Post subject: Charles Krauthammer book
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:01 pm 

Has anyone read Charles Krauthammer's book Things that Matter? I assume this is more of a biography and not all a political book.

I like Charles and think he is very intelligent and has lived an interesting life. I was very interested in how he coped with being in a wheel chair at such an early age.

I know this is not a romance novel, and I am not asking this for political reasons...I really didn't know where to put this post, so forgive me if I am in the wrong area.

Post subject: Re: Charles Krauthammer book
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:01 pm 

My understanding is that Favorites means any kind of books, not just romance so feel free to post about it here. I like CK also but I can't see myself reading it because I don't particularly like biographies. I would like to know about his personal life though. From Wiki, I understand he was paralyzed when he was in medical school. I wonder if he was married by then or married afterwards. His wife has stayed with him which I love to hear about -- I'm sure there's a beautiful love story there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:06 am 

I think I'd like to read the book, the news story/special on TV about him was amazing, I'd recommend watching that if it is on again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:53 pm 

I love biographies. I think I saw a clip of an interview with Charles where he was saying that he was maybe 22 or 23 yrs old when he hit the bottom of a pool and was paralyzed. If he were alone, he would have drowned. I remember him saying that he knew immediately what had happened as he lay on the bottom of the pool and thinking that he was going to die. Scary to know that in an instant your life can change.

They showed a picture of him just a few weeks before the accident, healthy and running on the beach. It was the last picture of him standing. He was quite good-looking.