Post subject: Deadline by Sandra Brown
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:01 pm 

I think this is one of her best. As a warning for those who care, it's more mystery/thriller than romantic fiction although there are a couple of sexy scenes. The hero, Dawson Scott is a reporter who is suffering from battle fatigue after being embedded in Afghanistan. He's given a "story" to follow by his godfather, an almost retired FBI agent about the murder of a decorated Marine who left an ex-wife and 2 young sons. From the flap, you can determine that the widow and Scott are going to be the "couple".

The bad guy is really an awful human being. The story has lots of twists and turns and a very satisfying ending and epilogue. I was lucky enough to get my copy from the library very quickly. If you buy, this is worth the cost. If you borrow, get your name on the reserve ASAP. I gave it 5 stars on Amazon.

Post subject: Re: Deadline by Sandra Brown
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:31 pm 

Linda--Thank you for your comments re: 'Deadline' by Sandra Brown. I admit to not having read much new stuff by her lately since she has dialed down the romance (a la Lisa Gardner, Tami Hoag, etc.), but this one sounds good.

I like a really good bad guy, although there have been some that have turned my stomach. I do wish, though, that authors would write more women as villains. It is not just men who can be evil.

HR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:36 pm 

Sounds interesting. I love Sandra Brown. I think this is also one that my hubby will enjoy...he is more into suspense than romance. He has listened to some of Sandra Brown's books---Envy, Prey, Chill Factor and really likes them. He also listened to one of her romance books by accident, thinking it was going to be a suspense----all he said is that she must be one horny woman :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:09 pm 

I met her last year when she came to Bowling Green, KY for a signing. Her husband is a good looking man and she at one of signings he raised his hand to ask her who was the inspiration for all the sex scenes in her books. Of course, he is.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:39 am 

I just got on the list at the library.... can't wait. I love her books.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:00 pm 

I finished this book, yesterday, and I was disappointed. Some of her earlier work, despite her having less writing experience, was plotted much better than this. It was neither a very good thriller or a romantic suspense. I might add, she is my favorite author now that Robards is into paranormal, and each year, I eagerly wait for SB's new book to come out. (I don't read many new books as there are such few authors, including new-to-me authors, I care to read.) That's why this was a major disappointment.

I recommend you get this one at the library.

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:17 pm 

Judy G. wrote:
I finished this book, yesterday, and I was disappointed. Some of her earlier work, despite her having less writing experience, was plotted much better than this. It was neither a very good thriller or a romantic suspense. I might add, she is my favorite author now that Robards is into paranormal, and each year, I eagerly wait for SB's new book to come out. (I don't read many new books as there are such few authors, including new-to-me authors, I care to read.) That's why this was a major disappointment.

Well different strokes for different folks I guess. I gave my brother my library copy and he liked it too. I would place this, Envy and Lethal as my top 3 SB books. I'm curious Judy, what are your favorites by SB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:57 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
Judy G. wrote:

Well different strokes for different folks I guess. I gave my brother my library copy and he liked it too. I would place this, Envy and Lethal as my top 3 SB books. I'm curious Judy, what are your favorites by SB.

Envy, The Switch, Breath of Scandal, Play Dirty, Lethal, Slow Heat in Heaven to name a few because I cannot think of the titles of many others I like.

My problem with this book is that I didn't feel like she fleshed out her characters except the bad guy's wife's. I felt that I really knew her. But in a year or two, Linda, I will forget the plot and forget I disliked it simply because it was written by SB. :lol:

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!