italian men, but I would make an exception for John Medina!!!! Love him.

Kyle, still praying for your hubby. He will come around but he is taking the long route. The big dummy. Hang in there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:02 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:

I love biographies. My mother-in-law gave me Charles Krauthammer's biography book....and a friend of mine just gave me Mike Tyson's biography---interesting choice, but I have always been fascinated with people that have bad childhoods and how they overcame their situations...or if they still wallow in their past.

This weekend, I am going to watch a little college football tomorrow. Sunday is suppose to storm here. I need to get my lazy butt up and do the last bit of yard work before winter.

Good weekend to all!!

I'm reading "BossyPants" by Tina Fey. Have you read it? She's so funny. Love her bio. I'm not sure if it's true or not she's always cracking a joke.

Linda~ I just rewatched the "Hunger Games" to get ready for "Catching Fire" which comes out this weekend. Awesome!

Kyle~ Until you don't need them I'll always be praying for you and your family.

Danielle & Teri P. ~ Enjoy your time together! I'm sooo jealous.
Teri be safe on your long drive. Angels watch over you.

Aloha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:23 pm 

I will have to check out Tina Fey's book---I think she is so funny.