Post subject: Possession by JR Ward
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:42 pm 

I like this series, not as much as the Brotherhood, but it is still good. I am really liking Possession. So far, I am around chapter 30 and Ward has really spent more time developing the surrounding characters. At chapter 30, there hasn't been any plot development--no getting in the game of winning souls---heck, I am still trying to guess who the next soul is---Cait? Duke? or GB? So far there has been a lot of relationship development for Jim and Sissy--which I can't see that--isn't he MUCH older---isn't she like 18 or in her early twenties?

Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Possession by JR Ward
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:52 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
I like this series, not as much as the Brotherhood, but it is still good. I am really liking Possession. So far, I am around chapter 30 and Ward has really spent more time developing the surrounding characters. At chapter 30, there hasn't been any plot development--no getting in the game of winning souls---heck, I am still trying to guess who the next soul is---Cait? Duke? or GB? So far there has been a lot of relationship development for Jim and Sissy--which I can't see that--isn't he MUCH older---isn't she like 18 or in her early twenties?

Any thoughts?

I haven't started it yet but hello, how many chapters are there that you're at chapter 30 and you don't know who the soul is yet??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:24 pm 

Just down loaded it and can't wait to read it right after Styxx. Going to my sisters this Sat. and will sit by the pool for a week and read and get a tan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:49 pm 

I read the first 2 -- Covet and Crave? I enjoyed them but never got around reading the next books. This is a series I still would like to get to but there always seems to be another book I want to read first. I think that means that I liked it but not 5 star. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:20 am 

I am waiting for my copy.... :D

I don't want Sissy for Jim, I'd like to think that is more a brother / sister thing....

But who knows...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:58 pm 

Right now, I am at chapter 43. All I can say is wow! It is really good. A few twists you didn't see coming.

Kyle---it has 58 chapters, so I am over halfway there. Around chapter 39 is when I am pretty confident of the soul to win. It is like Ward keeps you in suspense, whereas before, you knew the soul to win right off the bat and the battle for the soul starts early in her other books...not so here.

It is strange to describe, It seems like she has a strong secondary story going on which is great...almost overshadowing the primary story. The secondary story is like---Jim, Sissy, Devina and Adrian. Then you have the primary story--the soul to win---Duke, Cait and GB. The primary and the secondary stories do not seem to connect until around chapter 43 or after. It seems like both Devina and Jim aren't in the game of winning the soul until much later in the chapters. But up until then, the stories are really good. Devina with her OCD is funny. You really want to hate her, but she has her likable moments, quite funny.

The only think I am not quite getting is where Ward is going to take the Jim and Sissy connection. In my mind, Sissy is still a young 20 something, still college age and isn't Jim much older--in his 40's?? So far in the book, they are not sexually together, but Ward leads you to believe they may be in the future.

Future souls to win that I would like to see would be...Eddie, Adrian and even Devina if that is possible...it would be interesting to see if Ward could pull it off.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:29 am 

I agree. I would love to see Devina but since she's a demon I don't know if she has a soul.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:10 pm 

Looking forward to reading these books. Loved the brotherhood.

TessAnn :)