Post subject: Pamela Morsi books
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:15 pm 

It has been a long time since I read any of her work. The last book was a contemporary, Suburban Renewal and I don't even remember if I read the entire book. I have been watching Linda's posts about her so I thought I would give her another try. Unfortunately, my library and regional lending system do not stock many of her books, but I did manage to get a couple: The Cotton Queen and Bitsy's Bait and BBQ, both contemporaries.

I wasn't sure I would like the format of The Cotton Queen (each chapter told from the mother's or daughter's perspective), but Morsi seamlessly weaves her tale. I recommend if you haven't read it.

Bitsy's Bait and BBQ is another great read. Love her humor in both books. She is so great with her characterizations.

I have a hard time finding her books in the bookstores, used or new. Maybe one day I will get brave and order from the internet.

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!

Post subject: Re: Pamela Morsi books
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:02 am 

Bitsy's Bait and BBQ is on my list of books of hers to read. As is the Bikini Car Wash and any of her books that the reviews say are humorous. I love the way she writes small towns. I really, really miss her historicals but I kind of think she's not going to go back -- soooo, I decided to try her funny contemps. I loved The Lovesick Cure because it has the characters from Marrying Stone and Simple Jess.

I'm glad you liked Cotton Queen and Bitsy -- one of these days (probably in the winter when there aren't too many new books out!)

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:36 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
Bitsy's Bait and BBQ is on my list of books of hers to read. As is the Bikini Car Wash and any of her books that the reviews say are humorous. I love the way she writes small towns. I really, really miss her historicals but I kind of think she's not going to go back -- soooo, I decided to try her funny contemps. I loved The Lovesick Cure because it has the characters from Marrying Stone and Simple Jess.

I'm glad you liked Cotton Queen and Bitsy -- one of these days (probably in the winter when there aren't too many new books out!)

I wanted to get The Lovesick Cure and Bikini Car Wash, too.

I like books about small towns, but it is the characters that do it for me, and Morsi makes them come alive. In Bitsy's, the setting is in southern Missouri. She does a great job in describing the location and its inhabitants. I hope you enjoy it.

Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:49 am 

I have never read anything of hers but I just ordered Here Comes the Bride. It will be here in a few days. So..is this a good one to get hooked on?? If so, I am thinking of getting Simple Jess and or Marrying Stone next.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:31 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
I have never read anything of hers but I just ordered Here Comes the Bride. It will be here in a few days. So..is this a good one to get hooked on?? If so, I am thinking of getting Simple Jess and or Marrying Stone next.

The title sounds familiar, but I honestly don't remember it. I should google it and see if my memory is refreshed. My first PM book was Garters. I laughed until I had tears streaming down my face. Then I tried to find everything she had written. A few disappointed me, but a not-so-good book by her is still worth reading.

I read Marrying Stone and Simple Jess. They are very good too, and if you decide to get them, read the Marrying Stone, first.

Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:24 pm 

Just picked up Marrying Stone from the library. So I can read it while Here Comes the Bride is delivered.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
Just picked up Marrying Stone from the library. So I can read it while Here Comes the Bride is delivered.

Let us know what you think when you finish.

Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:54 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:

I just went over to Amazon to refresh my memory of Here Comes the Bride. IIRC, the only thing I did not like about it was the hero was a little younger than the heroine; otherwise, it was a very good book, IMO.

Go Hogs!