Post subject: Weekend Reading Oct. 11-13
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:28 am 

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone had a good week! The weather in the Chicagoland area has just been beautiful this week.

No big plans this weekend -- I plan on watching football and read!

I read the new Valerie Bowman book The Secrets of a Scandalous Marriage -- an enjoyable read for me. Up next was the new Jennifer Haymore novella His For Christmas which is connected to her House of Trent series. I'm currently reading Going Once by Sharon Sala...this is my first Sharon Sala/Dinah McCall book. After that the new Maggie Robinson book.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy Your Weekend Everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Oct. 11-13
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:59 am 

UGH! I am so annoyed! I had most of my post typed up and I left my computer for 5 minutes and it went away!!

Anyway...I finished Maya Banks' Breathless Trilogy this week. I liked them all but in order of my most favorite to least was Rush, Burn and then Fever (which is the order of the books too). I thought Rush was very emotional and Burn had an interesting premise with a heroine in a situation I had never read before. Fever was alright but it felt kind of like a wrap up and I didn't like the way an old problem came up and made one of the other heroes look sort of bad, and Ash had to "solve" the problem "permanently". Still, a good series and I enjoyed it, although again, I am not a big fan of the D/s thing.

I'm not sure what I might read this weekend. I need to get back to my Melody Beattie book, Codependent No More. I want to finish it. I also have some magazines to read and I'm going to the Texans/Rams game Sunday. I also need to clear my mind before I start something else.

Our temps are finally coming down a little. Highs in the 80's lately instead of the 90's. It's something at least! I think maybe I might make lasagna Saturday night since Eaglegirl has me thinking about it. My husband has a job interview today that he's excited about and he will be sober for 60 days on October 16th. I'm really proud of him. Prayers for his job interview would be appreciated.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 am 

Hi, All!

One of the public libraries not too far from me started a romance book club that meets on the last Monday of each month. I found out about it by accident a few months ago, and I've attended the last two meetings. Two books are chosen for each meeting.

I'm reading "Once Burned," by Jeaniene Frost. Next, I'll read "The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo," by Kerrelyn Sparks. These are the books for the October meeting. Obviously, the theme is vampires.

I just started "Once Burned," and I'm really enjoying it. I love vampire stories, and this is one of the better ones I've read lately. There's a lot of chemistry between the H/h.

I've been in a reading slump lately, and I think this was just what I needed to snap me out of it. Hopefully, "The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo" will be just as good.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Frani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:38 am 

Hi All,

No plans for me ths weekend, depending on the weather if yardwork stays on the agenda, also need to do some painting but it's been too windy the past few days.

Reading from the Library this weekend...

Choke Point by Ridley Pearson (6/13)
[A Risk Agent Novel - 2]
Setting is Amsterdam
Plot is Child Labor

Kyle, I've already a prayer for Chuck that he'll have favor in his job interview, 60 Days Sober! So proud of him and for you and the Boys.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:06 pm 

Those prayers are coming Kyle. This past week, DH had a birthday and we really didn't have a chance to celebrate so this weekend is it. DS's girlfriend is fixing dinner on Sunday and I'm planning on making either apple pie or apple dumplings for dessert (with a candle in the middle!).

I'm reading Sometimes a Rogue by Mary Jo Putney and so far so good. I'm barely into it and it's already hooked me. Very calm reading after Deadline by Sandra Brown LOL. After that I'm not sure. I have a bunch of things downloaded to my Kindle and it's just a matter of picking one. I really need to stop reading and start painting. The holidays will be here before you know it and I have a lot of painting to do. Maybe I'll hire someone!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:37 pm 

Hi all.
Yep, it is really the fall and our temps have been great, love this kind of weather.
I just got back from having an early dinner with my grandkids. Had to pick them all up from school and we decided to go eat. I never laughed so much, they are funny and I love their quirky personalities. On the way home I was forcing them to listen to my oldies and the Lion Sleeps Tonight came on... we sang the song harmonizing (well, not me...tone deaf) and they made me play it again while we sat outside their house singing at the top of our lungs. Now, that was a GREAT afternoon!
I have no other plans for the weekend except Bingo tomorrow night and reading. I am finishing up Hot Shot by Julie Garwood and want to read Alex Kava's Stranded next. You know how that goes... will read it unless something else catches my interest.
Kyle am so happy for you and your family. I will still keep you all in my prayers. Tell your hubby Good luck on his interview.... I hope he gets the job and likes it.

have a great weekend all and as usual happy reading.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:32 pm 

Great news Kyle---So proud of your hubby. Hope he hears some great news about the job interview. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

My oldest son is off to the Ole Miss/Texas A&M game with a bunch of his Vandy friends. They are all staying with the younger son at his place---that will be some adventure. He is very organized and my oldest son is such a slob :lol: Think of the Odd Couple.

So....since it is just hubby and me, I really need to get back on the salad, healthy eating diet :lol: But, I may have to swing by Popeyes Chicken for one last meal :lol:

I am finishing up with Possession by JR Ward. I really like it. I may have to de-program with something light and funny after that. Weather is beautiful. I need to get out and do some yard work then watch some college football tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:56 pm 

Kyle keeping my fingers cross for your husband. And congrats for hitting the 60 day mark.

God Bless.

I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:21 am 

hi everyone - haven't been on here so much the last couple of years - used to do one of the book challenges but then it stopped :-(

on night shift all weekend but will hopefully finish up The Nurse's Secret Suitor by Cheryl Wyatt - one of my favorite Love Inspired authors but this one isnt' really doing it for me - not bad just not really going anywhere fast or holding my attention as well.

after this one not sure- have some library ebooks - 2 Leslie Meier mysteries- those have been keeping my attention lately - dont' like her kids or her hubby much but somehow she makes it work! also have some amazon freebies I've been wanting to read as well as a nonfiction book Happy Money though this one is tough because the print is so small - I've gotten used to ebooks but library didn't have this in ebook format.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 am 

quilt938 wrote:
hi everyone - haven't been on here so much the last couple of years - used to do one of the book challenges but then it stopped :-(

on night shift all weekend but will hopefully finish up The Nurse's Secret Suitor by Cheryl Wyatt - one of my favorite Love Inspired authors but this one isnt' really doing it for me - not bad just not really going anywhere fast or holding my attention as well.

after this one not sure- have some library ebooks - 2 Leslie Meier mysteries- those have been keeping my attention lately - dont' like her kids or her hubby much but somehow she makes it work! also have some amazon freebies I've been wanting to read as well as a nonfiction book Happy Money though this one is tough because the print is so small - I've gotten used to ebooks but library didn't have this in ebook format.

welcome back!!! Stick around... we do have some really good book challenges and all you have to do is go to the games and get started on one. They all are lots of fun. come and join us. The A-Z, and 13-13-13, 2013 challenge are some of my favorites. Helps me keep track of what I have read.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:24 am 

Hey everybody! Long time, no see! :lol: I hope everyone is doing well. I've missed you all!

I'm participating in the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon today so there will be LOTS of reading going on at this girl's house. I am a little less than 100 pages from finishing Inferno by Dan Brown. Once I finish that I'll be reading Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins which I'm sure I'll finish this weekend. Her books are so light and funny with a bit of an emotional punch thrown in. I love them! After that I'll be reading James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl. I only ever read Matilda as a child so I'm trying to make up for lost time in my adulthood.

I hope that everyone has a fantastic weekend! Kyle, just sent up a prayer that your husband has a great interview. 60 days sober is an awesome accomplishment! You should be proud! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:24 am 

Welcome back Stephanie and Quilt 938!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:09 pm 

I've been at my sister's the past few days and will be here through tomorrow. She's out of town at a conference and I'm staying here to make sure my niece gets to and from band practice. They had to perform at a home football game last night. I don't like football so I read during the game. I'm almost finished with Lori Foster's Bare It All.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:48 pm 

I am currently reading the Dundee series by Brenda Novak.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:07 pm 

I visit this posting to get ideas on good books to read and you all have recommended many great books. I just noticed 13 posts and 2771 views, wow. I need to quit being that fly on the wall and participate. :lol:
I usually have an audio on my ipod and an ebook. One for the drive, one for the total enjoyment of losing myself in a book. I am listening to an old Katie MacAlister, Men in Kilts and I am re-reading on ebook another old one by Susan Wiggs, The You I Never Knew. I feel like I am on top of all the new releases and cannot seem to find anything new so for now I am re-reading. Thanks for keeping this column going!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:33 pm 

I am kind in a slump. I have reserved Deadline by SB at the library, but I am sure there is a long list of names ahead of mine. Meanwhile, I have been re-reading Prince Charming by JG. I have several non-fiction books I could read, but I have to get in the mood.

Kyle---one day at a time. I don't know your husband, but I am proud of him and happy for you and your family.

Keeping your DH in my prayers that the interview goes well, and he soon finds employment to his liking.

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:08 pm 

I'm reading the Jessica McLain series this weekend. Read the novella, immediately bought the first book in the series, finished that last night and bought the second (half way through)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:23 pm 

Had a good reading week. Finished Anything But Love by Beth Ciotta and Christmas on 4th Street by Susan Mallery. Both are great series, but I am especially fond of Mallery's Fool's Gold books. I think it should be made in to a TV show, with Kathy Bates playing Mayor Marsha!

Beautiful fall weather here this week. The evenings have been chilly, a sign that fall will soon be here in full force.

Kyle, congrats to your hubby for 60 days Major accomplishment!

Everyone have a great week ahead!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717