Post subject: Weekend Reading Sept. 27 -29
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:29 am 

Hello Everyone!

I can't believe it's the end of September already! Wow this month has really flown by.

My friend son is coming over on Saturday to help me continue to clear out my book room and on Sunday I'm going to visit a friend I haven't seen in a couple of years. She lives about an hour away.

Excellent reading week -- I finally read the last 3 books in Dee Davis A-TAC series. (Robin yea I did for one of your challenges!) I'm going to start either the new Madeline Hunter book or the Gaelen Foley book that came out in July!

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Sept. 27 -29
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:32 am 

Hi Everyone! I am jumping in here early as we are leaving in about an hour to drive to the mountains in North Carolina. We will be about an hour west of Ashville. Can't wait. Georgia is playing LSU in football here tomorrow and it will be wild and crazy so we are getting out of town.

Reading wise I finished THE ARRANGMENT by Mary Balogh. A solid B and a very sweet book. No high drama in it. Now reading FOR THE LOVE OF A SOLDIER by Victoria Morgan. One of the reviews said it was the best historical they had read in years. I am a sucker for a soldier story as I married one. Have a great weekend everyone. Lindy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:47 am 

Lindy wrote:
Hi Everyone! I am jumping in here early as we are leaving in about an hour to drive to the mountains in North Carolina. We will be about an hour west of Ashville. Can't wait. Georgia is playing LSU in football here tomorrow and it will be wild and crazy so we are getting out of town.

Reading wise I finished THE ARRANGMENT by Mary Balogh. A solid B and a very sweet book. No high drama in it. Now reading FOR THE LOVE OF A SOLDIER by Victoria Morgan. One of the reviews said it was the best historical they had read in years. I am a sucker for a soldier story as I married one. Have a great weekend everyone. Lindy

Have a good time at the football game!

Let us know how much you like FOR THE LOVE OF A SOLDIER.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:07 am 

Hi everyone... happy Friday!
It is my kind of weather! Sis is away this weekend visiting our brother, so it will be dinner down my daughters on Sunday. I am relieved this weekend because I got the October Senior Center Newsletter out. It is about 5 pages and I did it myself this time. Sent it to the printer yesterday. Now I can relax for a week or two until I get the next one started.

Reading wise I am reading The Last Kiss Goodbye by Karen Robards. I am starting to like the ghost Michael, and I am SURE he is not a serial killer. I think the give away is how sick and emotional he gets when he sees these young girls beaten and killed. I am 3//4 the way through, and I am sensing another book in the series where Michael starts helping Charlie with her ghosts. I don't know, but I am enjoying it now. The first book was hard to like because you think he is a stone cold killer... now I am not so sure.
Well have a great fall weekend and enjoy yourselves. Happy reading.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:18 am 

Happy weekend everyone!

My husband left last night to go dove hunting with one of the guys he met in rehab. This is kind of his first test I guess to see if he's going to be able to go do things like this that he likes to do without drinking. I, myself, went out last night with some friends and got home WAY later than I planned (around 2 am 8) I am so freaking tired today). I'm planning to spend the rest of the weekend just hanging out and reading, then going to the Texans/Seahawks game Sunday.

I read Getting Rowdy by Lori Foster this week. It was good as expected, and I'm looking forward to what I hope will be the next book (Dash and Margaret).

I'm not sure what I'll be starting this weekend. I've been saying I was going to start Maya Banks Burn series but I still haven't yet. I've been getting hung up and detoured by other authors. So that might be where I go this weekend. Although the new Shannon McKenna is out as well, about Miles. That looks good too.

Everyone have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:03 pm 

End of September?!? How can that be? Oh well.....I fell like I totally missed summer, but here's hoping the rest of the year isn't as stressful as the first half!

I am trying to get started in Thankless In Death, JD Robb. Time hasn't been on my side this week, so this afternoon I am hoping to really get in to it. I picked up a new cross stitch project and kinda got sidetracked.

Everyone have a great weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:06 pm 

Busy weekend ahead for me! I volunteer at the local performing arts center. Tonight's show is Bill Engvall and his DWTS partner will be there with him. Tomorrow is an international festival which I like to attend and then for the evening, Neil Sedaka is performing at the pac.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:47 pm 

I've been reading the Matter of Time series by Mary Calmes. Not her greatest, but not bad either (~3 stars). I've got two books left in the series, but I'm getting a little tired of Jory's drama in the books (he's definitely a drama queen) so I may wait a few weeks to read the rest of them. Although the series has an ongoing arc I'm at a good stopping point.

I did read Thankless in Death by JD Robb last week, too, and enjoyed it. It wasn't the best book she's ever written, but it was different than normal and we did get a Roarke holiday in there, too. Several emotional moments - and one that made me bawl (in a good way) - so I'd rate it a solid 4.

I also read Bound by Honor by SE Jakes and it was very, very good. I think this will be a series I'm going to get hooked on if the books get better like I've read they do.

I don't really have anything going on this weekend, so I'm going to deep clean the house and wash and groom the dogs and cats. Other than that, reading and catching up on all the new shows on my DVR, I hope to start a cross stitch project and start going for walks again.

As for reading, on deck are Gunmetal Magic and Magic Rises audio books by Ilona Andrews, Hunting Ground and Fair Game audio books by Patricia Briggs, and reading Becoming Three and Quick to the Hunt by Cameron Dane and Be with Me by Maya Banks. If I finish the reading, then I'll go to Pickup Men by LC Chase and the Nicky & Brandon trilogy by James Buchanan.

Of course, that is if I don't change my mind before then. :lol: I'm very bad about looking at all my books and thinking "I've got nothing to read."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:05 pm 

Busy weekend for me. My dad's birthday bash is tonight, then I have a funeral to go to on Sat and another to go to on Sunday. My 2 nieces and 1 nephew are getting baptized on Sunday, so I will go to their church for the ceremony.

My cable TV is out along with my phone, so I am going to pretend I am stranded on a deserted island or snowed in..in a cabin. Hopefully try to find a few good books to read. Hubby will go nuts not having a TV since he has to have it on 24/7. We definitely have to find a place to watch the Alabama/Ole Miss game. My sister and husband invited us over after church to watch the Titan's play on Sunday.

Paulette--I just finished with The Last Kiss Goodbye. I really like this series, but it frustrates me. I think it is because I don't know how Robards is going to settle the Michael issue. I enjoyed the first book a lot because there was more suspense...you didn't know whether Michael was or wasn't a serial killer.

Lindy--enjoy North Carolina. It is beautiful. I was so hoping that hubby and I could spend some time in Asheville this fall, but we can't get away from work at the moment...maybe in the spring.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:29 pm 

Eaglegirl, did you ever watch Ghost Whisper? If not, the husband dies and comes back in someone else's body... a thing like, one soul entering as one soul leaves. Different look all together. That could be one way... but I really think Michael looks are perfect... so, I'd have to deal with that... who knows.. I just hope it isn't the end, yet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:45 am 

I'm late getting to this. Lindy, have a wonderful time in the mountains -- I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow for Gatlinburg but DH hasn't even mentioned it and I'm trying to redecorate. So, we may not get there until the spring either.

Right now I'm reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year in Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver. It's non-fiction and I'm not sure I'm going to finish it. BK wrote one of my favorite fiction books, Prodigal Summer, but this one is about her family's move from Arizona to a farm in VA to see if they can live off the land to reduce the dependence of this country on oil. It's not my usual cup of tea -- she's very liberal -- but I like her anyway LOL.

After that I'll start Love at First Sight by Lori Wilde because I'll need something light and fluffy! It's going to be a beautiful weekend -- I'm going to go to lunch today with my oldest son's girlfriend and my sister. DS and DH are playing golf so we're doing a girl thing with lunch and maybe furniture shopping for me.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. Fill your glass again, with a merry face and contented heart. Our life on it, but your Christmas shall be merry, and your new year a happy one! -- Dickens

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:08 pm 

Had a lot of time to read this week; read "Getting Rowdy" Lori Foster, "Run to You" Rachel Gibson, "Poor Little Rich Boy" Kate Sherwood and "Going Once" Sharon Sala.

I am now reading the "Mirror Mirror" anthology.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:18 pm 

No real plans for this weekend except getting ready for vacation. Next week I'm taking my mother to Gatlinburg, TN. Thought we'd travel down Skyline Drive in Virginia since neither of us have been there before. Will also visit Asheville, NC while I'm in the south. Can't wait!

This week I read Fire and Ice by Anne Stuart. It's part of her Ice series. Really enjoyed this one. Also read The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley. Like it too. Not sure what to read next. Probably a mystery or romantic suspense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:20 pm 

Over the course of this week, I read MY LORD WICKED by Cheryl Bolen.

This afternoon I started reading MIDNIGHT IN DEATH by J D Robb.