Post subject: Shannon Stacey
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:15 am 

Has anybody read Shannon Stacey's Kowalski Family books? I've read the first three books and absolutely love them. They are light contemporary romances with some very funny situations. I'm looking forward to more books by this author and will be picking up the rest of the Kowalski series.

Post subject: Re: Shannon Stacey
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:00 pm 

Me Me Me!!!! I love this series!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 pm 

Before I read this series I was kind of tired of Contemporary romance. These books make me want to read more. I hope the next books in the series are as good as the first three. Have you read all of them Danielle?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:33 pm 

Robin, I've read them all, my least favorite was All He Ever Wanted. And I have no idea why.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:48 am 

Thanks! I'm looking for some nice light fun reading so I downloaded the 1st book on the Kobo and will give it a go.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:15 pm 

I read one of them out of order and then went back and ordered the first one. So far I haven't read it. They're OK for a light read but I don't think they are as good as, say, Robyn Carr or Catherine Anderson. Just MHO.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:06 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
I read one of them out of order and then went back and ordered the first one. So far I haven't read it. They're OK for a light read but I don't think they are as good as, say, Robyn Carr or Catherine Anderson. Just MHO.

These books are definitely different than Robyn Carr or Catherine Anderson. I think those authors many times write about issues (rape, infertility, disabled) along with the romance story. Shannon Stacey's books seem to have sharp dialogue and funny situations, especially when the whole family gets together.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 pm 

Robin in PA wrote:
Linda7849 wrote:

These books are definitely different than Robyn Carr or Catherine Anderson. I think those authors many times write about issues (rape, infertility, disabled) along with the romance story. Shannon Stacey's books seem to have sharp dialogue and funny situations, especially when the whole family gets together.

Robin,

Do you think that Robyn Carr is similar in writing to Catherine Anderson? I love CA, but was always worried about trying RC because from something I read (don't remember where) I got the feeling she would be more like Kristin Higgins. I can't handle KH's books, so I would like your opinion on what you think of RC.

Stacy

P.S. Sorry to get off topic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:18 pm 

anastacyann wrote:
Robin,

Do you think that Robyn Carr is similar in writing to Catherine Anderson? I love CA, but was always worried about trying RC because from something I read (don't remember where) I got the feeling she would be more like Kristin Higgins. I can't handle KH's books, so I would like your opinion on what you think of RC.

Stacy

P.S. Sorry to get off topic.

I've never read Kristin Higgins so I can't weigh in there. I think both Robyn Carr and Catherine Anderson write family oriented stories. Along with the central relationship, the stories sometimes deal with a lot of small town issues and the fact that everyone knows everyone's business.

In Carr's Virgin River series, there are several story threads in each book. Sometimes a person will appear in a couple of books before their story is told. I think CA usually sticks with the main character's story in each book.

You might want to try the first couple Virgin River books to see if you like them. I heard her new series is pretty good too, but haven't had a chance to start it.