Post subject: The Blackstone Affair Trilogy UPDATED
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:13 pm 

Has anyone read this trilogy? It looks like another 50 Shades trilogy and with vacation coming up I thought it looked good. Of course...it's not like I don't have about 15 other books I can read, including Lover at Last, which I haven't read yet, but I read the summaries at Amazon and they look really good. Anything? Anyone?

It's by Raine Miller.

I am half way through the second book. They're short. Both book one and two are about 125 pages. I like them. They're similar to FSOG but definitely NOT nearly as intense. Still I love Ethan Blackstone. The heroine, Brynne is a little uneven but Ethan makes up for it. All in all, glad I took a chance.

Post subject: Re: The Blackstone Affair Trilogy UPDATED
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:29 pm 

Thanks for mentioning this book. I gave the first book a try and now I keep wondering about their story. The hard thing for me is the price. In order to get their whole story I have to get all three books at $5.69 each and that adds up, especially considering how short they are. Her historical, His Perfect Passion looks good and is $3.44 at 196 pages. I wish they were $.99 or $1.99. That would make it much easier. The writing didn't seem as smooth as some other contemporaries but like I said, I got hooked into their story and want to know what happens. This reminds me a little of Sylvia Day's Crossfire Series. I only read the first one once I realized the story was continuing on past 3 books and at $8.89/book that was too steep.