Post subject: Weekend Reading Sept. 20-22
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:50 am 

Happy Friday!!!!

Another crazy week of weather here in the Chicagoland area...we went from turning on the heat to turning on the air yesterday.

Another full weekend....dentist on Saturday and going to brunch and then playing cards on Sunday. I want to be home in time to watch the Bears play Sunday night and flipping on the Emmys during commerical.

I'm currently reading a new to me author Vivian Arend. High Risk, I have to admit that I just started it. Earlier this week I read The Arrangement by Mary Balogh and The Winning Season by Alison Packard. Both were enjoyable reads.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Sept. 20-22
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:53 am 

Hi all! Danielle can you believe that you typed Sept 20-22???? Where did the summer go??? The weather here is goofy, too. I haven't turned my furnace on yet, but can see it won't be too far off. I've already gotten my long pajama's out... usually I wear short ones... have to have something on... weirdo that I am!
I am reading Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo. I have to have this done by tomorrow morning.... and I don't see that happening unless I pull an all-nighter. Being at this new job and learning new things about it... has hampered my reading. I am still doing the other job (5:30 -9:00) until my boss gets a new person. I think next week will be the last week for doing that... he is just checking someone's references. It makes for a really long day.
I absolutely love the Seniors! It is almost like watching young kids fuss with each other. Since I got the Wii for them.... my 92 year old beats everyone and she is the happiest Wii bowler in the world. I am going to set up Wii golf for the guys and see how that turns out.
I may have to learn how to drive that darn van because they want to compete with some other old folks in homes near us.
Can you tell I am so happy and absolutely love this job already? Sometimes it scares me when I get too happy about something.... I am afraid something will happen to make it end. I know.... this is something I carry over from childhood and am trying to get over.
I feel once I get settled with the one job, I can then start my reading back up and get back on track.

Happy reading everyone. Have a great fall weekend and week.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:18 am 

This week was a pretty busy week. I listened to Magic Bleeds and Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews and Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs. I read Home Work, Compensations and Learning Curve all by Kaje Harper and Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs.

I was sad to see the end of the Life Lessons series by KH, but this one underwhelmed me, so I think it was time. Still loving IA's Kate Daniels series and while I love PB's Mercy series more I'm thoroughly enjoying the A&O series.

Right now I'm reading Thankless in Death by JD Robb and listening to Gunmetal Magic by IA. I hope to finish them, plus Magic Slays by IA and Bound by Honor by SE Jakes this weekend.

We're getting lots of rain today, so this weekend should be quiet at my house. I've been running around for the past few weeks trying to fins financing to purchase the family business from my parents. I tell you some of the banks had me almost in tears the way they treated me. I kept praying and trusting that everything will work out. Then yesterday I went to a bank that was frankly amazing. The VP I spoke with was very nice, listened to me and I think it may be the one. All the other banks spent an average of 15 minutes with me (to go over my goals and my 200 page business plan), but this guy spent 3 HOURS with me. So keep your fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:22 am 

PauletteW wrote:
Can you tell I am so happy and absolutely love this job already? Sometimes it scares me when I get too happy about something.... I am afraid something will happen to make it end. I know.... this is something I carry over from childhood and am trying to get over.

Paulette, I'm so happy for you. Take time to enjoy your job, the seniors and your happiness. Don't worry about it ending! You're there for a reason and I'm sure they are more than thankful to have you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:24 am 

Happy weekend everyone!

This week I've been reading new to me author Anne Calhoun. I read On the Edge, Uncommon Pleasure and then finished up Uncommon Passion this morning. They are all loosely related. These were HOT HOT HOT and very emotional. I LOVE books like this. I am trying to decide if I want to wait and read something else at this point or keep going with something else by her. She has another book (well, she has several) but there's one that I'm interested in but it's got another book in the series coming out in February so I'm kind of wanting to wait. I like to read them all together. Having said that I think I'll either finally start the Maya Banks Breathless Trilogy OR the J. Kenner Stark Trilogy.

Things are going well at home. I am trying to enjoy it rather than constantly waiting for "the other shoe to drop". We have a little front coming through right now that's going to finally drop us down into the 80's during the day and 60's at night. Whoo hoo (LOL) boy has fall arrived or what?? Okay that was sarcasm. Hopefully though in the next few weeks we'll get a few more fronts and the temps will start to drop.

Hope you're all well!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:32 am 

[color=#008080]Hope everyone had a good week and those who were sick, dealing with issues or just plain swamped with things to do are doing well! Paulette, so glad you like your next job - your enthusiasm is showing and that's great!

I’m currently finishing “Stolen” by Allison Brennan. I spread out reading the last two books in the series so I’m current with the story as her next Lucy Kincaid book comes out next month. I’m reading with trepidation; I’m so afraid she is going to kill off Sean Rogan, boyfriend of Lucy, because of the eluted to romantic conflict with Noah Armstrong. I'll never forget the stunning kill off of a character in one of her earlier books! Any sense, thoughts or speculation on that from other readers? Maybe I’m the only one reading the series with that feeling,

I’m going to start Brad Thor’s “Hidden Order” as soon as I can. We expect a rainy weekend so I’m sure there will be time for reading.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dani
/color]

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 pm 

I'm in the middle of Biting Bad by Chloe Neill. It's excellent as always. I love vampire stories where they can eat as much as they want and never gain weight! After that I'm going to start Anne Stuarts's Never Kiss a Rake -- the first in the Scandal at the House of Russell series.

This is Oktoberfest weekend in Zinzinnati so I'm dreaming of strudel! This is a great outdoor festival in downtown -- the world's largest chicken dance! (not sure why there's a chicken dance because I don't think it's German). Anyway, I'm celebrating my German heritage this weekend and hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:18 pm 

I'm reading an old favorite by Christina Skye Hour of the Rose. . It's part of her Draycott Abbey series.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:09 am 

Anastacyann wrote:
I've been running around for the past few weeks trying to fins financing to purchase the family business from my parents. I tell you some of the banks had me almost in tears the way they treated me. I kept praying and trusting that everything will work out. Then yesterday I went to a bank that was frankly amazing. The VP I spoke with was very nice, listened to me and I think it may be the one. All the other banks spent an average of 15 minutes with me (to go over my goals and my 200 page business plan), but this guy spent 3 HOURS with me. So keep your fingers crossed.

I will keep my fingers and eyes crossed for you. Also a few prayers coming your way. Hope you get to carry on the family business. Thanks for your kind words for me.

Wow, did pull an "almost" all nighter to finish the book...it reads like an episode of Criminal Minds! Of course I loved Sworn to Silence! I am a serial killer slut....what can I say?????lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:47 am 

Found a new author (for me) Suzanne Wright and enjoying the Phoenix Pack in between re-readings of Kristin Ashley.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:26 pm 

I finished reading IN THE MIDNIGHT RAIN by Ruth Wind (Barbara Samuel)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:07 pm 

Big reading weekend interspersed with moment of house and yard work :D

Finished ARC of Jagged by Kristen Ashley and halfway through UnAttainable by Madeline Sheehan, haven't read like that for a while.... feels good!

both Great books but UnAttainable is winning!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:49 am 

Kelly C. wrote:
I finished reading IN THE MIDNIGHT RAIN by Ruth Wind (Barbara Samuel)

I read this several years ago. It was so good and it really made an impact on me. How did you like it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:29 am 

^^^

I read In the Midnight Rain also and really liked it.