Post subject: Weekend Reading July 5-7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:51 am 

Hi Everyone,

For those of us who celebrate the 4th of July I hope you had a wonderful day!!!!

We have a busy weekend...today my friend is coming over for a small bbq and hopefully her grandson will be able to use the pool. Tomorrow we are going out to dinner with friends. Sunday I'm dragging my husband to Half Price Books -- they have a coupon for 50% off of one item in the store! There's a couple of books I want. Today's our 22nd wedding anniversay we'll go out to dinner and celebrate probably later in the month.

I read The Duchess Hunt by Jennifer Haymore -- I enjoyed it after I got into the story. Right now I'm reading The Secret Affair by Valerie Bowman, I'm not that far into it. Then I'm going to read the new Stephanie Laurens book.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading July 5-7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:43 am 

Hi everyone,
Hope you had a fun 4th!

I received some sad news Wednesday, one of my favorite romance authors, Francis Ray, passed away last week. She was such a nice person as well as a great writer.

I have been reading Nighthawk by Beverly Jenkins and I am enjoying it.

Will be celebrating a friends' birthday Saturday with a cookout, and celebrating our church anniversary with a big picnic and fireworks display Sunday.

Last edited by booksreader7 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:37 am 

Hi everyone.
Well now the 4th is under our belts, the rest of summer will just fly by. It always seems to do that after the 4th, at least for me it does.
Spent the evening down my daughters. We had a nice mellow evening and the kids were packing to go to camp for a week then up to their other Grammy's for 2 weeks. I was surprised to see my 13 yr old gd carrying a cute white wicker basket through the living room... I asked what was that and she said it was the clothes she washed for the next couple of weeks. She prefers to do her own laundry! I laughed so hard because she really is a mini me!! I gave my daughter a look and she just said, I don't wash clothes fast enough for Abby so she asked to learn how to wash clothes herself. Clever mother, right?
I am reading two books now...Against the Law by Kat Martin... and Nora Roberts new one Whisky ..I forget if it is cove. Only about 7 chapters in on each book. With everyone gone next week I will be able to finish them.

Hope you all have a great week.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:09 pm 

Happy weekend ladies! As I sit and type this I wish I could say we were in Jamaica but so far...we're not. We missed our flight check in this morning by FOUR MINUTES and they wouldn't let us go.

So instead I'm at the airport Doubletree. We're going to try to get on standby tomorrow morning at 9:30. If we can't then we're reserved on a flight at noon. Our reservation at the resort has been shifted by a day and because we can't get a flight back on Friday we had to pay for one more night at the resort. It's been an expensive four minutes.

I'm reading the last Blackstone Affair book right now, Eyes Wide Open.

We also saw World War Z today. It was super intense. I read the book several years ago but don't really remember much so I'm not even sure if the movie followed the book or not. Even my husband said it was a winner though.

Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be on a beach in Jamaica.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:41 pm 

I hope that everyone had a great 4th. I had a good day. My family and I spent that day at a cousins house. We had good food and great company. Since my friend was spending the day alone, I brought her along. We got back to my house a little before 9. We decided to take walk to the park and we could see the fireworks from the Bronx. There were some people setting off fireworks on their property or in the street. Crazy NYers :wink:

Other than going to the beach on Sunday, I have no real plans this weekend. It's supposed to be extremely hot and humid. My goal is to stay in the air conditioning as much as possible :mrgreen:

I read just 3 books this week. I had no time for more. I started off with Forged in Steele by Maya Banks. I really enjoyed it. Really looking forward to Donovan's book due out later this year.
After that I read An Introduction to Pleasure by Jess Michaels. A good read as well. Very hot and steamy :oops:

Lastly, I read a new to me author, Sophia Johnson. I read Risk Everything. I really liked it. I was so into the book that, before I knew it, it was 5 AM! I just couldn't put it down. I may have to try out more from her. I just started The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh by Stephanie Laurens.

Have a great weekend, everyone. If anyone else is having this crazy heat like here in NY, stay cool :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:14 am 

Hello everyone.
Happy anniversary Danielle.
Booksreader7- I'm sorry to hear of the talented Francis Ray's death.
Hope Kyle is finally on her way to a beach in Jamaica.
I feel the book -reading blahs coming up. Saturday when I pick up my reserved copy of Joyland I will also get a children's book to brighten my mood(and add to my potluck challenge) and a funny Meg something series with animal names by Donna Andrews which was highly recommended by a friend. Has anyone read these?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:23 pm 

just finished the Newcomer by Robyn Carr; she just keeps getting better and better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:25 pm 

I'm reading Lush by Lauren Dane. Good as always!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:58 am 

This weekend I read The Billionaire Next Door by Jessica Bird (Keeper) and Yours for the Taking by Robin Kaye (Good).

Now I'm starting Capture the Night by Geralyn Dawson.

Last edited by Robin in PA on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:58 am 

sorry, double post.