Post subject: The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:14 pm 

I'm so excited. Book 3 in the All Souls Trilogy now has a release date and can be pre-ordered from Amazon. It will be out on July 15. Whenever I see a date so far away I always think "I hope I live that long!". Here's the blurb from Amazon. For anyone who hasn't read A Discovery of Witches and Shadow of Night, I highly recommend them.

Quote:
The highly anticipated finale to the #1 New York Times bestselling trilogy that began with A Discovery of Witches

After traveling through time in Shadow of Night, the second book in Deborah Harkness’s enchant­ing series, historian and witch Diana Bishop and vampire scientist Matthew Clairmont return to the present to face new crises and old enemies. At Matthew’s ancestral home at Sept-Tours, they re­unite with the cast of characters from A Discovery of Witches—with one significant exception. But the real threat to their future has yet to be revealed, and when it is, the search for Ashmole 782 and its miss­ing pages takes on even more urgency. In the tril­ogy’s final volume, Harkness deepens her themes of power and passion, family and caring, past deeds and their present consequences. In ancestral homes and university laboratories, using ancient knowl­edge and modern science, from the hills of the Auvergne to the palaces of Venice and beyond, the couple at last learn what the witches discovered so many centuries ago.

With more than one million copies sold in the United States and appearing in thirty-eight foreign editions and translations, A Discovery of Witches and Shadow of Night have landed on all of the major bestseller lists and garnered rave reviews from countless publications. Eagerly awaited by Harkness’s legion of fans, The Book of Life brings this superbly written series to a deeply satisfying close.

Post subject: Re: The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:29 am 

OMG - thanks Linda...I can't wait to listen to it! I read the first book and then listened to it on audiobook; just bought the audiobook for the second book and skipped the hardback version.

I so hope this series would be made into movies :-)

Post subject: Re: The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:42 am 

CafeGirl wrote:
OMG - thanks Linda...I can't wait to listen to it! I read the first book and then listened to it on audiobook; just bought the audiobook for the second book and skipped the hardback version.

I so hope this series would be made into movies :-)

Me too!