Post subject: Weekend Reading Oct. 25-27
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:58 am 

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

Well, it's almost the end of October and believe it or not we had snow flurries here the other day! Way to early for winter.

No big plans for the weekend, our monthly card game on Sunday and tomorrow I might hit the mall.

I had a slow week as far as reading went I have a confession to make -- I have become addicted to Candy Crush.....I should have taken my girlfriend's advice and not get started on that game.

I did read a novella by Elizabeth Essex - The Scandal Before Christmas - a cute read, An Improper Rumer by Emma Wildes -- an above average read and finally the first book in Pamela Clares's I-Team series -- Exterme Exposure -- I really enjoyed this book and I'm going to start Hard Evidence next.

Any plans this weekend! What are you reading.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Oct. 25-27
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:47 am 

I'm not doing much this weekend. Going to get my hair done, but that's it. It's been a pretty bad week, so I think I'm just going to relax at the house and try to recover.

I've read nothing this week. I think I need to take a reading break, so I probably won't read anything this weekend. However, if I get the bug I'll probably read Bad Idea by Damon Suede. I love his characterizations, but this is only the second (I think) contemporary he's written and his paranormals don't interest me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 am 

Hi All,

I've already done some weedeating this morning, probably need to do more tomorrow. Danielle, you're talking about snow and yesterday I was wearing shorts and sandals. What a country we have... so vast in distance.

Today I'm starting...

Storm Front by John Sandford (10/13)
[Virgil Flowers - 7]
Police - Religious Artifact - Mossad - Minnesota

Finished this week...

Hidden Order by Brad Thor (7/13)
[Scot Harvath - 12] [Apostle - 5]
(A- N/A) Gruesome Violence
Interesting facts that I had no clue on about the Federal Reserve. And Boston landmarks pre-American Revolution. No need to read all the books in the series to enjoy this one.

Have a good one, Everyone!

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:16 pm 

Glad to see Friday roll around! Had a busy week. One of the gals is on vacation, so I worked 3 days, spent another with dad and here we are - the end of the week. I work a night tomorrow and then have a few days off.

I finished You're The One, by Robin Kaye. Really enjoying this series. Am halfway through You're the One, by Lori Wilde, another of my fave authors. Both of these books are so good, and really make me miss the fact that my reading time has been seriously cut back. :?

Like Dani, we had snow the other night - enough to turn the grass white! Ugh......if we would not have had a blizzard on May 2, it wouldn't be so bad.

Everyone have a great weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 pm 

Teri did you really read two books with the same title or was that a typo? I love Lori Wilde too but I've never read Robin Kaye.

I'm reading Silencing Eve by Iris Johansen. Excellent book. After that I'll finish The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley. I stopped it because the IJ book is a library book with holds so I don't want to keep it any longer than I have to.

We're going to an apple farm tomorrow to buy cider! I hope it warms up a bit but I'm not holding my breath. It actually snowed last night -- I'm holding you responsible Danielle LOL. All that nasty weather is coming from your direction! 29 degrees this morning -- Brrrrr.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:58 pm 

I'm reading "Rescue My Heart" by Jill Shalvis. It is book #3 in her Animal Magnetism series. It has been on my iPad for quite and for some reason I wasn't aware it was part of a series. I'll have to get the others at some point. I've also enjoyed her Lucky Harbor series.

We're having a Festival of the Arts this weekend which is always a fun event. The weather is in the low 70's which will be nice for walking around.

Have a good weekend.

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:00 pm 

I feel like I haven't read in ages. I'm going to get my nails done, then meet my husband for a movie. We're going to see Captain Phillips.

I am going to start Rhyannon Byrd's story in Wicked and Dangerous and see if I can start reading again.

I have to work this weekend...lots to catch up on. Yes...I'm still wearing sandals here too in Houston. Have a nice weekend ladies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:24 pm 

It is actually cold here in mid TN--temps tonight in the 30's. Just as I was enjoying fall weather, next week it is getting in the 70's!! Wish it would make up it's mind...if it is going to be cold there better be snow!

Hubby and possibly my oldest son will be traveling to Kentucky to brush a duck blind for hunting tomorrow...Yea!! hopefully I get a day to myself. Love my son dearly, but he eats like crazy. And while I love to cook, this empty nester mom is not use to the slave in the kitchen life :lol: I am attempting Bang Bang Shrimp and a Peach Cobbler for tonight...he loves home cooked meals. Last night it was Chicken Tortilla soup which he LOVED. :) I am glad he is enjoying it...while I get fat :lol:

I just want to be lazy and read all weekend. I am finishing up with Shadows Claim by Kresley Cole and starting A Private duel with Agent Gunn by Jillian Stone--a new author for me. So far it is good. Watching a little college football tomorrow.

Thank you for all your good thoughts and comments for my son receiving his SEC ring. It was COLD and raining...we just stayed until after halftime. So happy Vandy won!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:28 pm 

It was a long week at work this week. Thought it would never end. Now I have to rake leaves. They're all over the yard. Just hoping I don't have to dig through snow to get to them. It's cold out there, but I heard it's to warm up a bit next week.

This week I read Redwood Bend by Robyn Carr. It's one of my favorites in her Virgin River series.

Now I'm reading The Claybourne Brides by Julie Garwood. It's three short stories. Good so far, but I'd rather have full length novels.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:30 pm 

Dani - I'm right there with you on the Candy Crush game. It's such a time waster. Every time I turn around I'm playing it. I've been stuck on Level 181 for over a month.

I hope you like Pamela Clare's I-team series. It's one of my favorites. Can't wait to get the new book that comes out next month.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:55 am 

I finished up The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima earlier this week. It's a YA fantasy and the second book in her series. I can't wait to continue with the series. It is a really excellent fantasy series.

I'm currently reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I'm a little worried about it because there's a bunch of Internet drama about how this series ends. :cry: Here's hoping I'm not horribly disappointed. If I finish that which I probably will (Kindle says I only have 6 hours left in the book!), then I'll pick up Somewhere to Dream by Genevieve Graham. I've really enjoyed her books so far and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one as well!

The hubs and I are going to dinner at my aunt and uncle's tonight. We may be going to the city tomorrow. If so, it'll include a good lunch and bookstores! How can you go wrong there?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:42 pm 

I am with you all who play Candy Crush...a game we all hate to love!! Wow, I am only on 47 and feel like I have been playing to clear it for weeks. Kudos to you higher up... I may never reach the 100 mark. That is my goal.
We had book club this weekend and not everyone liked the Deborah Harkness book something about witches... seemed a lot like Twilight and really long. I didn't finish it. Seems I am glad I didn't because everyone was complaining about the ending.
After, I ran to mail my two books I owed out and just did some quick shopping. I am still reading my Karen Slaughter book. I am almost done with it and ready to start either Let Me Go by Chelsea Cain or the new Sandra Brown book I just picked up from the library.
I am planning a little Halloween party for my Seniors on Thursday. Just a couple of games and cake.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:02 pm 

It's been a busy day. My mom's brother is visiting from South Carolina with his son and grandson. So my mom had a get together at her house for her family.

Tonight I've been to visitation for a friend's father. That's the second friend in two weeks who has lost her father. Also, my Uncle James is in the hospital with pneumonia. This has been a pattern with him the past year since he has emphysema.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:48 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
Teri did you really read two books with the same title or was that a typo? I love Lori Wilde too but I've never read Robin Kaye.

Yes Linda, the book by Lori Wilde was Love At First Sight!! That's how badly I need sleep these days! But it was a good book - kept me awake! :wink:

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717